Anti-Japanese Print Advertisements in China

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
Do you remember when Communism was supposed to be "the humankind peaceful haven and the end of all conflcts"?
Sure, check this out.

20060117_05.jpg

History has proven the idealistic view of Charles Marx to be completely unrealistic. The people given power in Communist nations take a page from Hitler's book and use the State-run media to whip their populace into a violent frenzy of hatred, directed at the target of their choosing. Mind you, Japan ought to have had the decency to appologize for the terrible things that they did during WW2. This doesn't excuse the Chinese for being racists.

godofthunder9010 said:
History has proven the idealistic view of Charles Marx to be completely unrealistic. The people given power in Communist nations take a page from Hitler's book and use the State-run media to whip their populace into a violent frenzy of hatred, directed at the target of their choosing. Mind you, Japan ought to have had the decency to appologize for the terrible things that they did during WW2. This doesn't excuse the Chinese for being racists.

Dont you mean Karl Marx?

But yes communism would be one of the greatest forms of government if it worked but sadly it doesnt however the actions you state cannot be solely attributed to communist governments but are generally indicative of dictatorships regardless of political persuasion.

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Seriously reacting separately to Chinese is also ridiculous.
When saying from my experience
The Chinese's anti-Japan movement is not mostly based on the dependable information but also Delusion.
The fighting dead in China were 1.5 million people in 1945. (by US military report1945)
However, the dead become 50 million or 35million people in 2005 now.
The dead in China seem to become 1.5 billion people in around 2050 if this pace continues. around 2100,it will be 75 billion.
As one example though it is the most ridiculous
"Japan is using 1% of gained money for the anti-China activity."
Of course,we are not so free to do such foolish things.
Extreme Chinese tells it to have driven it mad. (Actually, they have
gone mad. )
Banish Japanese enterprises from China.
"Don,t buy Japanese Commodities."
actually,they are also made in china.
Do They want to lose Chinese's works and destroy all-china as their father did in cultural revolution?

I doubt the Japanese will ever apologize for their warcrimes.

I heard of several Japanese politicians saying that the country should take responsibility for the atrocities it committed during WWII and they have been either killed or threatened by right-wing extremist groups.

I doubt the Japanese will ever apologize for their warcrimes.

I heard of several Japanese politicians saying that the country should take responsibility for the atrocities it committed during WWII and they have been either killed or threatened by right-wing extremist groups.
・・・・・Oh,I heared is first.
Who?
Who were killed by right-wing?Do you know their name?
Please,tell me their name.
I will search them .
BLIXS・・・・・・・・
I don,t hope・・・・・Do you believe "Iris Chang was killed by Japanese right-wing!"?
It is unwholesome to read the book related to the plot too much.
What is the following?
“Nazis constructed secret bases in Antarctica!”
“The Mu continent existed!”
I heard a lot of stories of the plot.
However, all were completely funny rumors.
The worlds are sleazier than imaginations.

Are you a reader of NY times?
from my view, that newspaper is too untrustworthy.
I recommend you to read two or more newspapers.

Last edited:
sandy said:
・・・・・Oh,I heared is first.
Who?
Who were killed by right-wing?Do you know their name?
Please,tell me their name.
I will search them .
BLIXS・・・・・・・・
I don,t hope・・・・・Do you believe "Iris Chang was killed by Japanese right-wing!"?
It is unwholesome to read the book related to the plot too much.
What is the following?
“Nazis constructed secret bases in Antarctica!”
“The Mu continent existed!”
I heard a lot of stories of the plot.
However, all were completely funny rumors.
The worlds are sleazier than imaginations.

Are you a reader of NY times?
from my view, that newspaper is too untrustworthy.
I recommend you to read two or more newspapers.

What you think this is a rumour?

I've read of newspapers and news articles online about the actions of right-wing Japanese groups.

And no I don't remember the names it was several years ago.The right since the 80's in Japan have become more violent than before.

Damn you,it's punks like you that worsten Japan's relations with it's fellow Asian countries,but no wait a minute.The Japanese like to think themselves as Caucasians,not Asians,for the Japanese are superior to their neighbors.

I take it back,your just being a good nationalist,and as Voltaire says:

"It is lamentable,that in order to be a good patriot,one must be an enemy of the rest of mankind."

sandy said:
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Seriously reacting separately to Chinese is also ridiculous.
When saying from my experience
The Chinese's anti-Japan movement is not mostly based on the dependable information but also Delusion.
Delusion is a good word, but unfortunately, neither Japan nor China seems to put too much stock in Reality. Comfort Women and the Rape of Nanking are examples of realities that can easily be proven as historical fact, yet the Japanese are trying to pretend that neither of those ever happened. Both are incredibly well documented. Because Japan seems to have denial issues over things of that nature during WW2, it opens the door for the PRC or anyone else with a vendetta to embellish things a bit.

