Any writers here?

deerslayer

Milforum Swamp Dweller
Seeing as we're in a movie/literature corner of this forum, I figured this question would be appropriate here: Does anyone on this forum do any kind of creative writing? It'd be nice to share any "homegrown" military literature with the members of the forum. I'd be more than happy to submit a few excerpts, language and other such content permitting, of course.

Who would be interested in a kind of "mil-literature" community on the forum?

Yeah, I do a fair bit of creative writting. but once school starts again, I won't have alot of time to work on it. Quite alot of it is Political or Military themed, I reckon a "mil-literature" community is a great idea.

I do myself when I have time and the muse is visiting me. My current project is an homage to The Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court ala mainland China and a rabid anti-communist American being secretly whisked away... it funny and insightful in my humble opinion. The hero is based on a characterisation of our very own 5.56 aka Luis. :)

I got my fill in "Reading and Expository Writing" in college but I do love to read. That one would have a simple ending. Luis would hammer out a 20mm chain gun using a hammer and anvil and blow the whole place away. Of course, he figures out how to minify nukes for the 20mm rounds.

great, then can we petition for a mil-lit forum, or just confine it to a single thread?

Advisory from here on- explicit content. The novel I'm working on, The Malachi Papers, is not only explicitly graphic in terms of gore, but also in language. I will edit the language to the fullest extent possible, but I am sorry if I happen to miss a few blue words in doing so. My apologies beforehand and caveat emptor.

Last edited:
I'll check that one out, thanks.

here's a small excerpt, edited for content.

Jackson looked at the screen- there was a file open in a text editor. The sergeant shoved aside Jödel’s body and let the corpse slump to the floor with a dull thud. He took the late prime minister’s office seat and laid his SOCOM on the table.
It was strange, slightly macabre, to occupy a dead man’s chair, but Paul didn’t dwell on it. The document open on the screen was a memo to a General Amadeus within the Bundeswehr, apparently a key figure in the higher echelons judging from the greetings. Nothing was unusual at face value. Jackson read on.
The first part of the memo contained little useful information- there was a reference to H&K and the Rhineland operation -word gets around fast these days; looks like Jödel’s in cahoots with Heckler and Koch in a big way- and how it would slow down production rates and cause a problem within the current supply demands. There was nothing unusual about this on the surface, just plain, simple facts, but Jackson got the feeling that there was something more, some secret urgency shared between the dead man at his feet and this General Amadeus.
Scrolling down through the document, Jackson found a large map of Russia (Russland, as the map indicated) with locations of Russian areas of interest.
That was unusual. Most of the locations were resource centers in the western Russo-Polish border. He saw the name Sigfried littered throughout the document.
Now, who the hell is this mysterious Sigfried? This is getting weirder by the second. Jackson’s mind drew a blank- Sigfried wasn’t mentioned in any documents he’d read before coming to Munich. However, he was spoken of as an “open negotiator” and “Savior” for the Russians. What was this enigmatic power player doing with Jödel? Could he have had anything to do with the PM’s body laying at the sergeant’s feet?
Foremost in his mind was the disturbing question: Does Sigfried have anything to do with Alexei Petrov?
“Othic,” breathed the sergeant, “Do you remember anything in the briefings about someone named ‘Sigfried’? He’s all over this document.”
“Nothing in the briefings, Jackson. Put it on disk and we can work with it later,” the captain replied after a moment.
Dead end- keep looking. Who the hell is this guy?
Jackson saved the file to a floppy and opened a few more at random. He stopped at another memorandum to Amadeus in case he should find the answer to the new Sigfriend mystery.

Last edited:
deerslayer said:
Seeing as we're in a movie/literature corner of this forum, I figured this question would be appropriate here: Does anyone on this forum do any kind of creative writing?
Who would be interested in a kind of "mil-literature" community on the forum?

I'm writing a book about Nacchi being an secreat Military agent. It's really quite good. I have 5 pages so far. Man, You'll probably love this book. I bet it's gong to be a best seller.

Peace out,
Nachos
POWer, Inc.

...right. Send me what ya have, and I'll look over it. westpointer6612@yahoo.com

Right now I'm teaming up with a lawyer from a neighboring city and my civics teacher to help refine my politico-military ideas (see the papers I've posted here)

Here's more of that one chapter- I know I'm giving you small bits, but what the heck.

