Annoyed Citizen vs. Police Helicopter

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
WTF, over? :? Only in America...

ORLANDO, FL-- ANNOYED CITIZEN VS POLICE HELICOPTER

Open Source
(AP) BREAKING

Deputies have arrested a woman who shot fireworks at a sheriff's helicopter flying overhead. Marjorie Thompson, 44, was annoyed with the loud noise the helicopter was making over her house late Thursday night, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. The woman ran outside with a bottle rocket launcher and started shooting bottle rockets at the aircraft, Florida Today reported.

The helicopter was in the area searching for the suspect of a car theft, authorities said.

The helicopter's pilot, Mike Umbarger, said the craft's flight pattern was never in jeopardy. Authorities said they caught Thompson in the act of launching the second bottle rocket. She is facing a felony charge of shooting or throwing a deadly missile into an aircraft.

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thats hilarious! hahahahahahaha! OMG, I love our country...oh man, thats good...phew, i think i just peed a little hahaha...there goes my mountain dew..hahaha...WDF was she thinking..damn...hahaha...theres just no way to cover that. I can see it now in the prison: Inmate 1:So what'r ya in fer? Thompson:I shot fireworks at a helicopter, it was buggin me.

The helicopter's pilot, Mike Umbarger, said the craft's flight pattern was never in jeopardy.
She is facing a felony charge of shooting or throwing a deadly missile into an aircraft.

Bottle Rockets deadly?!?!?!?!

LMAO

Well, it's good that Orlando PD arrested someone. Because at a WWII reenactment. We did something worse.

We were doing a night battle and someone freaked the hell out and called the cops. Police Helicopter flies over and the next thing I hear. The British blow their little whistle. All of a sudden, every reenactor fired at the helicopter. I thought we be arrested right there and then for that. The pilot goes over the intercom and tells us where the Germans are instead.

She fired bottle rockets...at a helicopter. Uh...so what? I put pennies on railroad tracks and let trains squash them. That's a felony too, and it's just about as dangerous to the train as a bottle rocket is to a helicopter. Both sides are suffering from a bad case of recto-cranial inversion.

The reenactment? You know that pilot bit a chunk or two out of his seat when he saw all those muzzle flashes.

When we set up events. We always tell local law enforcement and the local fire department about what we're doing and what we have.

bulldogg said:
There had to be alcohol involved.
the thing is...thats questionable...There are some people who would fire bottlerockets at a helicopter sober...thats just how dumb some people are...lol...

About four years ago, I was working for a small company developing a low recoil 20 mm machine gun or cannon. Since everything is electronicly controlled and fired, I was building them a command box. I usually had to stick around every firing in case the electronics screwed up. These guys had spent a bunch of money on an underground, soundproof bunker/firing range under the building but overlooked the fact that nothing is completely soundproof, especially a 20mm on full auto.

There was a mobile home park across the highway and every time we had a sustained firing, the Sheriff showed up. To solve this, the owner just called the Sheriff before firing and we blasted away. The mobil home park lit up like Christmas but after the Sheriff told them there were no noise ordinances and the range was safe, they would have to put up with it. In the three years I worked on the project about one fourth of the lots were empty. As long as you are within the local laws, you're okay.

Reading stories like these makes me question my hope/faith in basic human intelligence... Seriously, did she really think a police helicopter would go away because she shot bottle rockets at it?!!

Hence I was being optimistic, hoping, that alcohol had been ingested in copious amounts by this trailer park queen.
:)

5.56X45mm said:
We were doing a night battle and someone freaked the hell out and called the cops. Police Helicopter flies over and the next thing I hear. The British blow their little whistle. All of a sudden, every reenactor fired at the helicopter. I thought we be arrested right there and then for that. The pilot goes over the intercom and tells us where the Germans are instead.
LMAO! At least that chopper cop had a sense of humor!

She is facing a felony charge of shooting or throwing a deadly missile into an aircraft

According to the storey she fired at the helicopter and they are charging her with shooting into the craft. What the hell for...... It is a bit overkill and nothing was in jeopardy.

Back