Is Anyone Cricket Fan?

One thing for sure this time no aussie in finals.
By the way Canada gave a scare to England losing by just 16 runs..
doesn't look good for England...

Warm-up Match: India v New Zealand at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai - February 16, 2011
NZ 243/10 in 43.1 ov
N McCullum 29(18)
India won by 117 runs

----------------------------

Warm-up Match: Canada v England at Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah - February 16, 2011
Can 227/10 in 46.1 ov
B Rao 6(13)
England won by 16 runs

---------------

Warm-up Match: Australia v South Africa at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru - February 15, 2011
SA 218/1 in 44.2 ov
AB De Villiers* 16(27) J Duminy 47(62)
South Africa won by 9 wkts

One thing for sure this time no aussie in finals.
By the way Canada gave a scare to England losing by just 16 runs..
doesn't look good for England....

We have been carefully lulling you all into a false dense of security. Just watch our smoke!:pirate2:

Fantastic start for India in WC....Thrash Bangladesh by 87 runs....Shewag 175,Kohli 100 no.
India 370 for 4 in 50 overs
B'Desh 283 for 9 in 50 overs.
Now that what i call a start....Watch out....Pomms & Saffers..

Hooo !!!!What a match....Congrats DelBoy England pull this one...what a cracker....World Cup has really arrived now.....India 338 England 338.......... Match Tied..........
Sachin 120...Tim Bresnan 5 wkts / Strauss 158 Zaheer Khan 3 wkts...
I am definitely going for India Vs South Africa.....don't wanna miss another cracker in my town...

OMG Ireland Beat England.. It must be a dream .. :( .. Ireland chases a impossible score .. One of the best Matches i have ever seen in WC , Highest ever run chase , Fastest Ever 100 in a World cup it was amazing ...

O'Brien smashes fastest WC ton to beat England

Score Card

7613700.cms

The Winning Moments

7613672.cms

He looks as if he has Won the World Cup

Last edited:
What a match......India Beware....at 106 odd runs with 5 wkts goin down i thought it was another routine minnows bashing forgetting they have knocked out Pakistan in 2007,but this time it was different....328 to win is not easy...truly awesome....

Last edited:
Must say it was an amazing turnaround. But I'm sure India will thrash 'em well still. hey might've pulled off a stunner once but they sure as hell ain't gonna do it again.

Sorry guys, I'm late - computor has been down a lot.

What a great World Cup - I reckon the best ODI cricket I've seen - another great performance today , this one from NZ - brilliant innings from Taylor.

India - England tie! Ireland beat England! England take down South Africa against the odds. It goes on and on. And now India and Sri Lanka wiil explode again in their games. India will take some beating, for sure.

Brilliant. So good for cricket.

Its been hell of a WC till now barring some games....potential to become best WC....but tickets sale management sucks here.....tickets are just are not available here...people queued up for hours to grab one were send back thus making things charged up a bit at ticket counters...police were called to normal things & were compel to use force at public, again rates are doubled for the IND vs SA match....still 2 days to go..hope things will be sorted out...

Sounds like you are at the sharp end regarding ticket sales. Good Luck with that.

What a shame that England has now lost Stuart Broad as well as Peterson. Injuries ar plagueing Broad, rated as a potential England captain; his father used to open the innings for Engand.

Yes thats really a shame to lose him at this stage after Pieterson.yeah regarding tickets,well i got bit lucky my cousin got two VIP passes....so now i'll be going but the fact is that they are selling tickets at awkwardly high prices Rs 300/- being sold at Rs 2500-3000 range.Thats loot by ICC...

Another stunner in Group B Bangladesh Beat England by 2 wickets with 6 balls to spare....England facing make or break situation Vs WI.I don't think England can take another cliffhanger...Well all set to watch IND VS SA in stadium...its going to be full house here...

Last edited:
I don't fancy England's chances now. They look like a team completely cricketed out now- long tour of Australia - great Ashes win, then staying for 20/20s then 7 One Days, losing 6 then home for 4 days (!) and then to India for World Cup - ridiculous calendar - away from home and families for so many months - someone's head should roll. Injury upon injury. Not an excuse, the cricket is great at the World Cup, but nevertheless I have to say that our lads look washed out and no longer up for it, now waiting until Thursday to play West Indies, and if they win the tour gets even longer. Sad really.

Hope I have it wrong, hope England make me eat my hat!:smile:

Great World Cup there - Enjoy!

Last edited:
Well again its England,What a escape....but still not sure whether they will make knock out stage...India may find comfort in their net run rate being better than England,even if they lose against windies,they still have a chance to make it to knock out stage....

Yeah, right. They still had enough to go for one more knock-'em-down, drag 'em out escapade. 243 was never enough, but won't lie down it seems. India should be comfortable about the whole competition, it has been great I reckon. They have to still be favourites. And the Indian crowds have been terrific; they really love cricket. I was admiring their attitude to the England - Windies match, they applaud everything good, either side; great.:)

EDIT 19 March - England are through. Brilliant - thank you South Africa!

Last edited:
Back