Any good movie?

Korean Seaboy

Does anybody know a good, realistic military movie? Or even a short film or documentary? I'm bored because most of my work is done and I have some time left.
It doesn't matter if it's boring. Just realistic.

Does anybody know a good, realistic military movie? Or even a short film or documentary? I'm bored because most of my work is done and I have some time left.
It doesn't matter if it's boring. Just realistic.

Try watching, A Bridge Too Far. My favourite war film. It was made in the 80s so the explosions and stuff aren't realistic but that isn't the point really. it's a 3 hour long movie (so that will kill time!) and it looks at Operation Market Garden, the largest airbourne invasion that has ever happened. Very good story line and sticks to it very well. Vehicles, planes and clothing are all very realistic. It also has nearly every famous military actor in it. Micahel Caine, Sean Connery, Robert Redford ect. You name, it's a good movie and has great people in it. It is also based on the book written by someone who was in it I believe. I haven't read the book yet, but I want to, but I from what I have seen it sticks to it rather well. So yeah, want a good movie, get A Bridge Too Far. Here's a link on it for more info if you want:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bridge_Too_Far_(film)

I don't think there are a lot of good war movies from Korea, though from what I saw (and not much) it seemed that there is a TV series that looks promising.

Other movies ... most of the humor would be lost in translation.

You can google it, but for sheer impact here are my favourites (in no particular order).
1. Blackhawk Down
2. Waterloo
3. The Longest Day
4. The Dambusters
5. 633 Squadron
6. Where Eagles Dare (the best soundtrack - ever)
7. A Bridge Too Far
8. Glory
9. The Battle of Britain
10. The Cruel Sea.

Just my personal tastes, but I'll bet you'll find something to wile away the hours in those, in fact I think that's what I'll do - after I've finished pretending to work.

I don't think there are a lot of good war movies from Korea, though from what I saw (and not much) it seemed that there is a TV series that looks promising.

Other movies ... most of the humor would be lost in translation.

what was frustrating for me on my 2d tour at Casey, all I ever could find in town was bootlegs of American films.

Hm mm, maybe a discussion of non-US war films that get recommendations, I have a few from the Philippines and Israel

Last edited:
Naw, pretty low budget, I like low budget myself but the key word in the OP was "realistic"

Pretty easy to find at either a PX or a dollar store if that gives you any notion.

The Danish war documentary "Armadillo" is up for DVD release pretty soon as far as I know.

Ya, I have remember a good movie which i like to watch every time. That is Titanic which is a romantic movie. This is based on a real story. I love this movie.

There is a new docu bout Shin Bet."The Gatekeepers",haven't watched it yet but from the trailer looks intersting.

Ya, Not only one but i would like to share some of good movies which i have seen and enjoyed....

The Shawshank Redemption
The Godfather
The Godfather: Part II
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Pulp Fiction
12 Angry Men
Schindler's List
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Dark Knight

Under Hill 60 is an interesting movie about Australian sappers in WWI preparing a huge mine to detonate under the German forces prior to going over the top. Some sentimental love interest to bridge the character gaps but otherwise the tunnel sequences and trench sequences are adequate.

1. Zulu.
I had a relative who was there, a week after the battle.
And before you ask, he wasn't carrying a Spear.

Try watching, A Bridge Too Far. My favourite war film. It was made in the 80s so the explosions and stuff aren't realistic but that isn't the point really. it's a 3 hour long movie (so that will kill time!) and it looks at Operation Market Garden, the largest airbourne invasion that has ever happened. Very good story line and sticks to it very well. Vehicles, planes and clothing are all very realistic. It also has nearly every famous military actor in it. Micahel Caine, Sean Connery, Robert Redford ect. You name, it's a good movie and has great people in it. It is also based on the book written by someone who was in it I believe. I haven't read the book yet, but I want to, but I from what I have seen it sticks to it rather well. So yeah, want a good movie, get A Bridge Too Far. Here's a link on it for more info if you want:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bridge_Too_Far_(film)

I actually could have been an extra in that film! I was on AD with the Army and couldn't get away.

Back