any young groups for 7yr. old?

MOM

My son is really wanting to get into a group and a friends son is Young Marines. They don't start until 8. Is there any group that starts younger or are they all 8 and older? I've been trying to hold off on getting into boy scouts b/c I know he loves anything military and with 3 uncles that were in the military he is in awe. He has a medical condition that will keep him out of any military branch when he is older, so I'm wanting to give him what experiences of that area that I can.
He is your sterotypical boy and his medical condition doesn't limit him in anyway physically. At least right now.

Sorry, but I'm not real sure..

I'm a Sea Cadet, which I know you can't join till you're eleven, but your best bet is either waiting till his birthday to join Young Marines. Also if his medical problems don't effect him physically I don't see the problem with him joining. Sorry I couldn't help you more but I think Civil Air Patrol only allows eleven+..

The Young Marines is a great program. It's worth waiting that extra year and getting him on board with that. I've worked with them before. Some Young Marine units are better than others but I don't think I've seen a bad one yet. And I've seen PLENTY of bad JROTC.

It would be a good idea to wait for young marines and when he gets into highschool then his rank might be able to transfer into a jrotc program

If you were in Canada you could join the Royal Canadian Army Cadets but you have to be 12 but there is band and some still have the Daisy Air Rifles that you can compete with sometimes internationally

Back