Another Abu Ghraib? - Page 7

--
Boots

March 18th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Quote:
There are those of us who are willing to actually do something to bring security to our people and freedom to the peoples of foreign nations.
Wait a sec I will try to get some rousing and patriotic music in the background while I try not to laugh and to be perfectly honest I am not likely to be overly influenced by a man who's sole understanding of the world more than likely comes from watching Fox news while polishing his gun collection.
[/quote]

Don't really agree with all of that but close (I polish my boots)
March 18th, 2005  
Redneck

Quote:
Wait a sec I will try to get some rousing and patriotic music in the background while I try not to laugh and to be perfectly honest I am not likely to be overly influenced by a man who's sole understanding of the world more than likely comes from watching Fox news while polishing his gun collection.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade there partner, but if you start to make posts that have absolutely no purpose beyond insulting another poster (myself included) I'm going to have to start banning you.

I am curious though about how cynicism and an absolute willingness to believe anything negative you hear about the world is oddly more respectable than optimism and an unwillingness to believe that everyone in authority is an inhuman monster.
March 18th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I don't believe the leftist rhetoric about American causes for war all the time.
I believe that very often America intervenes to make life better for those who are less fortunate.
When people saw the starving people of Somalia. Who answered the call? The USA did. Everyone knew the horrors going on there but only one country had the guts to do anything about it. There was nothing to gain from the Somali operation other than the improvement of lives of Somalis
Just why did America actually go through the trouble of trying to make Afghanistan a better place for everyone and for the first time, even the women? The USA did. If it was just Taleban stuff they would have left right after smashing them to bits, no? Why waste money on those expensive projects to help Afghanistan help itself and to bring an end to the tribal conflicts there?

I know a lot of our countries contribute, but at the point of the spear it was the US.
Ok I will bite.
Whats Somalia like today?.
How about Lebanon?
Lets take a look at Afghanistan?

Not one of those nations is a thriving country infact in all of those nations the americans left about 20 minutes after photographers left.

So while it is commendable that that the US wanted to get involved actually doing something to completion and well would earn more respect.
--
Boots
March 18th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFAUX2004
Quote:
Quote:
There are those of us who are willing to actually do something to bring security to our people and freedom to the peoples of foreign nations.

Don't really agree with all of that but close (I polish my boots)[/quote]

Hehe fair enough.
March 18th, 2005  
Redneck

Looks like I missed another memo (I really have to fire my secretary).
I thought we were still rebuilding in Afghanistan, silly me.
March 18th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

And how the hell do you know I watch FOX?...Are you a...SPY!
March 18th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:

I'm sorry to rain on your parade there partner, but if you start to make posts that have absolutely no purpose beyond insulting another poster (myself included) I'm going to have to start banning you.

I am curious though about how cynicism and an absolute willingness to believe anything negative you hear about the world is oddly more respectable than optimism and an unwillingness to believe that everyone in authority is an inhuman monster.

Truthfully I really hate (and this is a generalisation) "rednecks" anywhere in the world my own country included, they are people in my view that will justify anything they or their paticular side does by ignoring everything else as exhibited in your previous arguments where you have not provided any counter arguments and just ignored anything that didnt fit your view.

Now I admit the only posts you will see from me are negative ones as usually I dont respond to posts I agree with and if that warrants a banning well be my guest I am sure neither of us will lose sleep over it.

March 18th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFAUX2004
And how the h**l do you know I watch FOX?...Are you a...SPY!
Umm oddly enough no.
We just tend to accuse people of watching Fox as part of a general insult package, I figured most would have picked up on the deliberate mistake when I used the terms Fox and News together.

March 18th, 2005  
Redneck

Quote:
Truthfully I really hate (and this is a generalisation) "rednecks" anywhere in the world my own country included, they are people in my view that will justify anything they or their paticular side does by ignoring everything else as exhibited in your previous arguments where you have not provided any counter arguments and just ignored anything that didnt fit your view.

Now I admit the only posts you will see from me are negative ones as usually I dont respond to posts I agree with and if that warrants a banning well be my guest I am sure neither of us will lose sleep over it.

By your own definition, you would be a redneck yourself (not that I'm trying to claim you ). I HAVE provided counters to your position on legitimate points (few as they were) and you yourself have ignored pretty near, no wait, all, of them.

Now any further off-topic posts will be deleted and any further personal attacks on myself or any other poster on these forums will result in something that apparently neither of us will lose sleep over.
March 18th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Well, not all of us have the luxury of being a peaceful place like New Zealand. Surrounded by miles and miles of sea with nothing worth taking once taken.
Life can get ugly where a lot of us others live.

like our isolation has kept us away from conflict;

the boer war, gallipoli, the western front, north africa, europe, the pacific,
korea (!!) SE asia, east timor, yugoslavia, afghanistan, iraq.

Quote:
Quote:
I take it for some reason you are incapable of reading any of the 5 links I posted first off or do you think that by not reading them your denials will be valid?.

I see no point in your responses at all if all you plan to do hide behind denial and ignorance.
No, I failed to find any proof in your sources that the events at Abu Ghraib were symptomatic of the overall behavior/policy of the United States government or military (since that appears to be clearly what you are insinuating).
i think what this comes back to is the way the US position is portrayed to it's citizens;
if you are constantly on the side of justice, how can anything anybody does defending freedom possibly be wrong?

Quote:
Until a viable alternative has been suggested and as long as they keep my country safe, I could care less about these supposed travesties.

and this is why bad things will keep happening to the states, the US is so focused INWARDS that the don't see the reasons attacks like 9/11 happen. do you know why osama attacked the world trade center?