anybody have a stg44 for sale - Page 12

--

April 20th, 2019  
henryb

went to the range on Thursday with ryan. the mp44 performed flawlessly. hate to say but found another squib. but all worked out with no issues .
April 21st, 2019  
MontyB

Sounds awesome at the moment all my heavier items are locked away on the advice of the local police arms officer.

However on Friday I took the boy to the local black powder club and we took part in a mortar competition he literally had a blast firing sand filled baked bean tins at a target.
April 22nd, 2019  
henryb

any neat pics of the mortar firing.that sounds like fun
--
April 22nd, 2019  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
any neat pics of the mortar firing.that sounds like fun
Sadly no, I never really thought about taking any at the time but it was a lot of fun they attach long different coloured ribbons to the tin so they can identify them.

All of the ones in the club were home made from stainless steel so it is tempting to give it a go, mostly it was just an attempt to rekindle the boys interest which has taken a bit of a hammering after the Christchurch shootings.

Anyway next time I will take the camera.��
April 22nd, 2019  
henryb

Ok funny story from years gone by. My cousin and myself got a piece of gas pipe crammed it into the dirt (mud) dropped a railroad flare into the pipe and then drop a co2 cartridge on top of the lite flare. It worked great for the first two times.third time, failure to fire. waited several min picked the pipe up holding it off to the side so if it went off it wouldn't blow my head off. Well it did go off. rail road flares have a nail in their bottom so it can be mounted to a wooden rail . It drove the flare out the side that had been in the mud into my knee . i still have that indentation in my knee to this day. That was our mortar
April 22nd, 2019  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryb
Ok funny story from years gone by. My cousin and myself got a piece of gas pipe crammed it into the dirt (mud) dropped a railroad flare into the pipe and then drop a co2 cartridge on top of the lite flare. It worked great for the first two times.third time, failure to fire. waited several min picked the pipe up holding it off to the side so if it went off it wouldn't blow my head off. Well it did go off. rail road flares have a nail in their bottom so it can be mounted to a wooden rail . It drove the flare out the side that had been in the mud into my knee . i still have that indentation in my knee to this day. That was our mortar

It amazes me that some of the things we did for fun growing up would get us arrested on terror related charges today and to be honest I don't want the kid to miss out on these "rights of passage".

I obviously wouldn't make it myself but I would happily buy one that these guys had made, they put a lot of time into the finishings on these things.
April 26th, 2019  
henryb

does anyone know what a original spare parts bag should look and feel like, i bought one several years ago from a seller in Russia ,i think it was ebay, the bag feels like rubberized black silk cloth.it came with extractor, extractor spring. firing pin.mag loader. gas port tool. some type of hemp cord to seal the bag with.
April 26th, 2019  
henryb

Topic: mp44 spare parts bag

here is the picture of the small parts bag. it feels like very smooth thin rubberized material. also the loader for the magazine looks straight here is a link to claus s g43 mp44 sight https://claus.espeholt.dk/mp44.htm. my bag looks like the one he says as being original ????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag of parts mp44.jpg (24.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg parts bag2 mp44.jpg (27.0 KB, 7 views)
April 26th, 2019  
MontyB

I have used that website as a Bible on these rifles so I would be inclined to agree with what it says.
May 4th, 2019  
henryb

found this pic i had taken several years ago pretty pic of the https://photobucket.com/gallery/user...LmpwZw==/?ref=