Another Abu Ghraib? - Page 3

--
Boots

March 16th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm getting from your last post, staurofilakes, is that everyone involved isn't fighting the war in a moral way. As in, we are just as bad as the insurgents themselves.
You are right, I think that some times we are acting without moral. I know that are specific cases, like the Abu Ghraib prision or the british prisions in Irak, where prisioners are bad treated, violeting the Geneve Convention. I think the photos everybody saw are a really bad propaganda for this war, arab people will get anger and we will have more 11-M & 11-S.
March 16th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

You just made a major error. Not every soldier in Iraq was involved with the Abu Graib incident, it was only a few soldiers. That's like saying this forum is bad because we've had members being banned. When it comes right down to it no matter how hard you train someone to be morally right it is up to them if they will be moral or not.
March 16th, 2005  
Corocotta

Well, I do not know how many soldiers were involved, but there were tons of pictures. In the trials the soldiers said they were following orders....
--
Boots
March 16th, 2005  
Big_Z

Let me guess, you would rather have America submit to terrorist and let them pick our leaders too? You think you have the world figured out but I don't think you have a clue.
March 16th, 2005  
sleepyscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes
I think on this needful war on terrorism we have to fight with wisdom, like the title above says. We have to use democratic ways for the fight, if we donīt, what will make us different of this fanatics?
What exactly is democratic fighting, democracy only works if the people choose to submit to democracy, these people donít want to submit so there for we have to fight them. That sounds really bad but thatís the way the world works since man walked the earth. What makes us better then the fanatics there are allot of differences that make us better especially in the way we fight. however what I believe to the biggest issue is that i fight for the my fellow man and my country the terrorist fight for power for control of a population that they then force to submit to there believes. yes there are bad apples and yes things happen in war that normal society seaís as wrong but because one incident happens and its on cnn for a month and they show allot of photos doesnít make the rest of us bad. we arenít raping and pillaging the local population we arenít running around like the Nazis in France during ww2 we arenít killing every single educated person in the country like in Cambodia and we arenít sending every one to be reeducated like the Vietnamese yep some individuals claim they were tortured but I want more proof I want them to define the torture. I want more information about these people backgrounds what did they do that made them get noticed. It feels like the news media is not doing any research and just putting these storyís up there to make a buck and get more viewers.
March 16th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
Let me guess, you would rather have America submit to terrorist and let them pick our leaders too? You think you have the world figured out but I don't think you have a clue. If I thought a terrorist had information that could save lifes I would kick his teeth in to get it.
i hope you just kick the mouths of the bad guys...I hope you do not do many mistakes.....
March 17th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Personally from what I've seen, some people only listen after you've thoroughly screwed them up.

It's like this. There were some bad ass "gang" dudes who lived in my area way back when. One day the fake ass "gang" decided to stop us on the road with their pushbikes... we were 12 years old and they were between 11 and 15 I think. 8 or more of them, 3 of us. My friend tried to reason with them. Nothing. I just walked up to their leader guy and put a fist into his ear. He went down and the problem was solved instantly. Didn't even have to say a word.

Personally I think there's been too much of this "dialogue" crap with people who won't listen anyways. There are people you can talk and negotiate with and there are those who you just need to thoroughly beat the crap out of.

Avoiding a fight at the cost of everything isn't wisdom. It's cowardice.
March 17th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Personally I think there's been too much of this "dialogue" crap with people who won't listen anyways. There are people you can talk and negotiate with and there are those who you just need to thoroughly beat the crap out of.

Avoiding a fight at the cost of everything isn't wisdom. It's cowardice.
Are you saying that what happened in Abu Ghraib is fine?? That was not a interrogatory, that was torture. People that tortured in Abu Ghraib are the cowards, they used their force and their superior position to humillate. I think that kind of people should enter jail and donīt get out for many years. I think you should take a look to those pictures again...only a mental perturbated could say those pictures are the right way to treat a prisioner.
March 17th, 2005  
A Can of Man

No.
That was a mistake. If anything because it adds to the enemy propaganda and hurts popular support.
As for the welfare of those guys, I really don't care.
March 17th, 2005  
Redneck

What's a "mental perturbated?"

Funny that you think that the perpetrators of the crimes at Abu Ghraib should go to prison staurofilakes, apparently my government agrees with you, logical conclusion being that these acts were and are not supported by a) the military, b) the government as a whole, and c) the Bush administration. What with all the practice with conspiracy theories we apparently have (from viewing the topics you and a couple others constantly post here), one would be kind of pushed to believe that if we had wanted to, we could have made Abu Ghraib disappear, hell if we can hide the systematic extermination of all minority groups for near on 100 years, a couple al-Q's getting kicked around should have been no problem. Kind of seems like a case of having your cake and eating it too there buddy.