anybody have a stg44 for sale - Page 8

--

November 25th, 2018  
henryb

still waiting for my son to get off from work and the both of us to get to the range, its been hard to not go without him, but its still fun just to take them out of the safe and handle them.the little boy is still in me.i guess i will never grow up.
November 27th, 2018  
MontyB

It is always good to have "traditions" but I think by now I would be out of ammo.
3 Weeks Ago  
henryb

well this past sunday we made it to the range. i liked the fg42 ,hardly any recoil felt. but the trigger pull was terrible . not very smooth at all. after cleaning i tired applying gun grease around the trigger .seems to work a little better.will know better when i shoot it again. also need to use blue loc tite on the scope band screws. after about 40 rounds they loosened up
--
2 Weeks Ago  
henryb

i have a question,I made a dummy 8mm round so i could dry fire the fg42. in making the dummy round i pulled the bullet and dumped the powder,i heated the primer from a safe distance away from me with a small flame this fired the primer but caused it to pop out of the brass. i reseated the bullet
and glued the bullet in place with epoxy .c
Can i dry fire without a primer in place of could this still damage the gun? I had nothing better to do last night with my time, it is a Berdan primed case by the way
2 Weeks Ago  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
i have a question,I made a dummy 8mm round so i could dry fire the fg42. in making the dummy round i pulled the bullet and dumped the powder,i heated the primer from a safe distance away from me with a small flame this fired the primer but caused it to pop out of the brass. i reseated the bullet
and glued the bullet in place with epoxy .c
Can i dry fire without a primer in place of could this still damage the gun? I had nothing better to do last night with my time, it is a Berdan primed case by the way

I would be fairly wary of trying it without knowing how robust the firing mechanism is, I cant see what damage it could cause in a small number of attempts but given how cheap the 7.92x57 dummy rounds are ($20 for 5) I am not sure I would take the risk.