any special medals, ribbons, or cords

ive tried...thers just not any iterest in JROTC...all the people that i could convince are already in it...thre is no middle ground...ur either PRO-MILITARY! or ANTI-MILITARY...and of course they think that signing up for JROTC binds you to signing up for the military...

What grade are you? If you are still in high school you could propably get some of the freshmen to join the program.

well, we have a wierd system...we moved sixth grade back to elementary school, and put 9th grade in middle school...so they are technically freshmen but they go to the middle school...its really confusing..but our high school was too crowded for the freshmen, so we put them in the middle school building..

I have 12 Ribbons Currenly
Encampment, NCSA, Red Service, AFA Cadet of the Year, Curry, Arnold, Wright, Richenbacker, Lindbergh, Doolittle, Goddard, Armstrong. I have Community Service, Recruiter, Mitchell, CAC, Ciatation on the Way,

Lets see I've got...

Curry, Arnold, Mary Feik, Encampment, AFA Cadet of the Year Cadet, Recruiter Ribbon, and my AFA Medal.

I should have a U.S. Army Sharp Shooter Badge, but I never got it.

alliehz said:
I just got my Commanders Commendation this weekend. As for my others, I have recruiting, Encampment with a clasp, red service, CAC, community service, and all the ribbons up to SMSgt. Plus my sharp shooter.

Allie, u over 18?

Here are my ribbons (the AFA is a medal, but cadets can't wear them :( )
ribbons.jpg
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?p=204442#post204442

I've been hopeing and training hard to earn it, but haven't anyone of you heard of the first place gold medal for the cadet challenge? what do you think about it?

I suppose I did have a few more items than previously listed if I count more than just ribbons and medals

Badges:

Expert Marksman
Pilot Wings
Glider Pilot Wings (moved to a smaller badge after Pilot Qualifications)
Introduction to Aviation Course Badge

Cords:

National Course Cords x 2 (Power and Glider)
Squadron Commander's Cord
Band Major's Cord

All of the cords were white, so I only needed to wear one at a time.

WELL if you want to be specfic I have the Cadet Humanitarian award, airforce association, AMVETS, Scothish Rite, National Sojouners, Purple Heart, and military order of world wars plus all most of the regular ribbons

WELL if you want to be specfic I have the Cadet Humanitarian award, airforce association, AMVETS, Scothish Rite, National Sojouners, Purple Heart, and military order of world wars plus all most of the regular ribbons

Quite the list there. How'd you manage to get the Purple Heart?

It's the military order of the purple heart awarded to top cadet in his graduating class as well as top 10% academically of school

Are you sure about the name of that award major Krause? It seems to me that the name of the award is the Cadet Leadership Award. It is awarded by the Military Order of The Purple Heart. It has nothing to do with the actual Purple Heart and you need to stop referring to it as such.
The only vague similarity is that it is a purple ribbon without the white edge that we wear with our real Purple Hearts.

Description: This award consists of a medal pendant with a ribbon, accompanied by a certificate.

Purpose: The Military Order of the Purple Heart Award recognizes an outstanding cadet who is enrolled in the ROTC/JROTC program and demonstrates leadership ability.

Eligibility: Each cadet must:
    • Have a positive attitude toward ROTC/JROTC and country;
    • Hold a leadership position in the cadet corps;
    • Be active in school and community affairs;
    • Attain a grade of “B” or better in all subjects for the previous semester; and
    • Not been a previous recipient of this award.
Administration:
    • The Commander of the Unit selects the recipient annually.
    • The Commander may request the award by filling out and submitting the CADET LEADERSHIP AWARD ONLINE ORDER FORM to the Military Order of the Purple Heart at least two months prior to the presentation date.
    • The Commander may also print out the online form and it can be (1) mailed to: The Military Order of the Purple Heart, 5413-B Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22151; or (2) Faxed to (703) 642-2054
    The cadet’s name is printed on the citation by the school.
Yours
Cadetleadership.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The real Purple Heart
purple-heart-medal.jpg

Requirements for this one are a little different:
The Purple Heart is a United States military decoration awarded in the name of the President to those who have been wounded or killed while serving on or after 5 April 1917 with the U.S. military.
I don't mean to come down on you too hard but this difference is rather important, agreed?

Last edited:
I was awarded the Sons of the American Revolution medal today, I also have the Robert E. Lee leadership award, plus various ribbons that are awarded to anyone who can rate them.

Back