any young groups for 7yr. old?

--

May 28th, 2014  
MOM

Topic: any young groups for 7yr. old?

My son is really wanting to get into a group and a friends son is Young Marines. They don't start until 8. Is there any group that starts younger or are they all 8 and older? I've been trying to hold off on getting into boy scouts b/c I know he loves anything military and with 3 uncles that were in the military he is in awe. He has a medical condition that will keep him out of any military branch when he is older, so I'm wanting to give him what experiences of that area that I can.
He is your sterotypical boy and his medical condition doesn't limit him in anyway physically. At least right now.
February 1st, 2015  
CadetJohnson21

Topic: Sorry, but I'm not real sure..

I'm a Sea Cadet, which I know you can't join till you're eleven, but your best bet is either waiting till his birthday to join Young Marines. Also if his medical problems don't effect him physically I don't see the problem with him joining. Sorry I couldn't help you more but I think Civil Air Patrol only allows eleven+..
February 20th, 2015  
LeEnfield

Yes a nursery
--
February 20th, 2015  
A Can of Man

The Young Marines is a great program. It's worth waiting that extra year and getting him on board with that. I've worked with them before. Some Young Marine units are better than others but I don't think I've seen a bad one yet. And I've seen PLENTY of bad JROTC.
February 26th, 2015  
JRotc_cadet

It would be a good idea to wait for young marines and when he gets into highschool then his rank might be able to transfer into a jrotc program