anybody have a stg44 for sale

They have an iconic shape much like the tiger tank, it isn't hard to see why they are sought after.

reloaded some more 7.92x33 tried out my annealing machine that i bought several years ago,and was always reluctant to use. I ran about 150 thru the anneal-er and they turned out great,The bullets seated tightly again in the case mouth. One more lesson learned .Cases need annealing after being fired and loaded several times.

Hehe I am too scared to reload my own chances are I would screw something up and damage something irreplaceable.

Very nice, we are coming to gripes with the new laws before I look at anything else although still working on an MG-34 to go with the 42, what I would like to find is an M1918 BAR.

There are rumours of a new category of license coming called Prohibited "P" Category which is an extension of the Collectors "C" Category and allows most of the current list of banned weapons to be kept.

ive been selling my mp44 mag springs i had 100 made they seem to work quite well. hbucki@hotmail.com old mag springs where worn out. had them for a couple years,anyway ,if this is not a good post feel free to remove

Given the rarity of the weapon knowing where spare parts can be obtained seems like a good thing to me.

There are rumours of a new category of license coming called Prohibited "P" Category which is an extension of the Collectors "C" Category and allows most of the current list of banned weapons to be kept.

I finally have most of the information regarding my collection, essentially the new laws won't have any effect however I will have to apply for an exemption.

The relevant section is:
"A person to whom the item has special significance as an heirloom, dealers, collectors, museum curators, theatrical members/broadcasters, and people involved in wild animal and pest control can apply online for such an exemption."

Given that my collection is registered already (it does not need to be) and I have three police arms officers and two military museum curators prepared to be referenced and provide statements on the historical rarity of the items I imagine getting the exemption won't be too much of an issue.

I admit I have gone off the law changes quite a bit in recent weeks primarily because they wont serve any purpose and somewhat amusingly (in a dark kind of way) will end up missing the weapons of choice in every multiple killing in the countries history as in every case they were carried out by people weilding a .22 calibre rifle, double barrel shotgun, or axe all of which are still perfectly legal and for myself and the other collectors around the country it is just another hoop to jump through to stay right where we are.

WELL iam glad for you. it seem only the law abiding gun owners end up suffering the bad guys dont care because they will do what they want. My son the cop send me a pic of a fellow in the hospital er .He was demonstrating a bang stick he was trying to sell. He popped it against the palm of his hand .He never unloaded it from his last ocean dive.What a mess it created .

WELL iam glad for you. it seem only the law abiding gun owners end up suffering the bad guys dont care because they will do what they want. My son the cop send me a pic of a fellow in the hospital er .He was demonstrating a bang stick he was trying to sell. He popped it against the palm of his hand .He never unloaded it from his last ocean dive.What a mess it created .

Personally I would like to have seen us go back to the old system where both the firearm and owner were registered and banned no weapons.

The problem I am developing is a growing suspicion that the failure here was the police.
The shooter applied for a license online and was given it without the police doing proper (any) background checks as such a foreign citizen purchased firearms legally because no one checked his referee's or background and gave him a license.

As it goes though all laws only affect the law abiding it doesn't mean we shouldn't have them, if we extrapolated that point of view there would be no point to any laws as good guys are no problem and bad guys don't follow them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dozens-zealand-gun-owners-turn-040830797.html who is he pointing the ar15 at. OH it wasn't loaded . remember the BANG STICK I reported on earlier .

I think that photo was taken during a demonstration in parliament so have it gone off 90% of the country would have applauded.

It was all part of some carefully scripted "guns are dangerous" BS the police have been pushing and it has been lapped up by the touchy-feely treehugger side of government what it overlooks is the fact that 51 New Zealanders are dead because the police failed to carry out any of the mandatory checks and gave an Australian lunatic a gun license.

The moral of the story is that you can not stop nutters getting guns but you can make it as hard for them as possible and ensure that those getting licenses are the right people to own firearms.

I would like to see our licensing laws tightened up and the process taken out of police hands as when you couple this incident with the subsequent theft of firearms from a police station it is clear they are just too incompetent to do anything well.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cr...-be-stolen-from-police-station-found-in-audit

Heaven helps us if they arm these clowns.

Last edited:
well here we go again. we need to have a fast response and execute .dont wait years to carry out.

Last edited:
well here we go again. we need to have a fast response and execute .dont wait years to carry out.

It will be interesting to see what if anything you guys do about these mass shootings.
I personally can't see a solution for you as I think it is just far too late to fix things.

As far as execution goes I agree and as NZ doesn't have a death penalty I think we should send him for trial in countries of the foreign nationals he killed who I am sure do have the death penalty.

It will be interesting to see what if anything you guys do about these mass shootings.
I personally can't see a solution for you as I think it is just far too late to fix things.

As far as execution goes I agree and as NZ doesn't have a death penalty I think we should send him for trial in countries of the foreign nationals he killed who I am sure do have the death penalty.

Monty, you are a bad boy. You can't questioning the 2nd Amendment. You can blame the computer games, the failure of the health care (I include the mental care), but you can't blame the access to fire arms.

The mass shooting in the US has one effect on me. I begin to look at new firearms. The Barrett Firearms have a "new" semi-automatic rife, the REC-10.

https://barrett.net/firearms/rec10

I have always liked the FG-42 but I have never seen one . I have seen the Stg 44 at a museum. Germans used an interesting caliber, is it used today for hunting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NstrbkCg_ks

Not sure what was interesting about the caliber it was simply a compromise between weight and power that allowed troops to carry more ammunition.
It was determined prior to the war using ww1 data that most infantry engagements took place at less than 300 yards so the standard 7.62x57 round was an overkill.

Not sure what was interesting about the caliber it was simply a compromise between weight and power that allowed troops to carry more ammunition.
It was determined prior to the war using ww1 data that most infantry engagements took place at less than 300 yards so the standard 7.62x57 round was an overkill.

But they used 7,92x57 as a standard caliber and it seems to be a good caliber for hunting. The Stg 44 was chambered for a shorter 7,92 cartridge

Yeah that was my bad I got it wrong but the argument remains the same.

I should have called the caliber rare than calling it interesting. It seems to be a rare caliber today.

You know a lot about firearms, do you know anything about something called creedmore or something like that? It seems to be something the US military is looking at to replace the 5,56. The US military seems to test new calibers from time to time and yet the 5,56 remains in service. To change to something else is expensive and it will probably force NATO to change it 5,56 standard as well.

I should have called the caliber rare than calling it interesting. It seems to be a rare caliber today.

You know a lot about firearms, do you know anything about something called creedmore or something like that? It seems to be something the US military is looking at to replace the 5,56. The US military seems to test new calibers from time to time and yet the 5,56 remains in service. To change to something else is expensive and it will probably force NATO to change it 5,56 standard as well.

I know the US is looking at a 6.5mm to replace the 5.56mm round.
As far as the cost of replacement ammunition goes I am not sure it will be that expensive as Remington made a 6.8mm cartridge for US special forces back in 2002-2003 so much of the work is already done.

Whether it will ever go ahead though is another issue but as I understand it the USMC are also interested and by all accounts it is called the 6.5mm Creedmoor.

Last edited:
Back