Anybody else watching the World Juniors?

r031Button

I know I am; still can't believe the pool we're in....Canada, Germany, Sweden, Slovakia, and Finland. I mean the Swedes are okay...but I don't think anything there is in our league. I actually felt sorry for the German goalies this game...9-0 is rough on the ego. And just watching Crosby, for 17 he's incredible...I mean that goal against Sweden.... top corner from in between his legs..just wow...

Ovechkin??? Take a look at Carter! Ah well; I can safely say my favourite team this year is Belarus 8)

I was hoping that Belarus would win so bad, not for their sake but for Russia to be the top-seed.

Bah!...the American team isn't looking to strong this year; but Canada's is looking great; I haven't payed to much attention to the rest of the tournament; mostly because I'm arrogant enough to believe we'll steam roll any other team:p

Sadly, thou was right.... :cen: Canadians!!!!!!!! Just Kidding. It was a good game but a bad result...

Oh I think the result was fantastic; but I gotta say; I hate watchin the Russians play. They dance the puck around great...but the stick play infront of the net is horrendous. I much prefer the agressive for checking and body hits of North American hockey. Did you see that hit in the second period? Phenuf levelled two Russians to set up a goal; it was a beutiful thing.

Yeah, I like the hard hitting of North American hockey and Dion Phenuf had one hell of a hit, but I still must root for Russia even though I pretty much knew they were going to lose that game. Russia doesn't produce goalies and only produces lazy forwards that can only score but don't try otherwise.

yeah...the Russian forwards are fast and skilled; but they don't stand up to constant hitting; mostly because they have more experiance in European Leagues I suppose.

Yes, and the fact that the European Ice rinks are olympic sized and those are wider than NHL sized rinks. So with the extra room to maneuver Russian skaters are taught to skate and stickhandle to get through instead of body contact.

Neither do I, we probly benifitted the most from the NHL lock out; 4 or 5 Canadians would have been playing htere instead of int he World Juniors.

I think Russia might have been worse off - Ovechkin and Malkin both might have been in the NHL. For the USA O'Sullivan, Suter and Fritsche would likely have been in the NHL, and the Rangers might have tried to get Montoya there - not that he was much help for them.

I think if the NHL had been playing, it would have been even more of the Sidney Crosby show then it already was.

True enough, but part when you consider the pressure Crosby was under during hte later games of the tournament I don't think that we would have been able to do as well as we did.

Maybe, but I think he is always the other team's top priority, and he always will be, seems like he thrives under pressure a bit, which is always a good quality.

6 points a game in the QMJHL should be keeping alot of people happy - namely whoever manages to come up with the top pick in the draft, however they decide to do that. Hopefully he ends up in Canada, but I think that may be unlikely.

D_Plus_One said:
6 points a game in the QMJHL should be keeping alot of people happy - namely whoever manages to come up with the top pick in the draft, however they decide to do that. Hopefully he ends up in Canada, but I think that may be unlikely.

Dear god, could you imagine if Edmonton pics up another superstar rookie? It'd be the 80's all over again:p

I think Crosby and Schremp would be a devastating combination. With Hemsky hanging around too, it would be amazing, or Torres. Wow.

Back