Any Marines in here?

<------ right here, just got through MCT today and im heading out to pensacola for flight training im a 9972 at the moment and i will keep you updated when i get my platform

So devil dog is a nick name for marine im guessing?
I dont know to much about the american military, so whats the difference between a marine and your regular US soldier in the army?

soulja said:
So devil dog is a nick name for marine im guessing?
I dont know to much about the american military, so whats the difference between a marine and your regular US soldier in the army?

Devil Dog comes from Tuefelhuden. The nickname was given to the Marine Brigade in 1918 at the Battle of Belleau Wood by the German troops in recogintion of their fighting ability.

The main difference in Army Troops and Marines is the mission. Marines are an amphibious expeditionary force.

the main difference between a US Marine and a army soldier goes way beyond the mission. yes our mission is different but as is our training and our general SOP for everything. and i dont know how to explain it but its much different from just the mission.

PFC. I don't believe he was asking about esprit de corps, traditions, etc. He was asking about the difference in duties the way I read it.

soulja said:
I just mean the overall difference, were all soldiers but we do different jobs right?

The Marine Corps specializes in Amphibious Assaults. The Generally deploy as a smaller force than the Army . Their Mission in a nutshell is to seize and secure Advanced Naval Bases and conduct Amphibous operations.

Marines provide Security for the United States Embassies around the world.
Naval Stations around the World.
Provide security for the Capital Ships of the fleet.
And provide the Fleet Anti -terrorist Security Teams for the fleet.

The United States Marine Corps is the smallest of the services. Yet constantly deploys Battilion Landing Teams (BLT) and Marine Expeditionary Units (MEU) aboard Naval Vessels as a rapid deployment force.

Back