Any reason for US taking China as potential enemy? - Page 2

--
Boots

January 30th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

China, through it's history, has never really been an aggressive nation- until of course, the communist regime came into power.

Having annexed Tibet, helped in the preservation of, and aiding aggressive North Korea, and the invasion of Vietnam- China's history with communism has been anything but peaceful.

However, within the last decade or two, China has morphed a bit, with easing the economic ties to communism while still retaining it's police state status. In doing so, China's economy has finally been able to prosper. In this boom China's needs have grown.... and sence it still retains much of it's communistic elements in high places, it's a question as to what China will do for various resources.

The USA will defend it's allies in Asia if they should be threatened, this is the only reason the USA will fight China.

There is only two things, combined, that I think could overthrow the western supremacy of this earth- China and Islamic nations. Together with internal sabotage, aggression within their regions, they could exhaust the United State's economy, as well as her allies.
January 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
Tibet is in some sense is a heritage from our ancester,from
qing dynasty was already a part of china. That is the culture
difference for US people.In a US famility,maybe the father
will not leave the son anything.But in china,the father leave
the son a lot,and the son is obligded to preserve it. I am also
wonderring so many guys are interest in Tibet. Where do you guys
get the info about Tibet,and can someone give me a place to read
about tibet?
Native American ancestors where the Mongols which where part of China so the U.S., like a good Father, is going to invade to take back its herritige land for the good of the Chinese people. I assume China has no objections to becomming the 51st state?
January 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man

look for my post in the Iraq war thread on the oil thing.
--
Boots
January 30th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

I really think the reason that China disagrees with the United States tactics and allied itself with other countries like Russia is because it strongly opposes the US' international involvement, they think they are interfering with everyone's matters.

The US should be more friendly towards China. Just because it is a communist country still does not mean it's bad. Take example of Cuba. The US has failed to recognize it as a good nation anymore because of Fidel Castro and communism. I think Cuba and The United States could get along pretty well if the US was nicer to some countries.
January 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
I think Cuba and The United States could get along pretty well if the US was nicer to some countries.
What? Cuba doesn't deserve for the U.S. to get allong with it. They wanted nukes to threaten my life and my parents' lives, they are NOT deserving of our charity, let them rot.
January 30th, 2005  
k19

No, it is the U.S was trying to paint China as a threat, and more against toward China, just as they would do to other countries standing on their way to become absolute superiority. That’s one of the factors. You can’t really blame them; they were the ones aggressively to achieve their goals, even though they wanted to paint it as peaceful as possible, to give out a “reason” for their action, such as spreading democracy, freedom to the world…..democracy won’t bring the U.S’s friendship to China, but a weakened, tired, never stringing China would do!

The different view on Tibet is simple. Chinese treat their land as part of identity for thousands of years, just as many ancients civilization do. Or, to say the western world also do before the born of “capitalism”. However, not many ancient civilizations survived till today. But on the other hand, western countries attend to ignore it so it won’t stand on their way when explore the world and remap the territory by other’s blood. That’s part of their history and mindset; it serves them well throughout the history. I really can’t understand that western country to undergoing a regime change to “satisfy” their need was a more legal way of control. It happened hundreds of times in the last 300 years, and even, happening right at this min, can you say it was un-aggressive? You really can’t say something to against your self’s actions can you. Also, since the capitalism came out and played a very important part in the western civilization, the world was divided. They basically use a different term for conquer---colonialism. it is very funny for them to say china is a very aggressive country when they were really the more “active” ones… the Tibet was really isn’t an issue throughout the history, Chinese governments changed many times, but every dynasty keep the Tibet as part of our territory, however, was the western world (meanly Britain) attempted to separate it from China for their interest, many times thought out the history, but failed. Just like were playing the Taiwan issue today.

The third factor is capitalism vs. communism. Communist countries often been accused of using nothing but massive propagandas, I do agree, however, western countries did just as “well” as the other side did. People brainwashed with hate on both sides, countries grouping each other with “identity”, there were, really no right or wrong if judged without the existence of capitalism and communism concepts. Just like Taiwan, one side lost badly and forced to withdraw to an island, nothing but clearly a internal affair of china, then the U.S intervened, just because the losing side was against communism, how odd was this? I don’t think it is “hard” to figure out the Chinese people’s anger toward the U.S. the Japan is also a good example. When Prince Harry dressed a Nazi uniform, it was huge news throughout the western world; hundreds of trees have to be cut down because it looks like a Nazi sign in the air in Germany, every year, leaders gather to pay respect for the lost of WW2, but on the other hand, Japan’s pre-minister can publicly go warship 7 Class-A, and thousands more Class-B war criminals, and right wing people dress the WW2 military uniform on the street dancing without problem. Denying the death of millions of Chinese civilians, there were no apologies every year just like the germens do, there were not even public attentions in the western countries to criticize the Japanese’s action in WW2 and today! Was that fair? Just because we Chinese were under communist control so that we don’t deserve the treatments the others do? Or just because the Japanese has a pro-western government? How could you ignore those things when thousands of Americans also survived the nightmare and treat them as “closed allies”?? Allies for what? Ruling the world, even dancing with the evil?

As long as both our governments and people can’t sort out the truth and really dealing what the problems were, we would keep calling each other as threats for the years to come and live under the cold war mind and fear for ages to come. It won’t benefit anyone.
January 30th, 2005  
Sexybeast

if ppl wanna china give up tibet..

U.S and Canada must give up the lands they captured from native indians first.....we all did the same right?

i think most of ppl in U.S view the quality of their lives as top priority...

since the intense trade between U.S and china bring benifits to both sides....(u can buy cheap thigns, we can earn money, we can buy high tech thigs, u can earn money)

so i believe there may be small clashes but in general, two countires will get along well in the near future
January 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think it comes down to this: No two real super powers can get along, especially if they're the only two super powers around.
January 30th, 2005  
Sexybeast

well....i am sure they may have problems here and there..but in general..they are not gonna fight a huge war...cuz they are just too tightly connected....too much trading..too much investment in china...just too much...both sides do not want to lose this opportunity to make their citizens' lives better
January 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Probably very little chance of direct war. If there is any war, it'll probably be in surrounding areas... like how Korea and Vietnam were during the Cold War.