Annapolis Naval Academy

C/Cpl. Chirico

I am trying to get as much information as I can on the USNA. I'm wondering if there are any alumni or friends of alumni that can help me out. Specifically, what I should start doing in terms of finding a recruiter and getting recomendations. I am currently a sophmore in highschool, with a GPA of 90. I am in a Marine Corps JROTC, was on both JV volleyball and track, and plan on joining the fencing team at my school. I am also a member of our schools debate team. I dont mean to sound too sure of myself or anything, but many of the upper-classmen have told me I am a surefire for CO come my senior year. If anyone out there can help me, it would be extremely appreciated, thankyou.

A member of my wrestling and football team from last year is currently attending. I would say he had a rather high grades, 90's and such. Very athletic though. One of the top wrestlers in his section, great football and wrestler also. Also he took many college courses. He also had brothers in the academies but that has nothing to do with getting in. So be active in school, athletics, the community, and maybe raise those grades even hgiher and you might have a chance to get in. Just remeber it is extremely competitive and don't forget about those private academies.

it helps to do college coures at night. but check out the citadel or Virginia military institute, their pretty cool, just in case you dont get in.

I am going to try and get into West Point and the requirements are pretty much the same so I might know a bit. You want to get your grades as high as possible, top 10 percent is reccomended. The sports are great and JROTC won't hurt you at all lol.

Back