Jackson looked at the screen- there was a file open in a text editor. The sergeant shoved aside Jödel’s body and let the corpse slump to the floor with a dull thud. He took the late prime minister’s office seat and laid his SOCOM on the table.
It was strange, slightly macabre, to occupy a dead man’s chair, but Paul didn’t dwell on it. The document open on the screen was a memo to a General Amadeus within the Bundeswehr, apparently a key figure in the higher echelons judging from the greetings. Nothing was unusual at face value. Jackson read on.
The first part of the memo contained little useful information- there was a reference to H&K and the Rhineland operation -word gets around fast these days; looks like Jödel’s in cahoots with Heckler and Koch in a big way- and how it would slow down production rates and cause a problem within the current supply demands. There was nothing unusual about this on the surface, just plain, simple facts, but Jackson got the feeling that there was something more, some secret urgency shared between the dead man at his feet and this General Amadeus.
Scrolling down through the document, Jackson found a large map of Russia (Russland, as the map indicated) with locations of Russian areas of interest.
That was unusual. Most of the locations were resource centers in the western Russo-Polish border. He saw the name Sigfried littered throughout the document.
Now, who the hell is this mysterious Sigfried? This is getting weirder by the second. Jackson’s mind drew a blank- Sigfried wasn’t mentioned in any documents he’d read before coming to Munich. However, he was spoken of as an “open negotiator” and “Savior” for the Russians. What was this enigmatic power player doing with Jödel? Could he have had anything to do with the PM’s body laying at the sergeant’s feet?
Foremost in his mind was the disturbing question: Does Sigfried have anything to do with Alexei Petrov?
“Othic,” breathed the sergeant, “Do you remember anything in the briefings about someone named ‘Sigfried’? He’s all over this document.”
“Nothing in the briefings, Jackson. Put it on disk and we can work with it later,” the captain replied after a moment.
Dead end- keep looking. Who the hell is this guy?
Jackson saved the file to a floppy and opened a few more at random. He stopped at another memorandum to Amadeus in case he should find the answer to the new Sigfried mystery. Near the middle of the memo was a sentence explaining the “administering of Sigfried” by the Bundeswehr.
Administer a person? What the hell? He read over the last few sentences; he found that his translation had been accurate. Towards the end of the document he found the very same map of Russland from the first memo. We have economic centers, military bases, and they’re all in eastern Poland or Western Russia. On the basis of Jödel being a neo-Nazi, that sounds suspicious. Probably a good thing the racist little prick’s dead.
Germany’s problems are within the state, not with the hardliners in Russia- but the eastern Silesia area is a hot spot for the fascists; we learned that much in the briefings. What was happening?
Nothing the Germans were doing with the Bundeswehr as described by the papers he’d read made any sense. It seemed as though Jödel was putting his home army smack in the middle of his support base, and right on the border of another country. A troubling thought crept across Jackson’s mind on that note- Could Jödel be trying to make a drive into Poland? Occupy Warsaw, or destabilize the East enough for serious reallocation of lands? Near the end of the second memo was a sentence praising the “future contributions of Sigfried” to “a new German people”.
That was when Jackson understood the mysterious Sigfried.

Last edited:
Nice to see so many writers. I am one also. I don't do military writing but this would be a new genre to explore. Count me in.

I have writen a number of short stories about my time in the forces for the grandchildren just to give them a laugh, I think I may still have some of them knocking around

StevenPreece, may I ask what genre will your novel be, if it's something that can be classified into one of the existing genres?

I am a writer. I am currently engrossed in writing a 3 book series dealing with a full scale invasion of the U.S. I have an outline completed, needs to be revised, and am almost finished with the first chapter. Not sure when I will be able to post it, but I would be willing to bounce ideas off some of you guys here.

my AIM address is already posted above, just make sure you tell me who you are before making any attempts at conversation.

My "writings" only consist of anecdotes, and fictitious stories to pass the time, and to make people laugh. Most I tell aren’t written down at all, or in anyway are saved. I've tried many times to dip my pen into the creative genre, but nothing good, or long is created.

I've piddled around with military scifi. That's about as close as I get. My true love where writing is concerned is scifi and fantasy. Anyone read David Drake? Heck of a good military scifi author.

Back