Another deep thinking Dem.

Anyone here think that OP actually stood for ORIGINAL POSTER.

Nope not me. May be you can get someone else to buy your excuse.:lol: Sounds as lame as, "my dog at my homework".

It also looks like you tried to form a question, but forgot the question mark.

It seems that this thread has gone a long way :eek:fftopic: from the the original serious question concerning the possibility of Guam tipping and capsizing below the waves.:(

Gotta love semantics, eh George? Unfortunately, he was still an extremely prominent figure of the GOP.

George, I agree with Henderson here. You are are arguing the tiniest trivialities to avoid having to admit what everyone here already knew as a established fact. The fact it was the Vice President not the President is a utterly pointless rebuttal.
Adding an E to the end of potato is silly vs Obama's "57 States" comment that is brushed off by his supporters. Comparing a misspelling to a guy who thinks islands capsize is a bit out of proportion. Rob must be the only guy who thinks Quayle is of any prominence in the GOP, outside of being a footnote in history due to a minor spelling gaffe.

Vice President isn't a prominent figure?

Sarah Palin is the single reason the Republican Party lost the '08 presidential election! John McCain was in poor health, and NO ONE (outside the right wing nut jobs) wanted to see that "pit bull" as the President of the entire country. She couldn't even handle the least populated state in the country!

Chukpike, you're baiting. Just because you can't accept the fact that you were wrong doesn't mean you're right. Perhaps you should brush up on your internet forum lingo.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/OP.html

Definition number 6, if you please. ;)

Sarah Palin is the single reason the Republican Party lost the '08 presidential election! John McCain was in poor health, and NO ONE (outside the right wing nut jobs) wanted to see that "pit bull" as the President of the entire country. She couldn't even handle the least populated state in the country!

Chukpike, you're baiting. Just because you can't accept the fact that you were wrong doesn't mean you're right. Perhaps you should brush up on your internet forum lingo.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/OP.html

Definition number 6, if you please. ;)

You can wiggle as much as you want but a acronym with 105 definitions would seem to be meaningless, I like my idea better.:lol: And read your sentence, GOP fits better than "original poster".

Can't help it if you don't have a sense of humor. There is nothing meaningful in this thread, so why can't we joke about it? The thread started as a joke and what has changed?

I refuse to respond unless you return to the TOPIC!:-D
Topic is about islands falling or being pushed over by Democrats, I think? It has been so long since anyone has addressed the original topic.

You can wiggle as much as you want but a acronym with 105 definitions would seem to be meaningless, I like my idea better.:lol: And read your sentence, GOP fits better than "original poster".
Of course you like your idea better, you came up with it. :roll:

My sentence means exactly what it says. It was an attempt to show Democrats in a negative light but it backfired on the ORIGINAL POSTER. It fits perfectly.
Can't help it if you don't have a sense of humor. There is nothing meaningful in this thread, so why can't we joke about it? The thread started as a joke and what has changed?
If it was a joke, why was it not posted in the Jokes and Humor section of our forum?
I refuse to respond unless you return to the TOPIC!:-D
Topic is about islands falling or being pushed over by Democrats, I think? It has been so long since anyone has addressed the original topic.
See? You yourself don't even know what the topic is about. Being pushed over by Democrats. Jeeze.

http://
Biden is, if nothing more than his ability to do Foot in mouth & being one heart beat away from the top job. Cheney & Gore are prominent Ex V.P.s. Dan Quayle isn't. Geo. H W Bush wasn't exactly a political giant while VP, he needed a running mate that wouldn't be more prominent than himself, so he went with the obscure Quayle. When Bush 1 ran for reelection I thought that he should have dumped Quayle for someone else, like Cal. Gov Dukemajian. This time everyone knew Obama's qualifications were paper thin so he added "expierience" by going with Biden.

I love that you address every GOP candidate for President/Vice President for the last 20 years EXCEPT FOR the example I listed. Well done, sir. Very well done. Haha.

I love that you address every GOP candidate for President/Vice President for the last 20 years EXCEPT FOR the example I listed. Well done, sir. Very well done. Haha.
Except you're the one who said Quayle is a prominent Republican. Palin was a VP nominee, not a VP.

Biden is, if nothing more than his ability to do Foot in mouth & being one heart beat away from the top job. Cheney & Gore are prominent Ex V.P.s. Dan Quayle isn't. Geo. H W Bush wasn't exactly a political giant while VP, he needed a running mate that wouldn't be more prominent than himself, so he went with the obscure Quayle. When Bush 1 ran for reelection I thought that he should have dumped Quayle for someone else, like Cal. Gov Dukemajian. This time everyone knew Obama's qualifications were paper thin so he added "expierience" by going with Biden.

To be fair it is pretty hard to beat Quayle for foot in mouth quotes...

- It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago.
- We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world.
- It's a very good historical book about history.
- What you guys want, I'm for.
- Bank failures are caused by depositors who don't deposit enough money to cover losses due to mismanagement.
- For NASA, space is still a high priority.
- Bobby Knight told me this: 'There is nothing that a good defense cannot beat a better offense.' In other words a good offense wins.
- I deserve respect for the things I did not do.
- I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.
- I understand the importance of bondage between parent and child.
- Japan is an important ally of ours. Japan and the United States of the Western industrialized capacity, 60 percent of the GNP, two countries. That's a statement in and of itself.
- My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will, never, never surrender to what is right.
- This President is going to lead us out of this recovery.

To be fair it is pretty hard to beat Quayle for foot in mouth quotes...

- It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago.
- We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world.
- It's a very good historical book about history.
- What you guys want, I'm for.
- Bank failures are caused by depositors who don't deposit enough money to cover losses due to mismanagement.
- For NASA, space is still a high priority.
- Bobby Knight told me this: 'There is nothing that a good defense cannot beat a better offense.' In other words a good offense wins.
- I deserve respect for the things I did not do.
- I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.
- I understand the importance of bondage between parent and child.
- Japan is an important ally of ours. Japan and the United States of the Western industrialized capacity, 60 percent of the GNP, two countries. That's a statement in and of itself.
- My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will, never, never surrender to what is right.
- This President is going to lead us out of this recovery.
Like I said, if I was Bush 1 I would have picked a diffrent running mate on the reelection try. But the main thing is that Rob has made the comment a couple times that Quayle is still a person of importance in the GOP of today, simply not true.

The position of Vice President is an important position. Here is a list of things the Vice President is responsible for: First and foremost, he is the next in line if the President should be somehow removed from office. Second, he is the President of the Senate, in the event of a tie, it is left up to the VP (sounds pretty damned important to me, don't you think?). The President of the Senate is also responsible for the counting and presentation of the votes of the Electoral College.

These are just a few of the duties the Vice President must take on when he enters the office. Tell me, George, would you feel comfortable having just *anyone* in this office with these responsibilities?

I'll go ahead and answer for you, NO. You wouldn't. That's why John McCain didn't win the election, as I said before. At least, one of the reasons. No one trusted Sarah Palin to be the head of this nation, so they didn't let John McCain give her the chance.

Back