anybody have a stg44 for sale - Page 6




 
--
 
September 20th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
We have deal where I can buy pretty much anything as long as I get rid of one.
This works out well at the moment but once I run out sacrificial guns it will suck.
September 20th, 2018  
henryb
 
something i did when i was young , i bought a p08 for $65 also a m1 carbine for $20 sold then both . bought replacements years latter for my son over $1000 for the m1 and $2000 for the luger..most of my guns are red 9 s broomhandles
September 21st, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
something i did when i was young , i bought a p08 for $65 also a m1 carbine for $20 sold then both . bought replacements years latter for my son over $1000 for the m1 and $2000 for the luger..most of my guns are red 9 s broomhandles
I am for the most part an accidental collector, I only got my licenses because I inherited two weapons my uncle's "liberated" during WW2 (an Italian FNAB-43 and a German P-38) since then the collection grew to around 90 firearms but once the kids have started to be a bit more active around the house it has dropped back to 50-60.
--
September 26th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
Try not to let the wife know about gun buys. they dont understand. men never grow up .they grow old but not up. funny story .my wife wanted a second child .i said i didnt want any more than one. i ended up trading one more kid for a hk mp5sd thats him shooting the mp44. latter traded the hk for a mp40. true story
Hehe I knew there was a reason I should have stayed out of this thresd, your talk of HK MP5's reminded me that the one manufacturer I haven't owner was H&K so to rectify that I picked up an 223 H&K SL8-5 today.

September 26th, 2018  
henryb
 
found an old pic of my son and daughter today. it looks like 1989 Halloween he dressed as a solider holding the mp5 .hes getting married this friday. time flys when you are having fun i still have the hk 93 in semi i think i gave $500 new for the hk93
September 26th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
found an old pic of my son and daughter today. it looks like 1989 Halloween he dressed as a solider holding the mp5 .hes getting married this friday. time flys when you are having fun i still have the hk 93 in semi i think i gave $500 new for the hk93
Hehe the boy is only 8 time isn't moving fast enough.

I very nearly purchased a .45 ACP H&K USC package, the local store had one that included a Hushpower silencer, Ranger 1x20 red dot sight with an MX-3 magnifier but at $5000 it was slightly more than I wanted to spend on a whim, the only negative I can find with the SL8 is the small 7 round magazine.
September 28th, 2018  
henryb
 
monty where are you located?
September 28th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Taranaki, New Zealand.
September 28th, 2018  
henryb
 
sorry didnt notice the flag under your name. i think i understand that you can purchase full auto ,are you allowed to shoot them as well.
September 28th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
sorry didnt notice the flag under your name. i think i understand that you can purchase full auto ,are you allowed to shoot them as well.

Auto is a tricky one as it depends what licenses you have, for the most part you are not allowed fully automatic weapons.
The only exceptions to the no auto rules are historic weapons and ones used for movies etc, I only have three capable of automatic fire (STG-45, FNAB-43 and MG-42) and they are stored in a disabled manner to prevent issues but can be reassembled as they are routinely used in demonstrations, loaned to movies and museums.
 


Similar Topics
What was the Worlds first assault rifle?
Did kalashnikov stole the design from STG44???