The fighting dead in China were 1.5 million people in 1945. (by US military report1945) However, the dead become 50 million or 35million people in 2005 now. The dead in China seem to become 1.5 billion people in around 2050 if this pace continues. around 2100,it will be 75 billion.
I'm going to have a very hard time accepting that the number of dead in China was only 1.5 million. The Rape of Nanking alone tallied 300,000 a deathtoll. On that and pretty much everything else, Japan's "official" numbers don't jive with the numbers that the rest of the world has, while China's seem to go a overboard. Personally, I believe both sides are guilty of extreme exaggeration of "facts" to strengthen their respective cases and generally make themselves feel better.

The following is Japan's section of Warcrimes from Wikipedia. Bear in mind, Virtually Every Major Participant in World War II has its Own Section of Warcrimes. But this is intended to demonstrate something: The behavior of the Japanese Military within areas we have reliable information on (like the Phillipines) was beyond terrible, and lends a lot of weight to many of China's claims. The overwhelming tendency of Japan to instantly deny ever doing anything wrong only adds more weight to China's claims.
Wikipedia said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_atrocities
That is a source that will be very forthcoming and painstakingly accurate with the details and numbers. Of those warcrimes perpetuated against China alone, the number would exceed the 1.5 million deathtoll quoted. So while 50 million may likely be ridiculous, 1.5 million is equally dishonest.

As one example though it is the most ridiculous
"Japan is using 1% of gained money for the anti-China activity."
Of course,we are not so free to do such foolish things.
Extreme Chinese tells it to have driven it mad. (Actually, they have
gone mad. )
Banish Japanese enterprises from China.
"Don,t buy Japanese Commodities."
actually,they are also made in china.
Do They want to lose Chinese's works and destroy all-china as their father did in cultural revolution?
It is undeniable that China has gotten utterly ridiculous. This is one trouble with the PRC. They like to perpetuate some very big vendettas. Getting back at the West (and Japan) for humiliating them in the 1800's is more of a longterm goal because of the distances involved in doing anything right now. But Japan and Taiwan are grudges that they can take a stab at without having to reach too far at all. The Communist Party of China is perpetuating some very ugly racism against Japan and Japanese. Ultimately, their attempting to take revenge upon the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of the actual Japanese people who did a lot of terrible things to them. In my view, this doesn't make logical sense.

Last edited:
Thank you godofthunder9010.
What you say is correct.
Certainly,The war crime people(including media) might have had to be judged.
After all, the medias that agitated the people to cause the war was
not judged. (especially asahi ,
They were failures in perfection.

Last edited:
I find this ironic (this might be of topic) but did the americans ever apologize for dropping 2 atomic bombs on Japan that killed thousands of inoccent men, women, and children?

Italian Guy said:
Do you remember when Communism was supposed to be "the humankind peaceful haven and the end of all conflcts"?
Sure, check this out.

20060117_05.jpg

Great find Italian guy
I've found many similar propaganda pieces.
I read an article a while back, I'll have to try and find it, That stated the rape of Nanking was a myth. The Japanese army liberated the oppressed peoples within China and killed the Leftist and separatist regimes to liberate thousands of people entrapped within the city.

Could this article carry any merit? Was the Rape of Nanking a giant Propaganda instrument that the Chinese hold over Japan's head?

I find this ironic (this might be of topic) but did the americans ever apologize for dropping 2 atomic bombs on Japan that killed thousands of inoccent men, women, and children?

You're kidding right?

If not, you really need to stop listening to what you're history teacher is feeding you. Another step would be to start reading about the subject.

Forrest_Gump said:
You're kidding right?

If not, you really need to stop listening to what you're history teacher is feeding you. Another step would be to start reading about the subject.

Not to cause a flame war.. but he's right. You are wrong.The US could have dropped either or both bombs in a non-populated areas. The Japanese tried to surrender before they dropped the second bomb. The US dropped it to show the USSR that we indeed have the POWer and would use it.

Nachos.

I believe the Brits did apologise for the needless bombing of Dresden, but the Yanks for dropping the Atomic Bomb twice.... I don't thinks so. It would make a nice gesture though. Even if you think that it was a valid war act, it does clear the air. We all have ot cooperate nowadays and just a tiny "sorry" for lighting up two major cities is just a nice gesture. The war is over and the wounds are healing (still) so why not.
And it might be the same denial to apologise that makes the Chinese madder as hell. I would too if the Germans would say that 5 years of occupation wasn't so bad and only a fraction of the people actually dead. (Thay have already apologised on more then one occasion..)

