Another RE4 question:(

Marine11

Good morning gentlemen,

I know what has been said so far about reenlisting with an RE4 but please hear me out on this one and lemme know what you think my chances are. I was honorably discharged back in January of '07 for having a personality disorder (JFX with an RE4 and an Honorable Discharge). I want desperately to reenlist so approximately one year ago, I went through the VA to get a request form to change my military records. I submitted it to the Coast Guard Headquarters in D.C. and they responded within a month or so telling me where and when I would be given my review board.

Since my discharge I received counciling, graduated from college, and received several letters of recommendation from employers, professors, and from 2 psychiatrists. I brought everything with me to D.C., as instructed, and was heard by the board. During this process, they were very friendly, listened to my case, and seemed to be generally optimistic (I feel that they would have informed me flat-out if there was no chance based on my DD-214s). They asked me a series of questions regarding my circumstances, I answered truthfully and they said they'd discuss it, send it in, and I should expect an answer within 10 months.

The reason I'm writing this isn't to get a warm- fuzzy boost of encouragement. I just want to know whether or not there is any hope, based on the impression I got and the work I put into making a case for myself of being able to wear a uniform again. I want to apologize to you guys and anyone who has completed their service honorably and without complication. I know I didn't try my hardest before and all I want now is to finish what I started. Thank you for your help and Semper Fi.

i have a stupid question i'm sorry i wrote just for this but my curiosity is too strong haha umm your a marine right? and your reenlisting in the marines? and you submitted your request to the coast guard headquarters why? marines coast guard?

Back