Anthill

prot

:jump:I dont know does any other army have this kind of orientation, it is about determining cardinal directions with little help of anthill! There was some old army manual about map reading, which stupid generals printed, and (we dont use this sh..t anymore) that was some nco favorite way to teach soldiers, what to do when you don t have a compass, map and other stuff.

So story goes: Sgt told to soldiers around him, that ants like to build their entrance to anthill, on the south side, because is wormer than north, and soldiers (not really clever group), shake their heds, ok sgt.

One soldiers stand up and ask, sorry sgt, but there is a exit from anthill , if entrance is on south .

I dont know is this funny or not, but it killing me to translate this story, which is thrue.

Last edited:
hehehe yeah I get the idea.
There's a lot of those things about finding North and South... makes you wonder if sometimes they're over doing it.

A ha

hehehe yeah I get the idea.
There's a lot of those things about finding North and South... makes you wonder if sometimes they're over doing it.

And most of those things, especialy in moderne warfare, are useless. But i i guess, maybe those things are part of tradition, or just things who s are good to know.

See you!

Why?

Why look for an anthill when you can just stare up at the sky looking at your watch?

Yes, sure, but there is cloudy weather, or night, and you don t have a watch. That would be an instructor answer, not mine.

Stupid is not?

Stay well my brother:)

P.S. What a nobel and clever discussion we run, ha, ha!

Back