Anyone believing REINCARNATION aberration?

kemaldohak

I believe people are in search of believing something that's why this kind of unrealistic beliefs like reincarnation occur.

QUOTE:

Some people believe they will find the happiness and peace of mind they are looking for in religions such as Hinduism or Buddhism. Many people have been influenced by these eastern religions because of their aura of mystery and mysticism, and because they make use of techniques such as meditation, and because of the unusual attitudes, dress, manner of speech and religious practices of those who follow them.

However, although religions like Hinduism and Buddhism- among the oldest we know of-give some good ethical advice, not everything they contain is true.

………………. CONTINUES

http://www.harunyahya.com/karma01.php

Personally, I'm a Frisbeeterian. I believe that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

Religion -- like politics -- is an intensely personal and subjective thing. There are differences of opinion within even the smallest sect. Even in strict, authoritarian theocratic groups, there's guaranteed to be a few dissidents, even if they are not quite vocal.

I believe people are in search of believing something that's why this kind of unrealistic beliefs like reincarnation occur.

Define "unrealistic". Much of religion deals with the unknowable and the unprovable, which puts it outside the realm of empirical proof.

The belief in reincarnation is no more or less (un)reasonable than any belief in an afterlife, any more than the idea of a supreme being is more or less reasonable than the universe "just happened".

You cannot prove or disprove God, reincarnation, transmigration of the soul, or the existence of leprechauns. They exist (for want of a better word) outside our proofs. And absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I'm more concerned with the effects of this belief -- applied religion, as opposed to "pure" religion. If your belief system is that you are reincarnated from a long line of previous earthlings, so what? And if your belief in karma or a possible nasty turn in the afterlife edges you towards a path of human kindness, great. But if your belief in a smiting God or a particular book or the voices in your head means that you burn women alive or blow up schools full of children or herd people into gas chambers -- dude, that I have a major beef with. :x

Back