Ted said:
I believe the Brits did apologise for the needless bombing of Dresden
If memory serves, the Queen recently had a perfect opportunity (within the last couple years) to offer an official appology and didn't. I'm not aware of there ever having been any official appology given by the UK to Germany for Dresden nor the fact that Britain intentionally targetted civilians during its many bombing raids throughout the war. If you can provide a credible source for a British appology, then I'm all for it.

but the Yanks for dropping the Atomic Bomb twice.... I don't thinks so. It would make a nice gesture though. Even if you think that it was a valid war act, it does clear the air. We all have ot cooperate nowadays and just a tiny "sorry" for lighting up two major cities is just a nice gesture.
I was under the impression that the USA had appologized, but since I can't seem to find any source to verify it. I'll keep looking of course.

The statement that "Japan was going to surrender anyways and the USA knew it" is false. The USA did not know one way or the other. I find it extremely interesting that AFTER Nagasaki, there was an attempted coup to kidnap the Emperor and prevent him from going through with the surrender. The discussion of this belongs in another thread, and one already exists for it.

The war is over and the wounds are healing (still) so why not.
And it might be the same denial to apologise that makes the Chinese madder as hell. I would too if the Germans would say that 5 years of occupation wasn't so bad and only a fraction of the people actually dead. (Thay have already apologised on more then one occasion..)
Japan is unique in this aspect. (The USA, for instance, does not outright deny that Hiroshima and Nagasaki even happened.) They have tended to completely deny any knowledge or responsibility for anything they did wrong until confronted with irrefutable evidence. Understandably, this has angered the victims of the Japanese Military brutality. Unfortunately, the Communist Party of China and their media have pushed hard on these items to whip up an anti-Japanese fervor throughout China. Its the same sort of propaganda that came as a precursor to the German invasion of Poland in 1939, so Japan has every reason to be nervous.

To system bolaget

Your childish provocation to me is useless.
I think your abuse to be honored.
And, I will give you the pity instead of anger.
That map is what Chinese made it.
Why do not chinese research the history with Japan and the United States if the insistence of China is correct?
You criticized the textbook that not was even if it read.
Anyway, you might not read.
http://www.tsukurukai.com/
You have the right to criticize it.
It is a right of the people in the democracy country.
However, read first of all.

Last edited:
godofthunder9010 said:
Japan is unique in this aspect. (The USA, for instance, does not outright deny that Hiroshima and Nagasaki even happened.) They have tended to completely deny any knowledge or responsibility for anything they did wrong until confronted with irrefutable evidence. Understandably, this has angered the victims of the Japanese Military brutality. Unfortunately, the Communist Party of China and their media have pushed hard on these items to whip up an anti-Japanese fervor throughout China. Its the same sort of propaganda that came as a precursor to the German invasion of Poland in 1939, so Japan has every reason to be nervous.

You may know this, but let me remind you that China and South Korea are deeply angered over Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi's visit to the Yakuzuni War Shrine, a controversial war shrine where Class A War Criminals are enshrined and honored.

After a recent Japanese Defense Paper and a National Military Parade held in Japan, it is very clear that Japan is moving away from the Self Defense Commitment it held during the Cold War. I asked several questions to several Japanese University Students and a majority of them advocate a more assertive and agressive Japan. They also wish to prevent China from becoming a global power, hence I have a thesis that Japan wants to become a sole leading power in Asia. The two nations are locked in rivalry that are reminicsint of Europe's path to self-destruction during the First World War.

Hidden Horrors: Japanese War Crimes of World War II by Yuki Tanaka

From Publishers Weekly
In a shocking brief that's as much an intellectual artifact as a work of scholarship, Japanese historian Tanaka challenges the idea of Japan as a victim in WWII. The core of his thesis is that in the aftermath of the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905, an "Emperor ideology" based on the "family state" came to dominate Japan. Responsibility was seen as unlimited, while rights existed only in a collective context; this set the stage for various tragedies and atrocities. Tanaka offers several case histories to prove his point. They cover the massacre of more than 2500 Australian prisoners in a Borneo camp, widespread cannibalism by Japanese troops in New Guinea, the shooting of 21 Australian nurses in cold blood and the sexual enslavement of Asian women for the pleasure of Japanese fighting men. Also surveyed are the premeditated murder of 32 civilians, including German missionaries, in 1943; Japanese plans for bacteriological warfare; and the use of prisoners as medical guinea pigs. Tanaka insists that the perpetrators of these brutalities were "ordinary" men enmeshed in a criminal system; he also asserts that people of all nationalities commit atrocities in war. He depicts this era as a definable, relatively brief period during which Japan lost its way and ran amok. This seems no more intellectually acceptable than describing the Third Reich as a historical accident. In fact, Tanaka's study resembles German efforts during the 1950s to come to terms with the immediate past. As such, it is a beginning?no less and no more. Maps and photographs not seen by PW.
Copyright 1996 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

