anybody have a stg44 for sale

Request for assistance

Hello all,

I am seeking advice and/or suggestions on how to dispose of an item my wife and I unearthed while cleaning out the Keller of a recently deceased family member.

Although I am not a collector, with the assistance of various websites I have identified the item by markings and have a general idea of the approximate value.

We are very concerned about applicable laws and regulations and need advice on what to do.
Any help is appreciated...
Thanks!

More than likely but how does he find out what he can do if going to authorities will most likely end up in the destruction of the weapon?

The only option I can suggest is to try contacting one of the WW2 militaria dealers around the area maybe they can put you on the right path to at least arrange a legal sale.

Last edited:
maybe destroy the receiver and sell the other parts on line, if not (sin loia),sorry about that.

have one

live n belgium europe
have an erfurt made stg44 with matchingQLV code magazine
full auto never ben tampered with
battle off the bulge weapon

found in germany in the starting line off the german offensive
at an farmers place
the story goes that the germans where stock piling weapons and ammo in the farmers place that was in an heavaly forested area
very good condition

problem is how to get it legally in to the US
price is 12000 euro

ikikja@hotmail.com

hans

In the US no new full auto for civilians, and as far as modding it, the BATF view is..."Once a machine gun, always a machine gun".

For us you need a collectors license and permission to buy the weapon but while time consuming that part is easy, the difficult bit is that you need import documentation which requires export documents from the country of origin this means you generally have to buy through dealers who can provide that data.

I have run into countless people in Europe who have found these relics in barns, basements, caves etc. and I would be happy to rescue them but the hassles of making what is effectively an unregistered weapon legal in Europe is not easy and in many cases will result in its destruction so in many ways it is a "rock and a hard place" scenario.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I am seeking advice and/or suggestions on how to dispose of an item my wife and I unearthed while cleaning out the Keller of a recently deceased family member.

Although I am not a collector, with the assistance of various websites I have identified the item by markings and have a general idea of the approximate value.

We are very concerned about applicable laws and regulations and need advice on what to do.
Any help is appreciated...
Thanks!

Hello, Just a follow-up to my original post....
The item described is still available and is considered a non-operational "Bodenfund". However, the difficulties and challenges as detailed by MontyB remain.

Still searching for solutions or suggestions which will not negatively impact the value. In the meantime, it sleeps safe and sound in a basement near Essen, Germany where it was found.

Please send PM, any help is appreciated!

Look for a reasonable priced deactivated one and then re-activated it. My cost 4500.00. That is the only way to get a reasonable priced one

I have one.

I have an STG44, fully functional and legal. With 3 original magazines. Am willing to sell.

Back