Any thing big goin on?

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
We I live in SouthEast Gerogia, not far from the Savanah River, I usually get the Ocassoin visit of military aircraft in the skies around my home, or school.

But latley I have been seeing all kinds of Army, and now ANG aircraft fill the skies ,at all times of day. Last week for starters, I saw about 8 Chinooks, easly reconized by their oval shape, and two 3 blade rotors in front and back. Which are usaully confused with Sea Knight USMC Ch 46s in some areas.

But, I usally on see them once a week, but, black Hawks, which, may be Pave Hawk models, have been flying alot latley, and not in normal pairs of twos, but, now in pairs of just one, at a higher altitude.

Also, normally I would see a fighter flight speckeled in from time to time. Uslually in the mid afternoon, (I suppose thats the best flying time) I might see a fligh of F 16s, or F 18s, and , about every on 2 months, maybe a flight of F 15s from the ANG.

But, yesterday, I saw two flights in one day, one with a lone Ealge, so low that I could easliy pick out the elongated canopy of a two seater version, trainer, or Strike Ealge most likely.

What I am saying is, I am seeing more and more U.S. military Flights than I normally would see. I mean, the only thing that I see almost every day, is C 130s from Hunter Army Airfield, and other ANG instalations. They are basiclly the only ones with very busy flight schedules around my area.

But, now, seeing more Fighter , and Army Helicopter flights than I normally see. Gets me thinking, is there something up? Some nation wide drill between branches? Or is there something going on that hasnt made headlines yet?(security incident)

So, please, if anyone knows about any huge operation,training, or movement due to base closure. I would like to know, any information will be appreciated, thanks.

May be it is because of the troops who are going to Iraq from Georgia. Is there an army base near you?

Last edited:
I could easliy pick out the elongated canopy of a two seater version, trainer,

You just answered your own question. training

Wouldn't be the end of the financial year comming up would it?

Probably just using the resources they have been allocated to justify getting the same ammount next year.

No I did not answer my own question, I just stated the model of aircraft it may be.

There is also a strike fighter bomber version of the F 15, known as the
F 15 E, witch is also a two seater.

(not trying to sound angry)

But, if they were doing training, then, why are there more fighter flights then?

Unless they are training lots of new crew at once.

And, I do live near Fort Stewart, which home to the 3rd Id. I belive.
May have alot to do with all the rotory craft traffic. And C 130 flights.
I can also get to Beafourt Marine Air Station in under 2 hrs from were I live, but, I dont think they are shipping out lately.

But, if they were doing training, then, why are there more fighter flights then?
For the same reason you learn to fire a rifle as an individually before progressing to Section, Platoon, Company then Battalion level live fire and movement trg. You don't put a baggy arsed digger in a battalion live fire if he is not muzzle conscious, his weapon drills aren’t instinctive and he hasn't done the prerequisite trg .
Same with every branch of the armed forces.

Oh, I see now, makes sense really, start small, and go big.

Progression training, that maybe why the skies were so busy.

(Note, the skies have returned to normal now, as far as I can tell,nothing unusaul anymore.)

Hey guys, keep in mind something: think about who has access to these boards, which is everyone with an internet connection. That includes our enemies. Operational Security or OPSEC is something we all have to think about, and something I take very seriously. Publicly announcing troop movements, even if it's a large training exercise, is a breach of OPSEC. So instead of having to infil a spy into our country to get the intel first hand, all our enemy has to do is sit at his or her computer and read it.

I'm not saying you're doing anything illegal or anything, but I just want to say that I don't agree where this thread is going. Nothing personal against you Sukio; I know you're a bright guy and wouldn't want to do anything bad intensionally. Just a thought, that's all.

Listen, I know what I am talking about,and I know about what you just said ever since I started the thread. But, our enemies have, capabilities, and , well, they are growing in number each passing month.

Listen I dont know, how this information would benifit them, but, well, even the primary enemies, ( the war on terror) did some how know about the military air traffic in the United States Last week, think, they were military aircraft, going to secrure areas.

I know what your thinking, rotory traffic, troop movements, means they will be getting prepared? But, Coalition force shave been in their field of fire in various locations in the Middle East Now for years.

I am not saying that you are wrong, yes, but, there are 360 Million Americans, with cell phones, text messages, and PCs, thats millions of chances for small bits of info to get out, and think, the enemies, they watch the news.

Their televisions have subtitles to you know.

I am not trying to sound like I dont care, I know, but, there are sites on the web, that feature be heading videos (very very, disturubing, and angering) Along with multiple films of terror bombs going off around ground conveys, and other coalition forces.

I think, that , they have the tiny bits of information gathering, covered,

But, we are pouring in information, to lead counter raids, arrest, and many other military and political strategies.

And, until one of us breaks down, or is totally broken, or worse.....

I am sorry to sound like a non patriotic flag burner, but this is not the case, really, and , I am not offending any one I hope, (except the enemy) especially not my own colors. or any other flag in the coalition on the war on terror.

Sukio, two members of the US military have given you a polite lesson in OPSEC. I would quit now while you're ahead. Dont be a smartass, its these men and our family and friends who will be in increased harm over "tiny bits of information gathered".

Hey guys, keep in mind something: <SNIP> OPSEC

Well said, its also worth considering how much detail you put in your public profile. It could very well then put your IP address as a target to hack.

IMHO, that's a matter of Personal Security or PERSEC, and has little or no bearing on operational details (except for certain folks), so it's really up to the person to give out whatever info he/she deems OK to give out. But you're right, someone could be logging all the service members' IPs but I think our identities alone are not closely guarded secrets (again, excluding "special" people ;)). Another thing to think about.

ETA: All this applies to being in CONUS. Anything OCONUS, PERSEC becomes as important as OPSEC, since they go hand in hand.

Last edited:
I will sit back, and step aside, you guys do what you gotta do, I wont ask any questions.

But I will thank you , all of you, without intel guys, the war on terror, well, would be very, very impresicise.

Thanks all of ya, even those not on this site.8)

I will sit back, and step aside, you guys do what you gotta do, I wont ask any questions.

But I will thank you , all of you, without intel guys, the war on terror, well, would be very, very impresicise.

Take care of yourself Sukio, best of luck in EOD School.

Sukio, once you get in and go through the training you will then understand why things are like this. It is in no way personal. What is personal is when brothers get killed because someone said something here and someone said something there and someone read it and did the math and they weren't a friend to you or I. Savvy?

Back