Antiamerican guys sent this to me. - Page 2

--

July 27th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowalker
Looks fairly real, though the explosion looks a bit weird especially the way the film completely blacks out and the image is not zoomed out.
Let me crystal clear for all of you who have never been to Iraq or never controlled attack helicopters.

The military does not allow helicopters to openly engage targets on the ground. The chopper needs to be in contact with someone on the ground. That person on the ground has a much better view than from the air. As we all can tell, you cannot see on that video other than a few blurs that count as people. The procedures in the army never give the aircraft the right to pull the trigger without permission from the ground. In this case, I bet your that there was someone on the ground with eyes on target who knows more than you, me or that anti war website.

You can challenge me all you want. But unless you have been to Iraq and/or controlled attack aviation, you have no merit in my eyes.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. It is BS like what is on the website that really makes me mad, just as people who make assumptions on something they know nothing about.

SGT Doody

Agree 100%.

Along with being able to hear the Air Contoller clear the Pilot to engage the the target.

If you weren't there anything you assume.......well you know.
July 28th, 2005  
MichiganMarineInfantry

Sgt. Doddy, one thing to remember, if you have been to a combat zone, which you may very well have, and in an actual combat unit (not combat engineers either) than you should know also that all rules are not followed in war. It's your's and your buddies a$$'s or their's, and you can damn well bet it will be their's over anyone of my infantrymen. And just to keep it "fair and balanced", I think the video is BS.
July 28th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMarineInfantry
Sgt. Doddy, one thing to remember, if you have been to a combat zone, which you may very well have, and in an actual combat unit (not combat engineers either) than you should know also that all rules are not followed in war. It's your's and your buddies a$$'s or their's, and you can damn well bet it will be their's over anyone of my infantrymen. And just to keep it "fair and balanced", I think the video is BS.
You do not have to tell me about people not following the rules of war. Some of the stories that some people have bragged about are insaine.

On another note. Due to the nature of my job, I know exactly what kinds of restrictions are emplace right now in Iraq. All I can say is that what is emplace now would not allow attack avaition to just blast away at targets without cooridnation from the ground.

I may have been an engineer in Iraq, but I have been an FO much longer. All the people I work with right now are OIF veterans. I know most of the details, good and bad, about how OIF was fought.
--
August 17th, 2005  
ill be damed if i know

yeah there got tobe a catch here there prob were strong indications that thet were militia
August 17th, 2005  
Kina

Well, as a female fighter pilot, I can say for sure that it was a helicopter, not a plane. It turned too sharply and hovered in one spot for too long. I was in Iraq for eleven months, and I've never heard one case of aviation attack not waiting for ground orders to fire. I always waited, and everyone I know waited. Yes, rules aren't always followed in war, but I think this video is bull . I've checked out the rest of the site and some of their stories are just ludacris. Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes.
August 18th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

One thing that is correct in the video is the location on the HUD. Due to security reasons I cannot say much more on it. I am sure there is some website that converts military grids into longitude and latitude.

Kina, someone in the Army and the Airforce actually agreeing on something. I believe we are in unexplored territory
August 18th, 2005  
mmarsh

Doody + Kina

A'rnt you allowed to return fire if you are taking fire from the ground even without ground clearence?

As for the footage.

I find it odd that so many Iraqi insurgents would allow themselves to be caught in the open like that. Doent they always tell you to spread out?

On the other hand had it been a massacre the media would have certainly picked it up, I heard nothing. So maybe it was a legitmate strike after all...
August 18th, 2005  
Kina

yes you are allowed to return fire, but there was no evidence of the enemy firing in that video. whether they did before the video was shooting, i cannot say, but from the evidence, there's nothing to conclude they were shooting. PLUS, no smart troop would have themselves bunched in a group in a wide open space like that.

as for doody (you and i agreeing) , i think this calls for a celebration!
August 21st, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

pure