Another Abu Ghraib?

Corocotta

A German citizen, Khaled el Masri, says he was taken on a CIA plane and sent to Afghanistan where he says he was stripped, beaten and abused.

He was interrogated by American agents for months, el Masri said, and at one point was told "you are here in a land where there are no laws. No one knows about you or where you are."

El Masri was released by the United States after four months without being charged with any crime.

And others have come forward with their stories as well. Maher Arar, a Canadian, was sent to Syria in 2003 where he says he was tortured for 10 months. Mamdouh Habib, an Australian, claims he was transferred by U.S. agents from Pakistan to Egypt in 2001, where he says he was tortured for six months before being taken to Guantanamo Bay.

Some officials have already begun to decry the consequences of the rendition program.

"Like Abu Ghraib, it took a while for the outrage to build," said Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass. "The more the American people find out we are allowing other countries to torture in our name, there is going to be an outcry across this country."

ciayet.jpg

CIA yet

So you're suggesting that we capture/kidnap foreign nationals, torture them for months on end, make dead sure they know who their captors are, and then buy them a plane ticket home? Makes sense to me.

Yeah. And besides thats not a CIA aircraft. That belongs to the "Men in Black" if you look closely you can see Tommy Lee Jones at the controls :roll: :p

dont you get sick of finding anti american website with a conspiratorial tone?
seriously, ur like a broken record

i looked at two of those site and that truthout one seems to be a nice simple site which collects articles from other website which have a stance which suits them and they copy and paste, with references. but they dont actually tell you anything about who runs the site or what thier objectives are, so for all we know they could be patriotic americans who are collecting anti american articles in order to send up the people who oppose them and to discredit them by showing how easy it is to throw mud

This guy doesn't discuss anything because the few times he has he's been so full of glaring inaccuracies that even he's acknowledged it and now he just confines himself to repeatedly posting web links and making anti-American post, after anti-American post, after anti-American post, after anti-American post, etc ad infinitum.

Mod Edit: No need to repeat 1000 times. we got the point when you wrote " ad infinitum"....

This is off topic but what is with people always trying to come up with these conspiracy theories like when that Italian journalist was shot there were articles saying Americans attack journalist intentionally or that it was a personal attack. I believe the reward for a dead American was like $500 U.S. in ramadi last year, if we wanted to kill the Italian journalist we would of hired the same thugs trying to kill us now and Italy would be screaming its head off and it would probably of made us look better at that price i could of hired some one to kill her. I am sure we could do the same for these interrogations, why would we keep him alive afterwards American society seems to have allot higher regard for human life then the Iraqi culture I dare to say its true for allot of other cultures the human life is cheap it cost the price of a 9mm round and maybe some cement shoes to throw them in the river or you could use rocks and save a penny.
just the rumblings of a intoxicated scout.

untitled32mb.png

If you look at where I circled in red. It is obviously a foreigner being pulled along by the jet as they take off for interrogation.

why can't you see that people are willing to believe bad things about america because it's VERY EASY.

there is significant anti american feeling globally, so why act all surprised and angry when someone brings it up...just make your point and go from there

how about we pick up from where we left off....

this is from when the story about the CIA plane first surfaced;
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7796&highlight=

and this thread talks about the rights (or lack there of) of terrorist under the Geneva convention
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8205&start=0

When they say nothing else, I take exception to it. That's called country bashing. It isn't allowed here. Figures you'd stick up for him as you _know_ the only thing making you different from him is that you do occasionally talk about something else and you do defend your views. If he said other things occasionally, if he criticized some other countries he might be taken as having some real thought behind his ideas. When they do _not_ debate their contentions but just make vague posts refering to web sites with no other intent than to incite you're a troll. Nothing more complicated than that.

Sorry mods for the repetition. My intent was to illustrate the frustration with _his_ annoying repetition.

i'm sure personal attacks aren't allowed either,

this guy is obviously learning things...instead of running him down all the time, how 'bout pointing him in the right direction?

conspiracy thoeries involving the US are over represented on the internet...partly because they come from US citizens...not really surprising that he has found these conspiracies over the NZ "pie in the briefcase" spy scandal.

It would be an attack if it wasn't a statement of fact. Please, list for me the positive statements you've made about America or for that matter how many negative statements have you made about any _other_ country?

zimbabwe, britian, china, australia....

all have policies/regiems i find dispicable.

but thats off topic....so i say again, why don't we pick up those threads where we left off...i was re reading them and they are a brilliant couple of threads

i confine all my bitching about New Zealand to www.punkas.com in the current affair forum, and i go by the name Inferno_dun...so go nuts

"zimbabwe, britian, china, australia....

all have policies/regiems i find dispicable."

And I'm only now just hearing about this?

"i confine all my bitching about New Zealand to www.punkas.com in the current affair forum, and i go by the name Inferno_dun...so go nuts"

And you come here to do your anti-American bitching. What a nice agenda.

Charge_7 said:
When they say nothing else, I take exception to it. That's called country bashing. It isn't allowed here. Figures you'd stick up for him as you _know_ the only thing making you different from him is that you do occasionally talk about something else and you do defend your views. If he said other things occasionally, if he criticized some other countries he might be taken as having some real thought behind his ideas. When they do _not_ debate their contentions but just make vague posts refering to web sites with no other intent than to incite you're a troll. Nothing more complicated than that.

Sorry mods for the repetition. My intent was to illustrate the frustration with _his_ annoying repetition.

I am just trying to get into a dialogue, but my topics are constantly locked or offtopic.

That is why you need to post your opinion in the first post. Leading to a discousion and the chances of going off topic diminish.

I think on this needful war on terrorism we have to fight with wisdom, like the title above says. We have to use democratic ways for the fight, if we don´t, what will make us different of this fanatics?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm getting from your last post, staurofilakes, is that everyone involved isn't fighting the war in a moral way. As in, we are just as bad as the insurgents themselves.

Back