Antiamerican guys sent this to me.

Looks fairly real, though the explosion looks a bit weird especially the way the film completely blacks out and the image is not zoomed out.

Let's assume for a moment this is real even though I have my doubts.

What's the point? I don't get it. A platoon of millitia is moving through the streets and they are hit with a bomb. Sounds exactly like what I would want my millitary to do.

A quick look through the website led me to an entire section dedicated to how 9/11 is a CIA plot all along to lead america into war with the middle east.

But I must be one of those conformist propoganda-sucking clonetroopers because the banner in the upper righthand side tells me so. Remember, you're only a free thinker if you hold their opinion.

EDIT:
Alright, game time. Can you tell which headline is from theonion.com and which is from the above site?

"Per Last Request, Gen. Westmoreland's Ashes, 10,000 Pounds Of Napalm Scattered Over Vietnam"
"Former DEA Agent: Mexican Commandos Killing In South West US To Protect Bush Drug Cartel"

That's just sad.

Shadowalker said:
Looks fairly real, though the explosion looks a bit weird especially the way the film completely blacks out and the image is not zoomed out.

Let me crystal clear for all of you who have never been to Iraq or never controlled attack helicopters.

The military does not allow helicopters to openly engage targets on the ground. The chopper needs to be in contact with someone on the ground. That person on the ground has a much better view than from the air. As we all can tell, you cannot see :cen: on that video other than a few blurs that count as people. The procedures in the army never give the aircraft the right to pull the trigger without permission from the ground. In this case, I bet your :cen: that there was someone on the ground with eyes on target who knows more than you, me or that anti war website.

You can challenge me all you want. But unless you have been to Iraq and/or controlled attack aviation, you have no merit in my eyes.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. It is BS like what is on the website that really makes me mad, just as people who make assumptions on something they know nothing about.

SGT Doody

Thank you guys.
Doody, that's exactly what I was looking for. Some opinion from someone who knew more than me or those people on the antiwar website.
They just come up showing you a video where no contextualization is made and where they would have you believe US choppers take fun in hitting innocent crowds on the ground.

Doody said:
You can challenge me all you want. But unless you have been to Iraq and/or controlled attack aviation, you have no merit in my eyes.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. It is BS like what is on the website that really makes me mad, just as people who make assumptions on something they know nothing about.

SGT Doody

To a non-military person like myself the film does look like it could of been real. To me it looked like the video was real but with possibly the people and explosion have been added later. I hate websites like that one too, the British, American, Australian... militaries in iraq are doing an excellent job. Sorry if my comment offended you

Is it a plane or is it a Helicopter, watching the way the picture stayed steady so long makes me thinks it is the later. Now if they were a group of insurgents which they could have been whats the problem. Now there was a comment over the remarks that were passed by some one on this aircraft/Helicopter. Well what are they moaning about I have seen the remarks and cheering when they have cut off peoples heads, or when an allied soldier get killed. It just some thing to try and stir up the some people. Now we don't know if the this tape has been doctored or not but the one thing that did strike me was the lack of any back ground noise.

As far as that site goes, it also claims that Princess Diana and Hunter S. Thompson were victims of "political murders."

I received this in an email about two or three months ago and it was a safe house with a special ops group to flush them out. They didn't know anything was targeting them because the scene is shot with a FLIR which is guiding a Paveway II dropped from 20,000 ft high. The guidance FLIR was probably a SEAL from a small aircraft. The laser pulses at a secret pattern known only to the pilot and target illuminator. There was no guesswork here. Face it, only bad guys went out in this one.

Doody said:
Shadowalker said:

Let me crystal clear for all of you who have never been to Iraq or never controlled attack helicopters.

The military does not allow helicopters to openly engage targets on the ground. The chopper needs to be in contact with someone on the ground. That person on the ground has a much better view than from the air. As we all can tell, you cannot see :cen: on that video other than a few blurs that count as people. The procedures in the army never give the aircraft the right to pull the trigger without permission from the ground. In this case, I bet your :cen: that there was someone on the ground with eyes on target who knows more than you, me or that anti war website.

SGT Doody

Agree 100%.

Along with being able to hear the Air Contoller clear the Pilot to engage the the target.

If you weren't there anything you assume.......well you know.

Sgt. Doddy, one thing to remember, if you have been to a combat zone, which you may very well have, and in an actual combat unit (not combat engineers either) than you should know also that all rules are not followed in war. It's your's and your buddies a$$'s or their's, and you can damn well bet it will be their's over anyone of my infantrymen. And just to keep it "fair and balanced", I think the video is BS.

MichiganMarineInfantry said:
Sgt. Doddy, one thing to remember, if you have been to a combat zone, which you may very well have, and in an actual combat unit (not combat engineers either) than you should know also that all rules are not followed in war. It's your's and your buddies a$$'s or their's, and you can damn well bet it will be their's over anyone of my infantrymen. And just to keep it "fair and balanced", I think the video is BS.

You do not have to tell me about people not following the rules of war. Some of the stories that some people have bragged about are insaine.

On another note. Due to the nature of my job, I know exactly what kinds of restrictions are emplace right now in Iraq. All I can say is that what is emplace now would not allow attack avaition to just blast away at targets without cooridnation from the ground.

I may have been an engineer in Iraq, but I have been an FO much longer. All the people I work with right now are OIF veterans. I know most of the details, good and bad, about how OIF was fought.

Well, as a female fighter pilot, I can say for sure that it was a helicopter, not a plane. It turned too sharply and hovered in one spot for too long. I was in Iraq for eleven months, and I've never heard one case of aviation attack not waiting for ground orders to fire. I always waited, and everyone I know waited. Yes, rules aren't always followed in war, but I think this video is bull :cen: . I've checked out the rest of the site and some of their stories are just ludacris. Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes.

One thing that is correct in the video is the location on the HUD. Due to security reasons I cannot say much more on it. I am sure there is some website that converts military grids into longitude and latitude.

Kina, someone in the Army and the Airforce actually agreeing on something. I believe we are in unexplored territory ;)

Doody + Kina

A'rnt you allowed to return fire if you are taking fire from the ground even without ground clearence?

As for the footage.

I find it odd that so many Iraqi insurgents would allow themselves to be caught in the open like that. Doent they always tell you to spread out?

On the other hand had it been a massacre the media would have certainly picked it up, I heard nothing. So maybe it was a legitmate strike after all...

yes you are allowed to return fire, but there was no evidence of the enemy firing in that video. whether they did before the video was shooting, i cannot say, but from the evidence, there's nothing to conclude they were shooting. PLUS, no smart troop would have themselves bunched in a group in a wide open space like that.

as for doody (you and i agreeing) , i think this calls for a celebration! :cheers:

Back