From Kirkus Reviews
A scholar's harrowing if pedantic briefing on largely unpunished and long-ignored atrocities committed by Japan's military during WW II. Drawing on hitherto untapped archives, Tanaka (Unmapped Territories, 1991) documents a series of appalling war crimes that, with few exceptions, have escaped notice in standard histories of the global conflict. In notably dispassionate detail, for example, he recounts the massacre of more than 2,500 Australian and British POWs in a camp called Sandakan on North Borneo, the gratuitous slaughter of 21 nurses on the Indonesian isle of Banka, and the mass murder of civilians (including German missionaries) in the Bismarck archipelago as Allied forces closed in during the spring of 1944. Covered as well is the widespread cannibalism practiced by Japanese soldiers in New Guinea and elsewhere in East Asia. In addition, Tanaka sheds new light on the infamous Unit 731, which conducted horrific medical experiments on helpless prisoners throughout the Pacific theater. He goes on to disclose that US officials unilaterally granted the responsible Japanese physician and his staff immunity from prosecution in return for the information they could provide on Dai Nihon's plans and capacity to wage bacteriological warfare, data that were never shared with other Allied powers. After reviewing the frightful particulars of his case studies, moreover, the author offers anecdotal evidence of similar behavior by other belligerents, eventually concluding, however, that Japanese barbarity was sui generis. In a concluding chapter, Tanaka attempts to explain without excusing the aberrant conduct of imperial troops on and off the front lines, citing among other factors the authoritarian basis of Japanese morality. Shocking annals that bear gruesome witness to the darker realities of what historian John W. Dower (who contributed a thoughtful foreword to the American edition) called a war without mercy. (photos, not seen; maps) -- Copyright ©1996, Kirkus Associates, LP. All rights reserved. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0813327180/002-4246099-0133609?v=glance&n=283155

I understand that these Anti-Japanese movements in China and South Korea has become greatly concerning.

But the core of this problem lays in this ugly segment of Japan's history.

Last edited:
You may know this, but let me remind you that China and South Korea are deeply angered over Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi's visit to the Yakuzuni War Shrine, a controversial war shrine where Class A War Criminals are enshrined and honored.

After a recent Japanese Defense Paper and a National Military Parade held in Japan, it is very clear that Japan is moving away from the Self Defense Commitment it held during the Cold War. I asked several questions to several Japanese University Students and a majority of them advocate a more assertive and agressive Japan.
Prime Minister from generation to generation also went there. waht
?
and
×yakuzuni
○yasukuni
Is your remark a joke?
After a recent Japanese Defense Paper and a National Military Parade held in Japan, it is very clear that Japan is moving away from the Self Defense Commitment it held during the Cold War. I asked several questions to several Japanese University Students and a majority of them advocate a more assertive and agressive Japan. They also wish to prevent China from becoming a global power, hence I have a thesis that Japan wants to become a sole leading power in Asia. The two nations are locked in rivalry that are reminicsint of Europe's path to self-destruction during the First World War.

Do you think the location of the future in Asia that a bad dictator sixthly
in the world leads?
The Indian threat theory is not discussed in Japan though it and India
increase the power.

http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2006/edition_01-22-2006/Dictators

Hidden Horrors: Japanese War Crimes of World War II by Yuki Tanaka

That is necessary of the investigation.
It is being written that the confirmation is not taken in that book.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
This is in the historical novel, too.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1859845428/qid=1130397981/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-3633541-2084967?n=507846&s=books&v=glance
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
There is something to which the lie is obviously written in the book on anti-Japan.
As an example of a doubtful thing
Book that Chinese wrote
Book that Japanese wrote
Assuming that it is possible to trust it oppositely
Book that professor at famous university wrote

http://newsbusters.org/node/2398
There is a good satire concerning the report though it is unrelated to here.
Also in Nanjing, the reporter who did not have going to the site and seen what either wrote the article.
Did old reporters have a prospect ability?

Back