Anybody here want to see Paranormal Activity?

jillyz12

Yeah, I'm one of the ninnies that went online and demanded it be shown in my city. Then I'll go to the theater and scream and jump all the way through it....probably losing sleep for a few nights....but I'm dying to see it! I'm so in the mood to be scared around halloween. :mrgreen:

No....otherwise, I'm going to lose one of my arms by my girlfriend. She nearly tore off my hand from the last movie, "Orphan."

:)

No....otherwise, I'm going to lose one of my arms by my girlfriend. She nearly tore off my hand from the last movie, "Orphan."

:)

Ouch! lol Well, you could always go without your girlfriend....or is that out of the question?

Jilly it must be freaking nice to get scared, after what I saw and learned about in the military, Satan himself couldn't scare me. Hells gates open in front of me I'll sit there and eat cookies

Jilly it must be freaking nice to get scared, after what I saw and learned about in the military, Satan himself couldn't scare me. Hells gates open in front of me I'll sit there and eat cookies

I can only imagine the horrors you've seen, Wolf. :( I wish I could erase those memories for all of you.

The only reason that being scared is fun to me is because it's not real...at least I'm not convinced the paranormal is real. But war.......that's far too much reality for me to deal with. That's just one of many reasons why I'm in awe of all military personnel. You do what has to be done, no matter what you have to face.

Give me monsters and evil spirits over terrorists anyday. :hide:

Man... I've heard that this is going to be the next Blair Witch Project. :D

Only without the obnoxious, loudmouthed girl! :mrgreen: Did you think Blair Witch was scary, Rob?

Man... I've heard that this is going to be the next Blair Witch Project. :D
That would be unfortunate as the only thing I found scary about that movie was the price to watch it.:lol:
Seriously though, I think I'll give it a miss as the last thing I want playing in the back of my mind is a horror movie when I'm walking through a darkened museum on night shift.

I'll pass for now. The only horror movies that have a chance at scaring me are the ones that really get into your head with the psychological fear but also aren't afraid to show you lots of nasty gore. It's the characters' sense of hopelessness rather than the explicit violence that gets me in this genre. Saw and House of 1,000 Corpses are good examples of what I'm talking about.

For this Halloween though, just got Rob Zombie's Halloween, that was awesome, better than the original even. Now I'm working on the Hannibal Lector series, started with the prequel Hannibal Rising, then Manhunter, next up is Silence of the Lambs. He's gotta be one of my favorite movie villains now. :D

If anyone sees Paranormal Activity post a review. It may well creep me out, I had an experience like that as a little kid and the commercial looked pretty similar. And the Blair Witch Project was worth watching once, it's a bit creepy if you can stop reminding yourself it's just a bunch of kids running around the woods with a shaky cam.

I'll pass for now. The only horror movies that have a chance at scaring me are the ones that really get into your head with the psychological fear but also aren't afraid to show you lots of nasty gore. It's the characters' sense of hopelessness rather than the explicit violence that gets me in this genre. Saw and House of 1,000 Corpses are good examples of what I'm talking about.

For this Halloween though, just got Rob Zombie's Halloween, that was awesome, better than the original even. Now I'm working on the Hannibal Lector series, started with the prequel Hannibal Rising, then Manhunter, next up is Silence of the Lambs. He's gotta be one of my favorite movie villains now. :D

If anyone sees Paranormal Activity post a review. It may well creep me out, I had an experience like that as a little kid and the commercial looked pretty similar. And the Blair Witch Project was worth watching once, it's a bit creepy if you can stop reminding yourself it's just a bunch of kids running around the woods with a shaky cam.

Hey, Major! I know exactly the kind of movies you're talking about. Were you a big fan of Tales From The Crypt when it was on HBO, like me? lol

I've only seen Manhunter and Silence of the Lambs....Hannibal scares the bejeebers out of me! He's the only scary character that makes me feel like he could actually reach out from the screen and grab me. Anthony Hopkins is brilliant, don't you think?

I am planning to see Paranormal Activity, just not for a few days after it's released.....can't stand crowded movie theaters. I'll be sure to give a report, if someone else hasn't already done so before then. :wink:

That would be unfortunate as the only thing I found scary about that movie was the price to watch it.:lol:
Seriously though, I think I'll give it a miss as the last thing I want playing in the back of my mind is a horror movie when I'm walking through a darkened museum on night shift.
I heard that! I'll allow the pass. ;) Haha.

Back