Any reason for US taking China as potential enemy?

--
Boots

January 29th, 2005  
ironface

Topic: Any reason for US taking China as potential enemy?

Actually,I don't know why. The fact is that,china is growing,
and need more oil,,that is quite reasonable! I always get the news
that,US regard the china as potential enemy for china is competing
for more oil.
What will US do?let chinese to do everything in man power? using
people to pull a car? or pull the plane to the sky?Actually,as a normal
chinese people,I never thought of 'attacking US'. There is no
real war happened beteen china and us,I mean, in some place
in china or us.What happens is japan .it is japan who attack us
40 yrs ago,but nowadays,japan has become the ally of US,I really
cant find the logic of US leader, or US is think the 911 is related to china?

In the history,Chinese seems a modest people,it is always there,
even though it is strong enough to attack Euro long year's ago,it never
does so. Actually,the west people never get to know the real culture
our chinese develop for 5000 years. The doctrine tell us to be modest
and never be aggresvie since we are child.In most chinese 's mind
there is no such word as 'conquer''.We even can drive the integrity
from the development of china.

CHInese is not nomad in the history,so there is no need for chinese to struggle for more area or livestock.First more than 5000 years ago,
chinese are settled down, and get a rural economy,and develop a feudalistic society. here is also that,since China is so developed ,compared
to other countries at that time, in the early Qing dynasty,we stop all
sea transport ,and ocean relationed economical relation with other country,for a simple reason that,China do not need the things from
less developed area. Absolutly,the Emperor are fools, actually,at
that time china has the best shipmaking skills and be able to make very
large sea ship. And the ban on sea related economy block the development of china. I think maybe at that time the China is so
stong as the status of US today.

But china is awaking and decide to develop and make good livings for
the 1300,000,000 chinese people. Surely ,to develop,we should make
a solid defense to protect us,just as the US do. And anything wrong to
asking for our own oil ?Only the US have the right to get oil?Every
country should has equal rights to get what Gods offer us.
January 29th, 2005  
chewie_nz

here we go again!

ironface, it may serve you well to search the other "china" threads to see how discussions like this have developed.

taiwan is a huge issue for the US and most of the western world, and i think we have seen how far the US will go to export freedom (TM).

it is in their interests to keep taiwan independant,
January 29th, 2005  
Charge 7

"The doctrine tell us to be modest and never be aggresvie since we are child.In most chinese 's mind there is no such word as 'conquer''.

Tell that to Tibet.
--
Boots
January 29th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Tell that to Tibet.
January 29th, 2005  
gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
here we go again!

ironface, it may serve you well to search the other "china" threads to see how discussions like this have developed.

taiwan is a huge issue for the US and most of the western world, and i think we have seen how far the US will go to export freedom (TM).

backing taiwan by US is because its hindering china's foreign policy development (eu embargo, human rights.... to attack china itself) not spreading democracy. if US really is she could of got rid of saddam in the 80s rather than helping him. u got to know politics is all about profit and self-interest.
January 29th, 2005  
ironface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
"The doctrine tell us to be modest and never be aggresvie since we are child.In most chinese 's mind there is no such word as 'conquer''.

Tell that to Tibet.
Tibet is in some sense is a heritage from our ancester,from
qing dynasty was already a part of china. That is the culture
difference for US people.In a US famility,maybe the father
will not leave the son anything.But in china,the father leave
the son a lot,and the son is obligded to preserve it. I am also
wonderring so many guys are interest in Tibet. Where do you guys
get the info about Tibet,and can someone give me a place to read
about tibet?
January 29th, 2005  
ironface

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
here we go again!

I think what most concerning the west, is,a growing china will demand
more and more natural sources such as oil,which used to be think as
a previlege of the west and US.it seems the doctrine goes like.

Once you are poor,you should be poor for ever.
January 29th, 2005  
soldierzhonor

Just a few passing notes :

1st: The US hasnt declared China as an enemy yet the Chinese released to the press they are in training for a possible war with the US.

2nd: China and Russia signed a "Treaty of Friendship" on July 16, 2001 to undermine the United States' framework for international security. This was also known as "an act of friendship against America"

3rd: The difference in the amout of imports to exports from China is tremendous, yet we are looking for a fight?

4th: Yes, Japan attacked China 40 years ago. I seem to recall American volunteer fighters helped the Chinese and not the Japanese. The Japanese military has gone through a drastic change and since tey attacked over 40 years ago, are you saying China is a revengeful country who is still looking for payback?

5th: China did attack the US along with a UN force in the Korean war.

6th: I cant verify this at the moment but will when I find the article but, 2 Chinese officers (Majors I believe) wrote a book about taking down the WTC towers in an attempt at weakening the US economy. Mods if you'd like to delete this before I get the article, not a problem. If someone knows its whereabouts, please post it since the book was about taking down the US.

thats all I'll post at this time and this isnt meant to flame by any means. Only as a few references to the first post.
January 29th, 2005  
gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierzhonor
Just a few passing notes :

1st: The US hasnt declared China as an enemy yet the Chinese released to the press they are in training for a possible war with the US.

2nd: China and Russia signed a "Treaty of Friendship" on July 16, 2001 to undermine the United States' framework for international security. This was also known as "an act of friendship against America"

3rd: The difference in the amout of imports to exports from China is tremendous, yet we are looking for a fight?

4th: Yes, Japan attacked China 40 years ago. I seem to recall American volunteer fighters helped the Chinese and not the Japanese. The Japanese military has gone through a drastic change and since tey attacked over 40 years ago, are you saying China is a revengeful country who is still looking for payback?

5th: China did attack the US along with a UN force in the Korean war.

6th: I cant verify this at the moment but will when I find the article but, 2 Chinese officers (Majors I believe) wrote a book about taking down the WTC towers in an attempt at weakening the US economy. Mods if you'd like to delete this before I get the article, not a problem. If someone knows its whereabouts, please post it since the book was about taking down the US.

thats all I'll post at this time and this isnt meant to flame by any means. Only as a few references to the first post.
1: US also think its possible to go to war with china, both sides have released press talking about this, so its not just the chinese.

2: US and UK are close allies too, if u think friendship means vs US, then US and UK is vs china. it seems US is disrupting "international security.

3: why not? u invaded iraq for oil.

4: not china, but japan, japan illegally occupied some islands above taiwan.

5: US threaten to use atomic bomb and attack china.

6: I doubt it, do u really think bombing 2 towers could disrupt the whole world's economy? i think the chinese wouldnt be that stupid. and it wouldnt the time to strike just yet if they intended to be.
January 29th, 2005  
Charge 7

Here you go Iron face,

http://www.c100tibet.org/

Many, many more sites like it though I doubt your PLA buddies will allow you to research the truth very much.

Also saying that Tibet was historically part of China is no justification for conquering an independant nation. Because Genghis Khan ruled it is no free pass for China to do so now.

You complain about being "poor" well if you don't like being poor try spending less building up your military and more on your economy.

Oh and to both you and Gingerbeard, we aren't "threatening" China one damn bit. We will of course respond to any hostile actions YOU might take, but I've heard nothing in the news about us threatening you and OUR news media is not controlled by the state.