Is Anyone Cricket Fan?

A sad day for cricket 'THE GREAT WALL OF INDIA" RAHUL DRAVID RETIRES.........feeling a little sad today as he retires......i have come close quit watching cricket....

Hi Zhaldev

Well - The Little Master has finally done it - 100 centuries in international cricket. The cricket world is applauding one of the greatest batsman ever seen.

As for Dravid , he will be sadly missed, but not by his opponents on match days.

Take a bow, both men!

Last edited:
Hi.... How R u.... Yeah he did it but would have been better if it had come against Aussies nevertheless it came so he can continue with less burden.
And also good news for cricket Bangla boys reached the finals of Asia cup we need minnows to take big strides forward it will ensure cricket moving forward.

Oh no! England are at it again Zhaldev - in Sri Lanka! Will they dig themselves out today?

Sorry but England lost the first test by 75 runs,Trott ton in vain...they are on the same boat as India while touring away....Hope they bounce back in next....this is first home win for SL since july'10 after retirement of Murali.

Last edited:
Extermly bad start in South Africa for the Indian team.

What are u referring to? I guess tomorrow's 20-20..can't say anything in 20-20 match.

Yes, result of multiple dropped catches, at least 2 off Sri Lanka's matchwinner.:crybaby:

Even so, have to say it sounds like a good match and in fact it could have turned up a really exciting last innings. Well done Sri Lanka, I hope England can pull their socks up and show us what they've got. Best of luck to India.

EDNA 236.

South Africa can be very scary when they strike form.

Last edited:
another round of IPL....i missed the opening ceremony for a round of J&B scotch....a good bargain i think

Last edited:
I don't think any one has come close to that great Australian Batsman Sir Donald Bradman who average 99.8% runs per test match

Congrats England for their win in SL..Finally England win in Asia and held their no 1 status.Fantastic performance by Kevin Peitersen and superb bowling by Swann.

also fantastic piece of captainship by Ganguly against Mumbai while defending a low total of 129.

I don't think any one has come close to that great Australian Batsman Sir Donald Bradman who average 99.8% runs per test match

Yes very true.Its really sad that his batting couldn't be filmed as the technology at that time was still infant.

Talking of Cricket I wonder if we will ever see the likes of Dennis Compton, a fine batsman a good captain and played a many fine innings for England, yet during the winter he would play football for Arsenal and even England, will we ever se the like again.

Even if they allowed the way the game is played nowadays makes it impossible to take another sports.Cricket has evolved during its time,it is not a gentlemen's game anymore and tours n matches have increased ten times since the era of Compton.

Bye the way there is a kiwi who i remember played cricket and rugby not long back.

Last edited:
Botham played both cricket and football, he played football in one of the lower divisions but not at the level that Compton did

Here are some of the players who has a good educational background:

Just Retired Rahul Dravid:-B.Com
Javagal Srinath:- Engineer from a reputed college
Anil Kumble :-Engineer from a reputed college
Geoff Lawson: optometrist
Kumar Sangakkara: Lawyer
Stephan Fleming: MA
Misbah ul Haq: MBA
Ravichandran Ashwin: MTech IT from a reputed college in Chennai

At one time the Irish Rugby team was full of doctors and lawyers as all there members came from university teams.

Talking of Cricket I wonder if we will ever see the likes of Dennis Compton, a fine batsman a good captain and played a many fine innings for England, yet during the winter he would play football for Arsenal and even England, will we ever se the like again.

And he was a fine rugby performer when asked to take part.(war time).

Also, his brother Leslie was a regular centre-half for Arsenal; a big man, good player; I believe he was capped on occasion by England at football and cricket. He was a wicket-keeper .

Back