Is Anyone Cricket Fan?

Anybody watching IPL? this year's ipl is probably the best so far...many last ball finishes and no predictable winner till the last leg got underway...I hope to see Mumbai Indians winning,they clinched win from jaws of defeat in many matches and are better prepared than most in dealing with crunch situation.....

Hi guys last month couple of months were special from cricket pov as it took its nascent steps in USA.A twenty-20 match was played between West Indies and New Zealand at lauderhill, Florida which the windies won.However its interesting to know that its not the first international to be played on US soil.The first match was played back in 1800's.There is also an instance where George Washington participated in the match with his troops at "valley forge" during revolution.In 1844, US played against Canada in front of crowd which was 20000,wagers of around $120000 were placed on the outcome of the match.

With the history behind them will US take to cricket?

There are over two huindred cricket clubs in New York alone.

Oh!!:cheers: but i think its mostly made up off people from test playing countries.
anyway its really comforting to know that my fav game is getting recognition in US.Hope they field a competitive side in near future.

India are U-19 WC champs...India defeated Australia in world cup final at Townsvillie,Australia by 6 wickets.The India captain Unmukt Chand scored the match winning hundred.

Also it was the new look middle order at Hyderabad.No Rahul Dravid at no.3 and VVS at 5,for the past 15 yrs we are used to them. India winning against the kiwis by huge margin,it was again the magic of spin,Ashwin and ojha did the light work of taking wickets.
However it was comforting to see Pujara scoring the maiden test hundred at no 3.
he's the guy who can do wonders like the great wall did.we need another one to fill the shoes of VVS.

Its T20 World Cup........eye opener for India against the minnows Afghans...India won but certainly not the good win.

England are very weak without Kevin Peterson...with all his dram he is also a match winner....they should keep aside their ego and play for the game....however England are very weak against spin.

Yes the big games have started....sorry Del Boy but England lose again....some erratic shots up the order did it for England against windies ...

today a big game for India against Aussies...see what that cummins guy can do after his rant in the press....

Revenge series under way from today India in good position 320 odd for 4.Pujara on 98 no n yuvraj 20 odd,hope they carry on....Swann bowled beautifully picking all 4 wickets bowling sehwag,kohli n gambhir,slightly dissappointed by English strategy seems they were bowling from only one end,they should have picked monty ahead of patel.This is the Indian pitch i think will wear n tear to form what is called a 'rank' turner.Hope to see poms getting the same treatment we got in our last tour in England.

zhaldev, I agree with your take on England's performances recently - full of eastern promise and then....

Looks like we have some good test match cricket taking place right now!
Can England produce a great last day against your fine India side. I will enjoy it whatever the result, but I guess that the clever money is on your boys! Good luck.

Your description of the wicket reminded me of the days when we were not allowed to cover them.
Were you ever familiar with the description 'sticky wicket'?

Last edited:
Hello ...Hope you are doing great.Yes sir i am aware of the term.However it is used a little these days as the pitches are covered and the conditions are not allowed to effect the pitch.No more unpredictable bounce for batsman.
For the match India won...not surprised at all but a very very good batting by Cook and Prior.Cook's the man to watch for in the future or i would say "The Legend" for English cricket n world.He is 27 yrs and already has 21 centuries to his name.That is a very good record.

Hello ...Hope you are doing great.Yes sir i am aware of the term.However it is used a little these days as the pitches are covered and the conditions are not allowed to effect the pitch.No more unpredictable bounce for batsman.
For the match India won...not surprised at all but a very very good batting by Cook and Prior.Cook's the man to watch for in the future or i would say "The Legend" for English cricket n world.He is 27 yrs and already has 21 centuries to his name.That is a very good record.

But India beat us well. Now the 2nd test shows how right you were to advise us to bring back Monty. Waiting to see if we can follow through and not self-explode! Enjoy.

But India beat us well. Now the 2nd test shows how right you were to advise us to bring back Monty. Waiting to see if we can follow through and not self-explode! Enjoy.

And the move just made the trick.....Congrats Del Boy England won...and won really well...more than Petersen knock i think Cook's knock made the difference.He opened and stood there like a wall and helped Petersen to play freely.Will not talk on spin bowlers as they were supposed to perform on these pitches. I think Dhoni now will ask the curator to make pitches with low bounce and Grand Canyon in between...Dhoni has completely lost the plot here.There is nothing wrong in the pitches its in the attitude of Indian players.They want everything coming to their bats.Hope they take cue from Rahul Dravid.And it is high time Master start performing or time is bolt for him.Congrats again...very good cricket from England.

Next in kolkata(Eden Gardens) and the 4th test in Nagpur my home town,will look forward to see it live from stadium like always.

We, Bangladesh, just delivered a huge defeat to WI in the first ODI in Khulna, Bangladesh. The present WI team is strong. They beat us in both the Tests that preceded.

Enjoy the cricket guys. We are fortunate to see the kind of cricket we now have.

I reckon that is since Australia led the way into attacking cricket which has certainly transformed our game.

Enjoy.

Thank you Zhaldev for your congratulations; it is always a fine achievement to beat India, especially in India.

And congrats to rocky 71.

Last edited:
Congrats Rocky..Bangladesh won the 2nd game too...
SA beat Aussies by 300 odd runs to clinch the series now that is a very big achievement...
And another Legend retires "Ricky Ponting" no more Pulls on front foot .....2012 year of retirements...

1.Bangladesh won the final ODI against the Windies yesterday thus winning the series. 1.That's not bad considering the fact that WI are the reigning ODI champions of the world. We played without two top aces - Shakib and Mashraffe, both out on injuries. Also new star Abul Hassan was out due injury.

2. Tomorrow we play WI in a single T20 match - again minus three top players. But our young team has matured. We have developed reserves to dig into.

1.Bangladesh won the final ODI against the Windies yesterday thus winning the series. 1.That's not bad considering the fact that WI are the reigning ODI champions of the world. We played without two top aces - Shakib and Mashraffe, both out on injuries. Also new star Abul Hassan was out due injury.

2. Tomorrow we play WI in a single T20 match - again minus three top players. But our young team has matured. We have developed reserves to dig into.

Congrats there.....to correct you windies are T20 champs....but still Bangla boys beat them.I think its another major tournament after NZ series 2-3 yrs back when they won.

We are "Cooked" again.That man really likes to cook Indian food....England won the third test and that to convincingly....are we playing in India or what ?where are my spinners ....Next in Nagpur...India and Sachin you need to perform or your way to hotel will be very eventful.

Back