Another black leader? Lewis Hamilton

perseus

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on becoming the youngest driver ever to win the Formula 1 Drivers championship, in one of the most thrilling finishes I've ever seen in the history of sport. In the last race of the season Hamilton had to only finish 5th in the race to win the championship by 1 point. After retaining that position or better for nearly all of the race using a conservative strategy it began to rain a few laps before the end of the race causing most of the drivers to pit for wet tyres. This threw the cat amongst the pigeons, and when Hamilton came out he was in 6th place and he seemed doomed to miss the championship by a small margin again.

Massa his main rival had already finished and his Ferrari team was celebrating, however unknown to almost everyone one of the leading drivers Timo Glock was still in front because he hadn't pitted and was still on slicks. It began to rain harder and he was almost totally losing grip. One bend from the end of the race Hamilton overtook him to take 5th place and the championship. Has there ever been a closer event in the world of sport.

Perhaps it's an omen for another race!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0D63WnBwYWs

no offense, and I am happy that you have a champion, but Lewis Hamilton is one of the most reckless drivers in all of motorsports today. If he can't be first, he will wreck those ahead of him or end of wrecked himself.

I am not the only one of this opinion, just listen to the boo's as he got out of the car.

That is because the Grand prix was in Brazil and his opponent who had lost by 1 point was their champion Massa. I admit he's impulsive and this has been his undoing last season, but compared with Schumacher he is an angel.

That is because the Grand prix was in Brazil and his opponent who had lost by 1 point was their champion Massa. I admit he's impulsive and this has been his undoing last season, but compared with Schumacher he is an angel.

After Lewis breaks all of Schumachers racing records, then you "might" be able to compare Lewis to Schumacher... But for now, he isn't even close.

Come to think of it the booing could have been compounded for a number of other reasons. Our police recently blew the brains of an innocent Brazilian civilian all over a underground train thinking he was a terrorist bomber, and a certain little excursion to the Middle east doesn't make Britain popular anywhere except the US.

I don't know much about Formula 1 racing... But Dale Earnhardt was not the nicest driver on the track, but he was certainly the most respected/revered/looked up to.

I don't know much about Formula 1 racing... But Dale Earnhardt was not the nicest driver on the track, but he was certainly the most respected/revered/looked up to.
at the end of his career, anyway. At the beginning he was more of the hated bully while everybody swooned over the Pettys.

Do you know of any succesful motor racing drivers that were not aggressive? Perhaps it is an essential trait? Senna (speak ill of the dead) once excused his behaviour by saying "Well I am Senna".

Do you know of any succesful motor racing drivers that were not aggressive? Perhaps it is an essential trait? Senna (speak ill of the dead) once excused his behaviour by saying "Well I am Senna".
Reminds me of "Manny Being Manny" here. But he's not a driver, he's just a moron.

And there is such thing as overly agressive. It's the reason cars always fell apart with Andrettis at the wheel; they drove them too hard and the cars didn't survive the race. Mario's one F1 Championship was only secured when the points leader blew himself up.

aggressive v.s. stupidity..... it depends on what you do and where you do it on the track being aggressive. Stupid is being aggressive EVERYWHERE on the track.

Seems to me like he just sucks... LOL. Not much aggressiveness as stupidity, like you said... OK, previous statements retracted... He's no where NEAR Dale Earnhardt... At least that man knew how to drive.

What we have here is the World Champion, who missed last year's championship by a mere whisker; a young guy, who has been a credit to the game since he was 13.

He knows he is still learning, but I heard the same criticisms of Schumacher and Ayrton Senna; it sometimes seemed to me that their 'crime' was winning. And comparisons with those will have to wait, until history has spoken. I think the best money is on him to be a great, perhaps the great.

Back