Any other sox fans

AJChenMPH said:
Sorry, Yankees fan here (despite spending four years at Tufts -- grew up in NYC). And if you're going to yell at me, you better damned well throw a "sir" in there somewhere! ;)

then go jump off a cliff and die.....SIR!!

DTop said:
And there you go, exactly what I was warning about! Keep it civil or the thread will die.
'Sok, Top -- I think that was with tongue in cheek. ;)

Actually, what disturbed me the most was when the Sox fans in Boston went around torching cars with New York plates on them in 2004. In all the years the Yankees won the World Series, especially the last few years when the Sox-Yanks rivalry heated up again, I never heard of an instance where a Yankee fan destroyed a car with Massachusetts plates -- even in 2003, after that dramatic ALCS.

And I was also really disheartened that Damon was boo'ed so badly in the recent series at Fenway, when he had been such an instrumental part of the 2004 championship team. When Tino Martinez left the Yankees after the 2001 season, he got some of the biggest ovations when he came as a Cardinal and as a Devil Ray.

There are always idiots. I've seen just as many idiot Yankee fans as I have seen BoSox fans. Usually these people aren't fans at all, just trouble makers hiding behind what they feel is an excuse.

Once they start torching cars and hitting people, they're criminals, not fans.

And again, since it seems I'll be the only one willing to say it in this thread apparently, it isn't just Red Sox "fans" that cause problems at BoSox v Yankee games.

Jackasses are jackasses, no matter what logo they have on their tee-shirt/hat.

Last edited:
Back