Is Anyone Cricket Fan?

Looking more promising for India now. 4th test 2nd day. All to play for (almost) . You could level the series.

Good Luck.

Looking more promising for India now. 4th test 2nd day. All to play for (almost) . You could level the series.

Good Luck.

End of 2nd day...England 330,India 87 for bloody 4.Last time English won the series in India I was 3.England played the way our team play in subcontinent and our team the opposite.Though its quiet frustrating to watch team play like that England gave the opportunity to witness good cricket.specially Cook I am becoming his fan.and also well played by newcomer joe root.

End of 2nd day...England 330,India 87 for bloody 4.Last time English won the series in India I was 3.England played the way our team play in subcontinent and our team the opposite.Though its quiet frustrating to watch team play like that England gave the opportunity to witness good cricket.specially Cook I am becoming his fan.and also well played by newcomer joe root.

We will soon know. Thank you for your comments; you are obviously a true cricket fan and a good sportsman. I am glad that there are still some around.:)

Thanks for your comments....you are certainly one of them too :) .....Its been long time since opposition played so beautifully in Indian conditions,last time as i said earlier it was England so the circle is coming full.

After 28 years long wait..England won the series in India...congrats Del Boy and English supporters for the fabulous win more so for fabulous play....we have lost the series before at home to Aussies in 2005 and SA way back in 1999 but they should not be compared with this win by England.Both those wins were more so on lively wicket unlike Indian pitches but this was a checkmate.

Zhaldev, we should congratulate ourselves on being around to see great test cricket - that is cricket at its best. India are considered a great side and to beat them on their home turf is an honour.

Also, it is true to say that if the same two teams met next week, India could just as well give England a thrashing ; results these days hang on a thread!

That is what makes it such a great game.:smile:

It is true,Cricket is a game of great uncertainty.like you said the result would have been different on any other day,but i am happy that good cricket by England was winner here.They were pretty messed up team before coming here with all the KP saga behind them but the captain led them from the front and his assertive nature made the difference. It was Jimmy Anderson whose bowling was very crucial for the team, on such pitches 9 times,no more than 9 times has he got the Master. Now Team India looks like team Messed up.Its all in attitude here.After the whitewashes and the retirement of the greats they should have got better alerted but the captain cool was more cooler than he was supposed to be.
Well that was yesterday....in next few days Pakistan is coming,after that Australia and then tour to SA.If i were to select the team I would change the captain in Test, dropping Dhoni and yuvraj and bring in Dinesh Karthik and Badrinath.That guy Badrinath averages 60 in domestic cricket after 70 odd matches and he got only 1 chance and that too against Dale Styen. This shows how much BCCI looks at domestic performances,sure Yuvraj got talent but he never made it counted in tests.Lets hope for the best and pray India get it out of this slump soon.

Very good comments Zhaldev. Thank you for the compliments for England's team efforts.

Here, India is renowned for the deep depth of knowledge of its supporters. Tendulkar has long been a great favourites here.

Did you ever hear of the great batsman Prince Ranji?

Of course, not only me but i think all of India knows that name more so because of India's domestic league(first class cricket) equivalent to county championship in England and Sheffield shield in Australia is called Ranji Trophy named after him.There is another trophy called Duleep Trophy named after Duleep singh nephew of Ranji.

There we go Zhaldev! India come back with a comprehensive 20/20 victory over England today.

Prince Ranji was a great player, before my time, but greatly admired. A classy batsman, lithe and graceful. He used a very light bat, which gave him time to hook well; in the forties, when I started to play at school, I got myself a very light bat for the same reason; now, of course the favoured bats are heavy clubs, and in fact I was never able to get one light enough for me. That particular was a pre WW11 bat, and I later lost it out of an underground train window; showing off to some girls on the way to the ground and I accidentally smashed the train window. They stopped the train at the next station, removed the damaged carriage and Me, and sent it on its way - I was under arrest!

I never saw my bat again, so everytime I was due to go in to bat I was never able find a suitable one, a light adult bat - all the bats I played with were too heavy; I played in New Zealand and Egypt, but was never comfortable with the bats.:)

Whoa....So the rules are same in our time also...never showoff before girls it will get you in trouble.We have a saying here in India..A man should never go after 3 things in life..first Train...2nd Bus...and 3rd girl coz one goes another comes,and i guess you learned it hard way:sorry:
In India nobody cares if you damage public property,people will not care to report unless it is of serious nature.
I have 3 bats,two for season ball,Kashmir willow(SG Scorer) and English willow(BAS Vampire) and the other one for neighborhood.
The SG scorer is heavy but vampire is the class apart,just a touch from vampire and the ball rolls to the boundary in no time.
Even Sachin is said to use BAS vampire.I was very lucky to play with his bat.He uses a very heavy one especially at the bottom,but mine is heavier than what he uses.

Last edited:
T20 win cannot be compared with Test win.Test match is the test of character. T20 is just not cricket.It is just a game between bat and ball.However i think it is a marketable product for the expansion of cricket to new places.

GOD retires from One Day Cricket

:shock::cry:Saddest day for me and all cricket lovers in India and world.The man who changed batting approach retires from ODI's."GOD" Retires from ODI's. Who said mayan predictions were wrong,doomsday for cricket, at least for me and die hard Sachin fans. There will be no more enthusiasm to watch one day cricket.Never thought this day would come, I was just returning normal after Dravid retirement but this is shock.Don't know how to react...speechless.He is the reason i came to cricket.He is the one who made me fall in love with this game.Such sportsman will never come.He's is the "GREATEST SPORTSMAN EVER" his records are unrivaled even in any other sports,its not to belittle other sports or great players but such characteristics are not seen in any one particular person.I am Lucky to have been born in Sachin Era.:pray:

Tony Grieg no more....RIP.It came as shock to me,i was just surfing when i saw this news,really really sad news.The commentary was more special when he was behind the mike.Who can forget his description of warnie's hatrick or Sachin's back to back hundred or little Kalu when sri lanka won the wc in 1996.No one could generate so much enthusiasm in cricket than him.Cricket was more than a game when he was commenting.

Back