any special medals, ribbons, or cords

none yet first year but im n the running for honor cadet wich i will probably get. attendance and i should be getting alot more hopefully

I just got my Commanders Commendation this weekend. As for my others, I have recruiting, Encampment with a clasp, red service, CAC, community service, and all the ribbons up to SMSgt. Plus my sharp shooter.

Didn't have any when I was in, but I am now technically qualified for the Cadet Service Medal (4 years service), with the bar for it (additional 2...I think...). I can't get the medal, since I'm in the Reg Force. 10.5 more years and I'll get the CD, though.

:???:
armlesscadet said:
none yet first year but im n the running for honor cadet wich i will probably get. attendance and i should be getting alot more hopefully
Im confused you say your a master sergeant, In the air force rotc, but you talk as if in mcjrotc. when I was enlisted as a master sergeant you always have at least three ribbons. And the cadet hand book says that a ist year cadet can only get promoted to a staff sergeant and thats if your perfect. I think your story is a little fishy:stupid:

well major krause i dont mean to be off topic here but the cadet handbook differs from unit to unit. i myself am a first year cadet but i was promoted to a first lieutenant. dont believe me? www.afjrotc.name

Henderson, are the names listed under "Cadet Organization" all of the cadets in your unit?

If so, you're extremely top heavy. Almost all of your cadets are officers and NCOs!

Myself, I have 18 ribbons, 6 medals (Leadership Academy Honor Platoon, the rest are from academic competitions), 4 aguilletes (Leadership Academy, drill team, team commander, academics).

We don't do ribbons and stuff over here, all i gots is my I/C/Corporal, senior clasification, marksman, Bronze DoE, and my pilot wings. Those are the only "badges" or whatever that i wear.

babyboy4u363 said:
We don't do ribbons and stuff over here, all i gots is my I/C/Corporal, senior clasification, marksman, Bronze DoE, and my pilot wings. Those are the only "badges" or whatever that i wear.
And what JROTC or ROTC are you in?:???:

agreed...there are alot of officers...but we have just as many if not more enlisted...our reserve flight is 15 members strong....then we have Alpha bravo charlie delta and echo who all have at least ten members...my main point was that its not just 3rd and 4th year cadets who get officer status...it depends on how devoted you are to the corps.

C/2Lt Henderson said:
agreed...there are alot of officers...but we have just as many if not more enlisted...our reserve flight is 15 members strong....then we have Alpha bravo charlie delta and echo who all have at least ten members...my main point was that its not just 3rd and 4th year cadets who get officer status...it depends on how devoted you are to the corps.

Oh, alright then, you guys run differently. That's pretty interesting.

In my unit, you can only become an officer by holding and performing well in a high position like a Department Head, team commander, platoon leader, etc. And to do that, you need considerable experience, leadership ability, and a lot of motivation. My rough guess would put only about 1/5 to 1/4 of my unit as officers. You know that saying, too many chiefs and not enough Indians? :wink:

well JROTC was really just a side program...we really had to push for it since there isnt a whole lot of military support in my town...even though we live next door to Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville,AL...its wierd...i know that enterprise(school down the road) has a drill team that is bigger than their football team...

Back