Any reason for US taking China as potential enemy? - Page 3

--
Boots

January 30th, 2005  
Sexybeast

a war between china and U.S is not a good thing not just for both sides..but for the whole world...

one is the biggest economic power...another is the biggest growing economic power....global economy will be seriously damaged..

and lots of ppl gonna die...if things go wrong.there may be a nuke war..that will be even more terrible..
china may go back to stone age...U.S will suffer serious set back too...

then EU and russia, and india will be laughing like hell..
January 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death

1) No one is expecting anything about Tibet, just showing how China has been a conquering power in modern times.

2) Americans don't want a war with China, we're more afraid that China is going to try something stupid as it gets more power.

3) If there's nuke war we'll just lob nukes into the EU, Russia, Middle East, India, Japan... no reason for anyone to live at that point.
January 30th, 2005  
Sexybeast

well....seem lots of ppl are critisizing china on tibet issue while they are forgeting wut their nation has done similiarly to indians.....it is just another example of human nature -----using double standards....

china can survive as a big power in asia for 5000 years because chinese never really do stupid things like Hitler did or Japan did...so dont worry about china act like religious extremists....chinese are pretty moderate in most of issues, they perfer 'middle' in everything, not left not right....that is why they usually don't take sides very clearly in most of internaional conflicts......like in gulf war..China voted for neither sides in U.N resolution..
--
Boots
January 30th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

I don't see any reason why China would worry about the US, we would never attack China. Not even North Korea, I don't think- just letting those ones rot.

The reason some in the US think as China as a possible enemy is because of leadership, China has many military buffs at the helm. Not to mention the amount spent on military. And China's modern age record "MODERN AGE"

It's true the western world has been the most aggressive of all, but history is just that. The greatest western power today has had a reputation of liberating people from totalitarian forms of government and imperialism. Not to mention rebuilding and aid services.

The USA has given itself an honorable reputation, for all of it's sins/failures (like Vietnam, meddling in South America, possibly Iraq) it's virtues far outweigh them.

All we yankees have to go by China are the blood stained battlefields of Korea, the large military budget, the constant expansion of China's economy, the searing hate of the Japanese and the fanatical will to retake Taiwan.

You must forgive us for being hostile sometimes... it's just hard to have hope when your current resume has death and blanks on it.
January 30th, 2005  
gingerbeard

well actually, US is more aggressive in modern times than china, i do not see why people think china is an aggressive country. u can name plenty of wars declared by US, while most wars invlove china are being provoked.

US press are indirectly controlled by the US gov, not totally, for example, hiding losses in war as it did in WW2, korean war, and the vietname.

Tibet was very peaceful during the 200 years of china's governing, its no propaganda here, it was the british in 1911-1912 which extented its influence into tibet, to creat a buffer with china because at the time china was disunited and weak, also british owned india, which it doesnt want china to be its neigbour directly.

british agents have help tibet to set up resistance, Daila Lama is one example, if tibet wasnt being messed with by the british, then it wouldnt of had violence there.

if u go to tibet today, there is alot of improvement being done, just like ur US excuse in going into a country and build it up.

well if u think tibet should go independent, then u should give taxes back to mexico, u took it from them. it proves every country has occupied territories and never gave them back, so i dun think its right for anyone to speak, british have took wales, northan ireland and scotland. US took Taxes and from the red indians. if ur country havent conqured a place or having give back a place to someone, then u shouldnt say someone is wrong since u have no right to say so as u r already doing the same action.

i never mean conquring a territory is right, but u got to know, U do it as well. why dun u guys have a deal equally, both giving lands back to their own legitimate countries and origin? as ppl in the west always say their are "fair"

alot of people in the west dun get educated about tibet's british agents in 1911-1912, it benefit the countries motive u see.
January 30th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

The USA was more "aggressive" than China during the modern age, the critical difference being we left prosperity and liberation behind. What did China leave? Yeah, North Korea's a real spire of gold.

Also, you have no proof the US govnerment covered up records. People can point to China's state controled media everytime. It's an easy way out for us but, you can't apply the same without any viable article.
January 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
well....seem lots of ppl are critisizing china on tibet issue while they are forgeting what their nation has done similiarly to indians.....it is just another example of human nature -----using double standards....
The topic of this thread isn't "Is China or the U.S. better?" it is "Any reason for US taking China as potential enemy?" Understand?
January 30th, 2005  
k19

Of course, nobody wants to see a war between china and U.S. We do know the reality. As one of the hundreds thousands Chinese students studying in western countries, it is very hush to see the western countries were still seeing China this way. We love to see two countries and to all western countries toward friendly relationship, really, all Chinese do. We were impressed by American’s democracy system; economic ties with the west really improved our daily lives as well. Our government worked really hard to improve our relationships, while, as I hear from the CNN everyday; Americans were still holding back and could not fully trust a “communist country”. With the globalization growing strong every single day, every communities are going to be close tied, how could we still hold the cold war thought like this?

I fully understand china’s economic growth and “cheap export” somehow hurt the low level manufactures here at North America, I really do, Chinese government also take the deficit caused by the trade seriously, yesterday, Chinese airlines companies signed a contract to by 60 Boeing 7E7, about 7.6 billion dollars in one single contract. also, the immerge between the Chinese computer manufacture and the IBM personal computer, which would keep 70,000 jobs right here in America and ends IBM 3 years lose on this sector, instead of just increase the “cheap export” from overseas. However, sadly, the action was delayed by U.S government for “security reasons”.

I don’t blame many of you take your view points from many anti-communism or anti-Chinese government websites, just like your press do commonly, it is part of the freedom you enjoy. However, it doesn’t mean they tell truth about everything, just like Chinese people don’t believe our government tells truths about every thing. I hope all of you could understand Chinese so you could go to BBC’s forum, to see the arguments that Chinese shared amount many issues, such as the 89 Tiananmen Square events, you might be surprised, many Chinese today may not necessarily promotes such action or hold the same opinion you see or hear in western press or those websites. You can’t stop people fighting for freedom, but you can’t force people to take freedom neither.

Anyway, I wish all of you could really have a chance to go to china and see what it really like today, perhaps, 2008 Olympic will be a good opportunity. I wish one day, we could all share peace and when comes to the judging, social structure is not the case any more…
January 30th, 2005  
Charge 7

"You can’t stop people fighting for freedom, but you can’t force people to take freedom neither. "

Ha ha ha! You might as well say...

Look at me! I'm happy under totalitarianism!
January 30th, 2005  
k19

"Look at me! I'm happy under totalitarianism!"

dude, freedom and democracy come with time, you can't just force it on people! how long does americans took to figure out white and black men should be equal? !! which part don't you get?