Any military folk?

GunRunner2012

What does it mean that the AK-47 has a distinctive sound over other weapons?

Which is louder and can be heard farther away, the AK-47 or a M4 carbine in 5.56 NATO?

Which has more of an echo?

Doesn't the M4 sound like a sharp popping sound off in the distance? Is it as loud as the AK-47?

welcome to IMF
most here are/where in military
hard to comprehend as why you have such question, but I can tell you, that from far away sound of different firearms have lesser chance of being possible to establish, than ie effects as of surroundings where they would be fired from, also direction etc. AK-47 does have very distinctive sound if fired close by.

welcome to IMF
most here are/where in military
hard to comprehend as why you have such question, but I can tell you, that from far away sound of different firearms have lesser chance of being possible to establish, than ie effects as of surroundings where they would be fired from, also direction etc. AK-47 does have very distinctive sound if fired close by.

I'm only asking because a lot of people say the AK has distinct sound so just curious which is louder the modern M4 or the AK. Thats why.

Would yu know which carries farther, the crack of the M4 or the thud of the AK?

Cheers.:cheers:

7.62x39 has a different sound than 5.56. AK has a distinct "bolt slap" to the cycling action that stands out from the SKS etc.

I'm only asking because a lot of people say the AK has distinct sound so just curious which is louder the modern M4 or the AK. Thats why.

Would yu know which carries farther, the crack of the M4 or the thud of the AK?

Cheers.:cheers:

"Ak47 assault weapon.. preferred weapon of your enemy. makes a very distinct sound when fired at you." --Clint Eastwood heartbreak ridge ...

It does actually have a distinct sound if you are nearby.

Well, from the videos I've seen on the net, the AK47 have a very distinctive sound. I dont know about close by... But I know that some unit pick up these weapons to "sound" like the enemy when in a mission behind enemy lines.

And I think that as the M4 is a more modern rifle and using a smaller calibre, the sound shouldnt be as loud as an AK47.

The question is if there is a huge difference between an M16A2 and an M4A1. As they are using the same ammo... And they share some parts too.

But of course that an M4 doesnt have the same sound as an AK47.

I heard an AK47 on a firing range, but there was no M4 to compare...

Back