Another La. Town Bans Saggy Pants

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Another La. Town Bans Saggy Pants
PORT ALLEN, La. (AP) - With a councilman saying underwear "is called underwear for a reason," another Cajun-country town has banned saggy pants from its streets. The ordinance, passed unanimously Monday by the Port Allen City Council, requires pants to be secured at the waist so they do not fall...

The city I work for is thinking about doing it....

I love the idea and the reason behind a ban to happen but I cannot support it. It goes against a person's civil rights. What right does the government have in what we the people can and cannot wear or how we dress.

I hate ghetto rap fashion and I wish it did not exist but I cannot approve of the government telling folks what they can and cannot do. I'm not a fence sitter on this topic.

It's the same as if the government told me that I can no longer wear leather boots with blue jeans or that wearing a GLOCK brand Ball Cap is wrong.

Sorry, but this is an area (like many other) that I believe that the government should keep their damn noises out of.

My parish (Iberia) is considering it, and really I don't approve of sagging, but it does make homeboys running from tha po-leese that much easier to catch when they can't jump a crackhouse fence because their belt runs perpendicular to the crack of their ***.

The city I work for is thinking about doing it....

I love the idea and the reason behind a ban to happen but I cannot support it. It goes against a person's civil rights. What right does the government have in what we the people can and cannot wear or how we dress.

I hate ghetto rap fashion and I wish it did not exist but I cannot approve of the government telling folks what they can and cannot do. I'm not a fence sitter on this topic.

It's the same as if the government told me that I can no longer wear leather boots with blue jeans or that wearing a GLOCK brand Ball Cap is wrong.

Sorry, but this is an area (like many other) that I believe that the government should keep their damn noises out of.

You made a good point here.

However, if I ran the world the "rap fashion" would be illegal. And I would tazer anyone who opposed my rule. :dive:

You made a good point here.

However, if I ran the world the "rap fashion" would be illegal. And I would tazer anyone who opposed my rule. :dive:

Same here.... But still, passing laws on how someone dresses isn't the right thing to do. I hate rap and ghetto culture. But just because I don't like it or approve of it doesn't mean it's right to target those that do enjoy it.

50 years ago, all of the stuff I listen to would have been called devil music. Rock N' Roll... Metallica, MegaDeath, Avenged Sevenfold, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Elvis, Beach Boys, etc....

I never understood the sag, but I listened to a report done on NPR (I like to know what the enemy is thinking) and they had indicated that it has gotten to the point where bare a** is now showing.
Don't get me wrong - the woman and those hip huggers showing the right amount of jack-in-the-crack is nice (providing it ain't over 120 lbs), but dudes - no thanks...
Here is the kicker though, if bare a** is showing, then ordinances exist for public indecency. Why another law? Why open the door to dictating what people can and can't wear?

I never understood the sag, but I listened to a report done on NPR (I like to know what the enemy is thinking) and they had indicated that it has gotten to the point where bare a** is now showing.
Don't get me wrong - the woman and those hip huggers showing the right amount of jack-in-the-crack is nice (providing it ain't over 120 lbs), but dudes - no thanks...
Here is the kicker though, if bare a** is showing, then ordinances exist for public indecency. Why another law? Why open the door to dictating what people can and can't wear?

You have a point of public indecency laws. Going after them that way would work and I'm not against that because showing of bare skin (@$$) is something that targets everyone. It's equal..... and yeah, I like the girls wearing the low rider hip hugger jeans with the thong undies..... :wink:

As for listening to NPR, I do the same. I also watch CNN, MSNC, CNBC, and the Big three new programs to get an idea what they're thinking. I also hit the newspaper websites often too. Only place I haven't hit yet is Democratic Underground. they're just to crazy to read.

Back