Another example of hypocritical Europe.

Rabs

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/article335198.ece

Britain and Sweden are the only European countries honouring their Kyoto commitments to cut greenhouse gasses, according to a think-tank report. Although the US is portrayed as the ecological villain for refusing to sign up to the agreement, 10 out of the 15 European Union signatories - including Ireland, Italy and Spain - will miss their targets without urgent action, the Institute for Public Policy Research found.
France, Greece and Germany are given "amber warnings" and will only achieve the objectives if planned policies are successfully carried out......

China is exempt from the Kyoto Protocols as they have "developing nation" status.
:roll:
So the Europeans are going to miss their targets at least they are making some sort of effort unlike my host country.

Politics IS hypocrisy in action.

Last edited:
Wow Rabs, you outdid yourself again. You missed out Holland in your list. I'm paying all sort of taxes nowadays so we can meet the agreements. But if you call those who won't make it hypocrits, what do you call the US. They are the major contributor to the polution problem. Because you want to drive for half a buck for a gallon and a '56 Chevy to any given location on any given time.
Maybe we are hypocrits because we are not taking this so serious any longer because the US and China will polute the world for us. Who cares if we just manage to get lifeforms back into our little canals. On a scale of one to ten this is about 0,000015 on that scale. We need everybody to at least try and do something about it.
Maybe we are hypocrites because we say that we'll cut polution of CO2 and fail. I call it egoistic to not even try and political cowardice not to address this problem. If you know it is an unpopular subject, that doesn't make it any less important. Better a failing hypocrite then a desinterested coward.

Ted, I believe that some states in the US have already taken on the requirements of the protocol despite the squeals of anguish from big business.

Last edited:
A nation is not hypocritical if it attempts to comply with the requirement. At least they tried.

(and before anybody says anything I know Australia isn't a signatory to the agreement)

We have laws in the US that aim to limit greenhouse gas emissions and the use of Ethanol is on the rise with more and more vehicles designed to run on E-85.

And yes, I would bet money that the US did not sign partially because China is not subject to the accords and if they are allowed to grow and grow while we have to stop we fall behind in what could possibly become a new cold war.

Okay, everyone says that America is destorying the environment.

Man has been on this Earth for about Two Million Years. And within those two million years. Man has become industrialized within the last 100 years. That's less than a mili-second in the time of the world. When a Volcano erupts. It pumps out more carbon dioxide and other pollutants in five minutes than what man has done in fifty years.

Man is the top creature of nature. We don't destory the environment. We are the environment. Once you damn hippies figure that out ans shut up. The world will be a better place.

And lastly, we hunters help the environment in the USA more than damn hippies do.

Because you want to drive for half a buck for a gallon and a '56 Chevy to any given location on any given time.
Not only do we want to but we CAN, preferbally with some Johnny Cash on the radio, and a 12 point buck in the back. Thank you Tedith the Redith for pointing out why America is the finest nation on earth.

Last edited:
If all, YES ALL nations completely discontinues producing so-called greenhouse gases, it would cut production by only 15 percent!!!

Planetary temperatures vary over the centuries, without influence from man. Thus has it always been.

85 Percent of so called green house gases come from natural sources. Which tends to make one believe that environmentalists are misinformed, misguided blowhards!

Chicken Little, anyone?

Oh yes, keep in mind that we are also just emerging from a mini ice age which has had a huge influence on world history over the last 500 years.

5.56X45mm said:
Okay, everyone says that America is destorying the environment.

Man has been on this Earth for about Two Million Years. And within those two million years. Man has become industrialized within the last 100 years. That's less than a mili-second in the time of the world. When a Volcano erupts. It pumps out more carbon dioxide and other pollutants in five minutes than what man has done in fifty years.

Man is the top creature of nature. We don't destory the environment. We are the environment. Once you damn hippies figure that out ans shut up. The world will be a better place.

And lastly, we hunters help the environment in the USA more than damn hippies do.

Check this out.... it is an American website. It is a primer on global warming

http://www.whrc.org/resources/online_publications/warming_earth/

localgrizzly said:
Good grief, Damien, Don't try to confuse environmenmtalists with facts.

As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use. You can't keep your head stuck in the sand forever.:wink:

Rabs said:
Not only do we want to but we CAN, preferbally with some Johnny Cash on the radio, and a 12 point buck in the back. Thank you Tedith the Redith for pointing out why America is the finest nation on earth.

Oh boy Rabs, how much I love to disagree with you, this does sound like a blast. Especially the Johnny E. Cash bit.... driving down to Arkansas to see his sharecropper's home! Sit out in the sun with a six pack Heineken brought with me cause the stuff you drink ain't proper beer :viking: . But I'll leave that for another discussion!

p.s. On a serious note; I know that the earth's temp is cyclic. That is a fact and it will happen regardless of what we do. But it is the pace with which it is taking place. Nature can't adapt that quick and in the end a huge deal will become extinct. That is the point IMO.

Ted said:
Oh the stuff you drink ain't proper beer :viking: . But I'll leave that for another discussion!

In that, my friend, you are, unfortunately correct. (Although, IMHO Heinekin isn't much better.)

It seems that if you want good beer, you must import from the British Isles.:wink:

Well LG, my opinion on British beer is made by the uber-brits from The Specials: " the beer tastes just like piss". I have tried on many occasions to drink this foul smelling, warm syrup, which reminds me of travel diarrhea. I prefer a strong Belgian tripple beer anyday of the week. For Pilzerner I'll have a Czech or German pilz. The only decent beer from that island is made by the Irish!! (Sorry for bringing that up guys)

Only in this forum could a thread about global warming end up being a pissing contest about beer.
:)

Back