Any good movie?

Ya, I have remember a good movie which i like to watch every time. That is Titanic which is a romantic movie. This is based on a real story. I love this movie.

I recommend some movies with Leonardo DiCaprio. If you haven't watched "Blood Diamond" do that, a fictional movie about a real problem. I liked his portray of J Edgar Hoover in the movie “J. Edgar.” The movie "Body of Lies" is quite good too
DiCaprio has matured a lot since the movie "Titanic"

Last edited:
Movies to see

I'd recommend The Bridge, it's a German made movie about teenagers inducted and forced to guard a bridge, it's great I only saw it once as a child. Also Bridge at Remagen too real and too true. Another is Winning Hearts and Minds, it's a documentary about Nam that won some awards. And of course Enemy at the Gates.

Hi I'm new on to this site. Hmm..I don't watch much of war movies but I've watched Black Hawk Down, Battle for Hadithia and Zero Dark Hour.

I don't have any war movies that I could recommend :| but I would like to watch doco/movies with real military men/women in it instead of those Hollywood actors playing the roles.

The movie "Battle for Haditha" although claiming to be a true story, is quite a stretch from the actual events that happened in that incident.

If you're looking for good military documentaries I would suggest: Restreppo, Rhino, or Gunners Palace to start you off.

For movies I'd go with : We were soldiers, Hamburger Hill, and Act of Valor (even though the acting is terrible, the actors are real Navy SEALS and their tactics and movements are spot on)

Watched Restrepo twice and I'm going to watch Act of Valor next.

Pretty powerful documentary. That whole area was bad for a long time and I imagine it's even worse now since we've pulled out of there. It was one of the first documentaries I saw about A-stan or Iraq that was able to catch the predicament of the average US grunt on the ground...It's not sexy, glamorous, and sometime borders on the absurd...but it's real.

The movie "Battle for Haditha" although claiming to be a true story, is quite a stretch from the actual events that happened in that incident.

If you're looking for good military documentaries I would suggest: Restreppo, Rhino, or Gunners Palace to start you off.

For movies I'd go with : We were soldiers, Hamburger Hill, and Act of Valor (even though the acting is terrible, the actors are real Navy SEALS and their tactics and movements are spot on)

I said "Rhino" on here when I meant "Armadillo". It's about a Danish infantry platoons tour in Afghanistan...quite good and authentic.

Yeah..I never expect war movies to be sexy, glamorous, anyway. It's hard to imagine what those women/men facing each day, far away from their families.

Thanks brinktk. That will be my next movie to watch.

Last edited:
Tora! Tora!

...in connection with some studies on the war in the Pacific I picked up Tora! Tora! again. It's actually a quite good movie with fairly correct background studies - much like Battle of Britain, The Longest Day and A Bridge Too Far. Not totally without humour, either....

Was this lady surprised.....?

Fred

For a good, light hearted weekend evening, "Black Eagle" is a decent movie. Basically it's like Top Gun, Behind Enemy Lines, and bits of Korean Drama all rolled into one. lol. Awesome.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xATFbtjomjo"][Main Trailer] Rain's K-Movie 2012 - R2B; Return to Base - YouTube[/ame]

Somewhat interesting movie I saw today for the first time. Man in the Middle, Robert Mitchum, Trevor Howard, Barry Sullivan, Kenen Wynn. 1944 a deranged US Lt murders a Brit NCO in india.
For political reasons everyone wants the murder to hang, soon. Everyone except Mitchum.

There is a new Navy Seal movie in theaters right now, I haven't seen it yet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoLFk4JK_RM"]Lone Survivor Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Mark Wahlberg Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

Back