Any JROTC or ROTC cadets in here?

HerndonCadet said:
a different service than I'm really interested in (Airborne all the way!),.

They got an Airborne branch now?!

:lol:

I kind of blanked on this thread for awhile, sorry I wasn't ignoring you all.

So Future, unfortunately I do live in California right now (I say unfortunately because they got the most bum-backwards laws you ever run across, Everclear is illegal but they want to legalize pot, for example). But the California I grew up in is different than "Cali," we all claim we're from Nevada so the other cowboys won't laugh at us ;) :lol: .

And tough girl, guys can't hold a candle to you females for strangeness. Believe me, I've had more experience than any man should have in one lifetime with the insane side of the "fairer sex." I've had a girl pull a dang switchblade on me, and I got enough other stories not fit for print to fill an autobiography. :lol:

I am an ROTC cadet at the University of South Dakota, I'm going into my MS III year. I am originally from Southern California, and I miss it like crazy. I came here on a soccer scholarship and found my love for the army, and can't wait to get on active duty. I want to branch Aviation.

Where are you from in Southern California? I'm with the Surfrider Batt at UC Santa Barbara (MSIII/IV).

Saw you were going to BAC this summer, Pogue and hopefully myself will be joining you there (I got the dang waiting list after I lost my original slot when I cracked one of my vertebrae). Good luck.

I am from the Murrieta/ Temecula area, about 45 minutes north of San Diego. I have been to UC Santa Barbara, that school is sweet. I should have stayed in Cali, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Now I am stuck here in South Dakota, it is so different, like the people and all. I guess it is good for me to work with different kinds of people though. When do you go to the BAC? I leave on Tuesday!! Hooah, I'm so pumped. I just hope it all goes well.

bfieldsUSD said:
When do you go to the BAC? I leave on Tuesday!! Hooah, I'm so pumped. I just hope it all goes well.

Nice! Good luck there! I'm on the alternates list now, so I don't have a date or a guaranteed slot yet (anymore :x ), but I will find out if I'm actually going after I finish Warrior Forge up at Ft. Lewis.

Have fun at Benning.

12th, 07JUL to 07AUG, right when all the Tacs are getting burned out and ready to go home. :lol:

Did you hear what all they added this year?
Just a couple of the things are we're doing a full eight day FTX instead of the two short ones, and we "get" body armor ( :lol: 40 lb flak jackets apparently). So it should be at least somewhat more challenging than in the past. The longer we're out in the field, the less time we have to worry about all the garrison bull-puckie.

Yeah, I heard they were stepping Warrior Forge up a bit. A 40 lb Flack Jacket and a ruck, that sounds like fun. Yeah, I don't like doing all that Garrison crap either. I don't think the 8 days out in the field will be so bad, but I will tell you how I feel about that when I get back from Robin Sage in July. That is a wonderful fifteen days out in the field, but it should be pretty awesome.

Robin Sage? Never heard of it before, just looked it up on the internet, sounds kind of interesting. It seems like even though it is only for 11 and 18 series MOSs there are quite a few females who attend it. Looks like it would be a blast.

Sounds like you got yourself a pretty busy summer here, what with RSIP and BAC. :D

Yeah, it will be fun though. I am completley stoked about the Robin Sage thing, we get a chance to learn tactics and stuff from Special Forces trainees. They don't slot you guys any for Robin Sage? Did you guys get any Air Assault School slots? Did anyone for that matter?

I believe all cadets lost their Air Assault slots because the Army needed that space for Soldiers headed to the war. We did get one CDQC slot, I believe three BAC slots, and I want to say four CTLT slots, and we have one cadet acting as a cadet instructor at CDQC (lot of scuba guys around here). Pretty decent for a class group of 15 (we already have one Air Assault qualled, three Airborne qualled, and one SCUBA qualled, too).
But no, I'd never even heard of RSIP before. Last year we had one cadet go to Westpoint's summer training and one go to England to train with their MPs though, so we do get some snazzy stuff.

That is awesome, we don't get many slots here. All we were originally slotted was one Airborne, Two Robin Sage and a couple CTLT slots. My airborne slot came up on the last day of school and I just jumped on it. We don't get any scuba slots, naturally. I would be the first to be qualified in my class on anything, pending my graduation. Hopefully you will get another slot after LDAC, for BAC. What other stuff do you participate in for ROTC? (Drill, Ranger Challenge, Army Ten)

I'm CIC of our Color Guard and an alternate for the Ranger Challenge team (I don't run so quick, pushing it with a 13 minute two-mile while everyone who's actually on the team is within spitting distance of 12 or below :lol: ).
I'm S4 though and they have me acting as an instructor for combat first aid, land nav, marksmanship, and rappelling, so I keep pretty daggone busy around here.

Sounds like you got pretty lucky there with the slots, if you all don't get many. And thank you for the well-wishes there, I'm also on the alternate list for CTLT (got put on that after I originally lost my BAC slot as a consolation prize :lol: ), so hopefully I'll be doing something interesting this summer.

Redneck said:
Robin Sage? Never heard of it before, just looked it up on the internet, sounds kind of interesting. It seems like even though it is only for 11 and 18 series MOSs there are quite a few females who attend it. Looks like it would be a blast.

Yes, the cadets play the "G's." (guerrillas) during Robin Sage, along with various other support soldiers from around the Army. It is a great opportunity for them, and tends to make things more realistic for the SF students as they have to work with and train a group that doesn't know much.

BfieldsUSD, listen to G chief and the team sergeant cadre and you will have a very enjoyable time, they tend to enjoy mixing up the roles they want you to play to keep the SF students on their feet. :twisted:

:lol: There was a Mail Call on this and it was pretty interesting. You can pretty much make any decision you want to put the students under more stress and create more problems to see how they react. On the show they even showed some footage of how a tribal leader killed his daughter because she was brainwashed by the enemy :?

Sounds like I am in for a pretty interesting time at RS then, I am really looking forward to the training experience. Thanks for the advice, I don't like being difficult but if they make me play that part I guess I will have to do it.

BAC 3 June - 25 June

bfieldsUSD said:
I leave on Tuesday!! Hooah, I'm so pumped. I just hope it all goes well.

Are you with the 3 june - 25 june slot at BAC? I leave wednesday. I'm a cadet down at East Carolina University, in NC.

Yeah, that would be it. I have to leave on Tuesday b/c of the time it takes to fly there for me and the reporting time. Hopefully I will see you down there!!

Back