Any other sox fans

I'm big fan of Houston Astros. Not Boston Red Sox. Astros all the way to World Series this year. I'm sure.

Great. I'm just hoping that Houston Astros will win the world series this year.

Sorry, Yankees fan here (despite spending four years at Tufts -- grew up in NYC). And if you're going to yell at me, you better damned well throw a "sir" in there somewhere! ;)

AJChenMPH said:
Sorry, Yankees fan here (despite spending four years at Tufts -- grew up in NYC). And if you're going to yell at me, you better damned well throw a "sir" in there somewhere! ;)

with all due respect sir, you're supporting the wrong team:wink:
i hate baseball, but as a rule, growing up in massachusetts meant i had to support the sox, or face being an outcast

theres this chick in my biology class, she moved from danvers and misses all the same things that i do...

anyway, she has a shirt, says red sox on the front, and on the back it says "21" then above that like it said like a players name "yankees suck"

Screw the Yankees!

(Translation: Yes, I am a BoSox fan)

Born and raised in Boston, I went to my first BoSox game when I was 5 mons old. I've stuck with them through the suck and the glory.

The only reason I didn't want them to win in 2004 was because they got there without the Cubs. I would have paid good money to go to a Cubs-BoSox series.

They deserved to win, though. You don't come back from one out away from elimination (not once, but twice) if you didn't have what it takes to win it all.

Fox said:
Ohh..Hey, AJChenMPH, do you remember one of Cub fans got the ball? I'm not sure.
Yeah, I think one of the fans along the third base line prevented the left fielder from catching a foul ball in the stands. It wasn't technically interference, since the ball would have landed in the stands anyways, but man, were Chicago fans mad at the guy.

The first game I ever attended was at Fenway. The thing I remember most vividly was Ted Williams flipping off the fans, not once but twice. I found other players to root for. I actually don't mind the Red Sox as a team, but sometimes some of the fans are a bit over the edge. I'm sure all of our forum members who are BoSox fans are all polite and quite respectful.

DTop said:
I'm sure all of our forum members who are BoSox fans are all polite and quite respectful.

Ha! All's fair in love and baseball. :p

My entire entertainment room is decked out in BoSox, Bruins, Patriots and Boston College paraphernalia and I have every type of BoSox hat and shirt imaginable. It's a female's nightmare.

I once dated a diehard Yankee fan, watching the Sox v Yank games was almost violent but the make-up sessions afterwards were spectacular.

As nasty as BoSox and Yankee fans can be towards each other, you have not enjoyed baseball until you've gone to see the teams play against one another. I've seen both teams play in Fenway and Yankee Stadium. It is truly an experience, and the debates/arguments are a blast. Names like Babe Ruth, Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner, Powell v Cronin, Piersall v Martin, Roger Friggin' Maris, Lou Piniella, Carlton Fisk, Roger Clemens and many more get throw up. Every game imaginable is debated. It's a lot of fun.

On the other hand I've seen beer thrown one someone for wearing the "wrong" cap or shirt. I've seen players' families get harassed just because...etc.
It's one thing to root for your team and it's quite another thing to spew hatred and condone or even participate in activities that make others' experiences at the ballpark less than enjoyable. Let's face it, some people get carried away. I just don't want it to happen here on the forum. Good natured ribbing is fine, but I have to ask everyone to be careful.

Back