Smith & Wesson Model 66-2 Target Revolver

Caliber - .357 Magnum / .38 S&W Special +P+
Barrel Length - 4 inches
Frame Size - K Frame
Finish - Polished Stainless Steel
Action - Double Action Revolver
Capacity - Six Rounds
Price - $300.00 (US) USED
Extras - Target Hammer, Target Trigger, Pachmayr Gripper Grips, & Zippered Felt Lined Gun Case

The S&W Model 66 is a K framed double action revolver. It is the stainless steel version of the S&W Model 19. The S&W Model 66 was a very popular series of revolver for American law enforcement before the days of semi-autos. This particular model is a S&W 66-2. What that means is that this revolver was made after 1982. S&W Model 66s made before 1982 had pinned barrels and recessed cylinders. After 1982, S&W stopped doing that on the S&W Model 66 series of revolvers and started calling them S&W Model 66-2 revolvers.

What makes this revolver rare is that it has the factory installed target trigger and hammer. S&W did not produce many target model 66-2 revolvers. The action and lock work are tight and smooth. The previous owner of this revolver knew how to take care of it. And now I am it's new current owner.... Finding deals on revolvers like these make me glad that I live in Florida. Not some place like New York City, France, or Australia.

PHOTOS COMING SOON

Last edited:
SWModel66houge.jpg

I see the pics fine. Looks like a real sweet piece, though personally I wouldn't bother with a revolver unless it was .454 Casull through .500 Magnum. :santam16:

Back