Another Wedge In Franco American Relations (Cannes)

DTop

It seems the French have driven another wedge of Brie between themselves and us.

Moore's Politics on Center Stage at Cannes
(AP) Sunday May 23 12:55 PM ET
"Fahrenheit 9/11" put Michael Moore's politics at center stage at the Cannes Film Festival. And there they stayed, right up to the closing act, when he accepted the top prize. The message of Moore's film that White House foreign policy since the Sept. 11 attacks has been disastrous generated so much sympathy here that jury president Quentin Tarantino worried Moore might misinterpret the jury's intentions.

http://movies.yahoo.com/cannes/

Dont know what that has to do with the relations of france and usa, if it had any bad influence, i think they both should be ashamed.

Let's see, Cannes is the film festival held in France, correct? The awards committee is heavily populated by Frenchmen, correct? Their top award was given to a blatantly anti-Bush film, correct? Hmm connection? I don't know maybe just a coincidence huh?
It seems to me that this is an attempt to lend legitimacy to this hitherto unreleased (Disney via Miramax refused to release it). The award was quite obviously politically oriented.
If you read the article, you'll find this.
"Fahrenheit 9/11" accuses the Bush camp of stealing the 2000 election, overlooking terrorism warnings before Sept. 11 and fanning fears of more attacks to secure Americans' support for the Iraq war.

Moore's assault on U.S. policy got him into trouble with Disney, which refused to let subsidiary Miramax release "Fahrenheit 9/11."

I find the award nothing but an anti-American political statement. I would also say that I am not surprised in the least.
You said
Dont know what that has to do with the relations of france and usa, if it had any bad influence, i think they both should be ashamed.
I would ask you what "both" you're referring to? To me there are no sides in this. This is just an account of another political antic. Take it for whatever you think it's worth.

POOF them all who cares ? They like to make movies ( at least thats what theyu call their crap ). Some other people make history, thank God.

Mod edit: ;)

Back