Another Hurricane....

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Well as a citizen of the great state of Florida, I am once again getting ready for another hurricane. I am buying canned food and bottled water, I'm filling up my jerry cans and getting the generator ready for use if needed, I'm making sure that the gas tank in my truck is topped off.

I'm not like those damn liberals in New Orleans that did nothing. I prepare to take care of myself and my loved ones. I have never waited in line for the government to bail me out. And lastly, if I need to leave I will.

But will I leave, nope. As a police officer I will stay and stand my ground. We will be going on Alpha Bravo shift. 12 on 12 off. Half of the department per 12 hour shift.

In the end, Florida goes through Hurricanes all the time. We've been hit my Andrew and other large storms and survived without any issues. It's because of a different mind set. Most of Florida doesn't think like a liberal. We take care of ourselves and don't stand with our hands out asking for free food.

Just like the good books says. the Good Lord will help you if you help yourself.

I didn't mention democrats, I mentioned liberals.

Liberals depend on the government and others for their safety and security.

Last edited:
5.56X45mm said:
Well as a citizen of the great state of Florida, I am once again getting ready for another hurricane. I am buying canned food and bottled water, I'm filling up my jerry cans and getting the generator ready for use if needed, I'm making sure that the gas tank in my truck is topped off.

I'm not like those damn liberals in New Orleans that did nothing. I prepare to take care of myself and my loved ones. I have never waited in line for the government to bail me out. And lastly, if I need to leave I will.

But will I leave, nope. As a police officer I will stay and stand my ground. We will be going on Alpha Bravo shift. 12 on 12 off. Half of the department per 12 hour shift.

In the end, Florida goes through Hurricanes all the time. We've been hit my Andrew and other large storms and survived without any issues. It's because of a different mind set. Most of Florida doesn't think like a liberal. We take care of ourselves and don't stand with our hands out asking for free food.

Just like the good books says. the Good Lord will help you if you help yourself.
Now that we have exhausted the political aspect of the thread...:-D Good luck to you, and Im sure you will be fine.

I have to admit that you are right on that one Luis..... I don't do it with pleasure, but I took it into the Dem/Rep arena too quickly!

Well, luckly Hurricane Ernesto became Tropical Storm Ernesto. And I'm glad that this tropical storm is nothing but a normal rain storm.

So I now have 30 gallons of gas sitting in my garage. Which means that I still can't smoke there. Oh well.... at least i don't have to go to the Gas Station for another two weeks.

Hurricane talking points memo???????????

I would still like to hear his take on how Republicans did after Katrina. I didn't see any signs at any of the rescue and aid centers that were labelled Republicans (or) Democrats. What I saw were people who's lives had just been turned upside down.

Trying to make a hurricane into a talking points memo is low even for a Republican Conservative (or) a Democratic Liberal.

Hurricanes are no respecter of any political philosophy (or) party.

Back