Anybody here going to see th movie Jar Head?

"I love, this, job. I thank God for everyday that he gives me in the corps......oorah."

Haha, that's my favorite quote from the movie so far. :)

catt_2005 said:
i have never heard of that movie wot is it about?

It is basically about a guy who wants to be a Marine sniper and, well, I don't know that much...that's just the basic storyline I guess. Then it just goes on about his Marine life. Go to www.jarheadmovie.com to see the trailer and the storyline to it. It looks pretty good.

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:
"I love, this, job. I thank God for everyday that he gives me in the corps......oorah."

Yeah same here.

thats really interesting but i still would rather like to go and see a chick flick, but i think the marines are pretty neat, and most of them are HOT

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:

it was funny, I saw that preview in a cinema, and once that line cam on I just burst out laughing, such a wicked line. Whole theater was looking at me though:p

urban_angel_13 said:
thats really interesting but i still would rather like to go and see a chick flick, but i think the marines are pretty neat, and most of them are HOT

Well, ua13, there are female Marines too. Didn't you see GI Jane which is about a female SEAL? :?

Missileer said:
Didn't you see GI Jane which is about a female SEAL? :?

*groan*

If the movie is anything like the book, I will be sorely disappointed. Hollywood always seems to want to take the least truthful and most exaggerated accounts of military life and make them into movies, for some odd reason.

RnderSafe said:
Missileer said:
Didn't you see GI Jane which is about a female SEAL? :?

*groan*

If the movie is anything like the book, I will be sorely disappointed. Hollywood always seems to want to take the least truthful and most exaggerated accounts of military life and make them into movies, for some odd reason.

I haven't read the book but did sit through the movie. Please don't put yourself through the agony. Of all the junk put out by hollywood, this has to rate in the top three.

^^ Agreed ^^

I really want to go see Jarhead this weekend, but I've got no dinero. When I first heard about it about a month or 2 ago, I was scared it was going to end up being one of those anti-war "and this is why you shouldn't join the military" movies or something of that sort.

Once I hear back about it...I'll have to check it out. I don't want to have to shell out some cash for a GI Jane.

I won't go see it. Just like I won't buy the book. I've read a borrowed copy but I won't buy it. ;)

The last thing I want to do is add any money to the esteemed Mister Swoffords coffers.

rotc boy said:
my MCJROTC unit is planning a trip to go watch it :lol:

Lucky SOB...I hafta see it myself, unless I want to pay for my entire AFJROTC unit....which I will do when hell freezes over and then refreezes... But Im still going to see it. I looks like an awesome movie.

Back