anybody have a stg44 for sale

God Damn, Monty. You seem to have an impressive collection. Are you collecting all kinds of weapons?

My only interest is in WW2 weapons and most of them are on loan to museums etc.

I don't see the point to having a collection if they are not available to the general public to learn from.

was collecting may be a better word. hope not but doesnt look good

Nope collecting is the right word, to date I haven't seen anything that invalidates my collection as they all meet category C class requirements, it may change of course but at the moment it is only the category E weapons being disposed of.

Last edited:
45 gi

my son just got this from the CMP civilian marksmanship program they drew his name and then you get on a waiting list. he got it today not sure what it cost i think he said it was 1943 date

Attachments

• gi45.jpg
    gi45.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 4
my son just got this from the CMP civilian marksmanship program they drew his name and then you get on a waiting list. he got it today not sure what it cost i think he said it was 1943 date

Always wanted to join the local pistol club and use their range but they have a bit of a reputation as a bunch of a-holes so I never bothered.

Still nice looking weapon, I could never be that lucky.

http://thecmp.org/ looks like they sold out on the 1911s . ive bought an M1 from them and ammo ive never been to their range ,i think its about 150 miles from where i live.But anyway thought i would show off his LUCK.

That is the sort of thing I would like to get the boy into once he is old enough.

One thing I have been toying with is getting into black powder shooting, it looks very relaxing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivSAQ3d615M&feature=youtu.be"]KP-9 suppressed with subsonic ammo. Three rounds 158gr Fiocchi and then three 147gr American Eagle. - YouTube[/ame] this is ryans new 9mm

Last edited:
Very nice, we are coming to gripes with the new laws before I look at anything else although still working on an MG-34 to go with the 42, what I would like to find is an M1918 BAR.

Last edited:
i always wanted a mg34. but didnt have the cash when they where affordable. what are they now around $35,000 or more

i always wanted a mg34. but didnt have the cash when they where affordable. what are they now around $35,000 or more

It really depends on where you go, if you go through dealers you will pay that easily but I have had a lot of luck in purchasing through the old Soviet states (Belorus, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) as they are still digging them up and you can get them for less than 10k Euro, that being said I have seen them advertised within the last year in the USA for around $15k.
The key to buying anything in Eastern Europe is getting it authenticated by a reputable expert before it is paid for.

Last edited:
went to the range on Thursday with ryan. the mp44 performed flawlessly. hate to say but found another squib. but all worked out with no issues .

Last edited:
Sounds awesome at the moment all my heavier items are locked away on the advice of the local police arms officer.

However on Friday I took the boy to the local black powder club and we took part in a mortar competition he literally had a blast firing sand filled baked bean tins at a target.

any neat pics of the mortar firing.that sounds like fun

Sadly no, I never really thought about taking any at the time but it was a lot of fun they attach long different coloured ribbons to the tin so they can identify them.

All of the ones in the club were home made from stainless steel so it is tempting to give it a go, mostly it was just an attempt to rekindle the boys interest which has taken a bit of a hammering after the Christchurch shootings.

Anyway next time I will take the camera.��

Ok funny story from years gone by. My cousin and myself got a piece of gas pipe crammed it into the dirt (mud) dropped a railroad flare into the pipe and then drop a co2 cartridge on top of the lite flare. It worked great for the first two times.third time, failure to fire. waited several min picked the pipe up holding it off to the side so if it went off it wouldn't blow my head off. Well it did go off. rail road flares have a nail in their bottom so it can be mounted to a wooden rail . It drove the flare out the side that had been in the mud into my knee . i still have that indentation in my knee to this day. That was our mortar

Ok funny story from years gone by. My cousin and myself got a piece of gas pipe crammed it into the dirt (mud) dropped a railroad flare into the pipe and then drop a co2 cartridge on top of the lite flare. It worked great for the first two times.third time, failure to fire. waited several min picked the pipe up holding it off to the side so if it went off it wouldn't blow my head off. Well it did go off. rail road flares have a nail in their bottom so it can be mounted to a wooden rail . It drove the flare out the side that had been in the mud into my knee . i still have that indentation in my knee to this day. That was our mortar

It amazes me that some of the things we did for fun growing up would get us arrested on terror related charges today and to be honest I don't want the kid to miss out on these "rights of passage".

I obviously wouldn't make it myself but I would happily buy one that these guys had made, they put a lot of time into the finishings on these things.

does anyone know what a original spare parts bag should look and feel like, i bought one several years ago from a seller in Russia ,i think it was ebay, the bag feels like rubberized black silk cloth.it came with extractor, extractor spring. firing pin.mag loader. gas port tool. some type of hemp cord to seal the bag with.

mp44 spare parts bag

here is the picture of the small parts bag. it feels like very smooth thin rubberized material. also the loader for the magazine looks straight here is a link to claus s g43 mp44 sight https://claus.espeholt.dk/mp44.htm. my bag looks like the one he says as being original ????

Attachments

• bag of parts mp44.jpg
    bag of parts mp44.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
  • parts bag2 mp44.jpg
    parts bag2 mp44.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have used that website as a Bible on these rifles so I would be inclined to agree with what it says.

Back