anybody have a stg44 for sale

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2knknFQyTU"]ryan shooting mp44 - YouTube[/ame] well its been several years now since i got the mp44 this is my cop son shooting it at the range. you can hear full auto now and then. i bought a schnellfeuer in the mean time ,waiting on my fg42 by smg should be ready in a week or two

ryan shooting mp44 - YouTube well its been several years now since i got the mp44 this is my cop son shooting it at the range. you can hear full auto now and then. i bought a schnellfeuer in the mean time ,waiting on my fg42 by smg should be ready in a week or two

He made it look rather uncomfortable early on.
What ammunition are you using, in this part of the world it is hard to come by I had to get mine in bulk through Europe.

when i let him shoot the mp44 i had already shot it on full auto.so it was a little warm. i reload my ammo .ive bought lots of brass from buffalo arms and lots of bullets from graft and sons.i use a hornady ammo plant progressive loader.

when i let him shoot the mp44 i had already shot it on full auto.so it was a little warm. i reload my ammo .ive bought lots of brass from buffalo arms and lots of bullets from graft and sons.i use a hornady ammo plant progressive loader.

I have never really thought about reloading my own, with my luck I would screw it up and damage something.
It was also relatively cost effective to import it from the Czech Republic, I think I paid about $500 for 2500 rounds as a bulk sale although I have also purchased some through various US stores at about $0.60 a round.

about a year ago i did screw up. loaded a squib . luckily next round did not lock in place. talked to my self in the car all the way home from range .could not come up with anything else that would not let the bolt lock in battier . ran a cleaning rod down the barrel out popped the bullet .keep a closer eye on dropped powder charge from then on. after loading i also weight each round if not close i pull the bullet so far so good.

Ouch that is exactly the type of thing I want to avoid it would irratate the hell out of me.

I am much happier leaving the QA to someone else.
:)

You mentioned an FG-42 I would love to find a real one of those but next up is an MG-34.

yea the fg42 is one made by SMG i read good things about the company that makes them .They are out of texas ,its around 5k $ hope it ships at end of month almost a year in the making. CANNT AFFORD 250K FOR AN ORIGINAL.

I am a little like that with the STG, I purchased the original plus spares and then a year later I picked up a replica for use.

As far as the FG-42 goes I am hoping to do the same, I have seen a few rather battered FG's for around $60k and a number of usuable ones around $90-100k but if you want top of the line then yeah it is $250k, although in my case it would be a lot more as the associated divorce would also be expensive.

Try not to let the wife know about gun buys. they dont understand. men never grow up .they grow old but not up. funny story .my wife wanted a second child .i said i didnt want any more than one. i ended up trading one more kid for a hk mp5sd thats him shooting the mp44. latter traded the hk for a mp40. true story

We have deal where I can buy pretty much anything as long as I get rid of one.
This works out well at the moment but once I run out sacrificial guns it will suck.

something i did when i was young , i bought a p08 for $65 also a m1 carbine for $20 sold then both . bought replacements years latter for my son over $1000 for the m1 and $2000 for the luger..most of my guns are red 9 s broomhandles

something i did when i was young , i bought a p08 for $65 also a m1 carbine for $20 sold then both . bought replacements years latter for my son over $1000 for the m1 and $2000 for the luger..most of my guns are red 9 s broomhandles

I am for the most part an accidental collector, I only got my licenses because I inherited two weapons my uncle's "liberated" during WW2 (an Italian FNAB-43 and a German P-38) since then the collection grew to around 90 firearms but once the kids have started to be a bit more active around the house it has dropped back to 50-60.

Try not to let the wife know about gun buys. they dont understand. men never grow up .they grow old but not up. funny story .my wife wanted a second child .i said i didnt want any more than one. i ended up trading one more kid for a hk mp5sd thats him shooting the mp44. latter traded the hk for a mp40. true story

Hehe I knew there was a reason I should have stayed out of this thresd, your talk of HK MP5's reminded me that the one manufacturer I haven't owner was H&K so to rectify that I picked up an 223 H&K SL8-5 today.

Last edited:
found an old pic of my son and daughter today. it looks like 1989 Halloween he dressed as a solider holding the mp5 .hes getting married this friday. time flys when you are having fun i still have the hk 93 in semi i think i gave $500 new for the hk93

found an old pic of my son and daughter today. it looks like 1989 Halloween he dressed as a solider holding the mp5 .hes getting married this friday. time flys when you are having fun i still have the hk 93 in semi i think i gave $500 new for the hk93

Hehe the boy is only 8 time isn't moving fast enough.

I very nearly purchased a .45 ACP H&K USC package, the local store had one that included a Hushpower silencer, Ranger 1x20 red dot sight with an MX-3 magnifier but at $5000 it was slightly more than I wanted to spend on a whim, the only negative I can find with the SL8 is the small 7 round magazine.

sorry didnt notice the flag under your name. i think i understand that you can purchase full auto ,are you allowed to shoot them as well.

sorry didnt notice the flag under your name. i think i understand that you can purchase full auto ,are you allowed to shoot them as well.

Auto is a tricky one as it depends what licenses you have, for the most part you are not allowed fully automatic weapons.
The only exceptions to the no auto rules are historic weapons and ones used for movies etc, I only have three capable of automatic fire (STG-45, FNAB-43 and MG-42) and they are stored in a disabled manner to prevent issues but can be reassembled as they are routinely used in demonstrations, loaned to movies and museums.

Last edited:
Back