Anybody else watching the World Juniors? - Page 2

--

January 7th, 2005  
r031Button

AH well; I was just glad to see us grab another international gold :P
January 22nd, 2005  
D_Plus_One

It's nice to have all the big ones at once - I don't think Sutter could have picked a better team.
January 23rd, 2005  
r031Button

Neither do I, we probly benifitted the most from the NHL lock out; 4 or 5 Canadians would have been playing htere instead of int he World Juniors.
--
January 23rd, 2005  
D_Plus_One

I think Russia might have been worse off - Ovechkin and Malkin both might have been in the NHL. For the USA O'Sullivan, Suter and Fritsche would likely have been in the NHL, and the Rangers might have tried to get Montoya there - not that he was much help for them.

I think if the NHL had been playing, it would have been even more of the Sidney Crosby show then it already was.
January 23rd, 2005  
r031Button

True enough, but part when you consider the pressure Crosby was under during hte later games of the tournament I don't think that we would have been able to do as well as we did.
January 23rd, 2005  
D_Plus_One

Maybe, but I think he is always the other team's top priority, and he always will be, seems like he thrives under pressure a bit, which is always a good quality.
January 23rd, 2005  
r031Button

Yeah...as long as he keeps making those betweent he leg shots I'll be happy:P
January 23rd, 2005  
D_Plus_One

6 points a game in the QMJHL should be keeping alot of people happy - namely whoever manages to come up with the top pick in the draft, however they decide to do that. Hopefully he ends up in Canada, but I think that may be unlikely.
January 24th, 2005  
r031Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Plus_One
6 points a game in the QMJHL should be keeping alot of people happy - namely whoever manages to come up with the top pick in the draft, however they decide to do that. Hopefully he ends up in Canada, but I think that may be unlikely.
Dear god, could you imagine if Edmonton pics up another superstar rookie? It'd be the 80's all over again:P
January 24th, 2005  
D_Plus_One

I think Crosby and Schremp would be a devastating combination. With Hemsky hanging around too, it would be amazing, or Torres. Wow.