anybody have a stg44 for sale

i live in GEORGIA you can own full auto after ATF approves your purchase,missed out on a lot of cheap mg. didnt know what was involved in being a collector. You put on the atf form COLLECTOR and thats it. I got a uzi. mp40,mp44 and the schnellfeuer and a couple suppressors plus a lot of semi autos

i live in GEORGIA you can own full auto after ATF approves your purchase,missed out on a lot of cheap mg. didnt know what was involved in being a collector. You put on the atf form COLLECTOR and thats it. I got a uzi. mp40,mp44 and the schnellfeuer and a couple suppressors plus a lot of semi autos

For us being a collector is a little more technical, for starters you get a 6 monthly inspection from a police arms officer and the licenses cost about $200 a year.
There are also storage requirements etc.

my fg42 by smg should be in my hands on Wednesday this coming week. almost a year to get hope it works great.

Look forward to reading your opinion.
I am always conflicted by these things, on one hand I like original gear and a replica is never quite the same but on the other hand I would hate to damage or destroy an original rare item like that so a replica makes sense.

iam not looking at it right now. but when i enlarged the pic i think its 0296 the mag is one i bought from sarco the ones that came with the gun looked brand new ,but they may have just refinished them.

Very nice, be interesting to see what you think of its firing characteristics as everything I read says it is a forerunner of the M-60 which I never really liked.

still waiting for my son to get off from work and the both of us to get to the range, its been hard to not go without him, but its still fun just to take them out of the safe and handle them.the little boy is still in me.i guess i will never grow up.

well this past sunday we made it to the range. i liked the fg42 ,hardly any recoil felt. but the trigger pull was terrible . not very smooth at all. after cleaning i tired applying gun grease around the trigger .seems to work a little better.will know better when i shoot it again. also need to use blue loc tite on the scope band screws. after about 40 rounds they loosened up

i have a question,I made a dummy 8mm round so i could dry fire the fg42. in making the dummy round i pulled the bullet and dumped the powder,i heated the primer from a safe distance away from me with a small flame this fired the primer but caused it to pop out of the brass. i reseated the bullet
and glued the bullet in place with epoxy .c
Can i dry fire without a primer in place of could this still damage the gun? I had nothing better to do last night with my time, it is a Berdan primed case by the way

i have a question,I made a dummy 8mm round so i could dry fire the fg42. in making the dummy round i pulled the bullet and dumped the powder,i heated the primer from a safe distance away from me with a small flame this fired the primer but caused it to pop out of the brass. i reseated the bullet
and glued the bullet in place with epoxy .c
Can i dry fire without a primer in place of could this still damage the gun? I had nothing better to do last night with my time, it is a Berdan primed case by the way

I would be fairly wary of trying it without knowing how robust the firing mechanism is, I cant see what damage it could cause in a small number of attempts but given how cheap the 7.92x57 dummy rounds are ($20 for 5) I am not sure I would take the risk.

Damn my STG has matching serial numbers and doesnt have the rebuilders company stamped on it.
Still it is a very clean looking rifle.

Had the trigger pull checked by a gun smith on the fg42 seems its 10.5 pounds of trigger pull.

Well I guess it won't go off by accident.
I generally prefer mine to be about a third of the rifles weight but I am told around half of the rifles weight is the norm which would put it at around 5-6 pound.

Last edited:
forgot to mention. i think it was in October my son and i drove 1/2 a day to Kentucky ,this is a video i found on YouTube of that weekend .We where there on Saturday [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRHHUWt2Fyk&t=394s"]2018 Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot - YouTube[/ame] we returned the same day pretty tired after all that driving

Back